Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Much like a lot of squads throughout this NBA playoffs, Team USA could’ve benefited greatly from the presence of a Kyle Lowry.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    watch US go undefeated after this.
    Yeah, if they can adjust to the physicality... USA should be good. NBA stars have become experts at not giving AF about NBA regular season games, let alone FIBA warmups.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    watch US go undefeated after this.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

A lot of people are pointing to the physicality, rules & reffing - basically saying that FIBA is real basketball where players are allowed to actually make contact and saying this is a perfect example that exposes how NBA badly the has watered down the game to dramatically favor offensive players with the ability to arbitrarily give FTs to star players of their choice.

In other words.... American NBA players are soft.
    Does this roster lack ( like Canada ) a floor general . We have PG's but no Chris Paul or Jason Kidd and or Lowry .. They are playing like a NBA all star game . Also they have a NBA coach who has very little experience in the FIBA game ..

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post

Is there any logic that a starting five of Patty Mills/Dellavedova/Ingles/Thybull and friggin Aron Baynes could beat a team with a KD , Lillard and Beal team ? That Aussie team would be a NBA lottery team .

I know the FIBA ball and NBA balls are the same size but the U.S resembled Canada when it came to shooting ..
    A lot of people are pointing to the physicality, rules & reffing - basically saying that FIBA is real basketball where players are allowed to actually make contact and saying this is a perfect example that exposes how NBA badly the has watered down the game to dramatically favor offensive players with the ability to arbitrarily give FTs to star players of their choice.

In other words.... American NBA players are soft.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Bradley Beal's only value is putting up 30 night after night. They had him out there a team leading 32 minutes and they only had 6 shots for him. What's that mean he's doing the rest of the time? He's no role player. He shoots.

A lot of things happen in a game like this for a more individually talented team to lose, but one is what you just described - you lister a 5 man unit that actually fits together by position and skill set and experience, then you listed 3 guys who do the same thing. Lillard/Beal/KD are not getting 20 shots each in these games, and if they aren't they aren't anywhere near their peak potential in these games. Their name recognition is moot.

KDs the guy most able to help all over the floor, but Dame and Beal and Lavine? If these guys aren't shooting, they aren't doing anything for you. Arguably net negatives, some pretty suspect defence there. Their value is in hanging 30 on anyone.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    I do wonder about their roster balance. That whole "let's take four alpha 30 ppg guys and start them together" or whatever is exactly what doesn't work. I'm not going to be the biggest fan of a team giving Dame/Beal/Lavine heavy minutes out there with KD, Tatum. There's a lot of skillset overlap ( = wasted talent, there's only so many shots a game) there and more than enough suspect defence.

They've learned this before, Canada has with hockey too. You have to build a team, not just load up on big names who score a lot.

That said, they should still be fine. We'll see if they can flip the switch. That itself is a risk for NBA guys in one and done FIBA games. Should take these warm ups seriously.
    Is there any logic that a starting five of Patty Mills/Dellavedova/Ingles/Thybull and friggin Aron Baynes could beat a team with a KD , Lillard and Beal team ? That Aussie team would be a NBA lottery team .

I know the FIBA ball and NBA balls are the same size but the U.S resembled Canada when it came to shooting ..
    Last edited by guyroch; Tue Jul 13, 2021, 09:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    I do wonder about their roster balance. That whole "let's take four alpha 30 ppg guys and start them together" or whatever is exactly what doesn't work. I'm not going to be the biggest fan of a team giving Dame/Beal/Lavine heavy minutes out there with KD, Tatum. There's a lot of skillset overlap ( = wasted talent, there's only so many shots a game) there and more than enough suspect defence.

They've learned this before, Canada has with hockey too. You have to build a team, not just load up on big names who score a lot.

That said, they should still be fine. We'll see if they can flip the switch. That itself is a risk for NBA guys in one and done FIBA games. Should take these warm ups seriously.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    I still think the US should be a massive favorite to win gold but I don't understand how they're 0-2. This is not the same team as the 04 team. The 04 team had Duncan and Iverson as their 2 best players and then they had a young LeBron, Melo and Wade and a bunch of role players like Jeffersson and Odom and Boozer. This current team is not the same. They have future hall of famers all in the prime of their careers up and down their lineup. I don't understand how they're 0-2. I say this though, Ingles probably gave them extra motivation by taking that layup and talking shit after. Not smart. If i'm Ingles I would just shut the hell up. Where was this against the Clippers?

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Well U.S loses another warn up game .. Aussies beat them . Well going back to last Worlds .. That is 4 losses in last 5 games

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Zach Edey has come out of nowhere and is now a beast . The kid is insanely huge... apparently up to 7 foot 6 in shoes and still growing. The Canadian Yao Ming. Hopefully he doesn't suffer the injuries that befall most giants who play basketball.

https://www.southbendtribune.com/sto...nows/44335685/
    Well Canada under 19 team bounced back from a loss against U.S to capture a bronze ..

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    Sometimes the more talented team doesn’t win…

This was exhibition, but still…

(and this is without OG.)

Bam Adebayo (Nigerian father) started for Team USA. He’s thinking about switching teams now.

I told y’all not to fuss about Team Canada. Shit happens in FIBA.

Leave a comment:

• Dvdvideo
    replied
    Bizarre that they didn't want og on that team......

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Sometimes the more talented team doesn’t win…

This was exhibition, but still…

(and this is without OG.)

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post
    Canada Under 19 team continues their run .. They beat Spain and they are off to the semi's ... Their reward is they have to face the U.S in the semi's
    Zach Edey has come out of nowhere and is now a beast . The kid is insanely huge... apparently up to 7 foot 6 in shoes and still growing. The Canadian Yao Ming. Hopefully he doesn't suffer the injuries that befall most giants who play basketball.

Edey doesn’t seem to know his actual height.

“My height goes through weird spurts,” he says. “I was still growing recently. With shoes on, I could be closer to 7-6 by the start of (next) season. I have no idea.”
    https://www.southbendtribune.com/sto...nows/44335685/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X