Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! They stomped em

Comment

• Wow. Impressive win. Barrett is crazy good at this level.

We were 10/1 dogs to beat the US.

Boom.

Comment

• The new Andrew Wiggins. Just a matter of time before we here all the tank for Barrett crap.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          Wow. Impressive win. Barrett is crazy good at this level.

We were 10/1 dogs to beat the US.

Boom.
          Crazy. Looks good on Canada. And that was with Lindell not playing. RJ is nuts.

Comment

• Barrett destroyed guys that are going to start for Kentucky this year. This kid is amazing

Comment

• I once made a mistake of buying the Wiggins hype. Never again. Canadians have this tendency to overhype their own athletes like no one else. I still remember the Wiggins hype. Remember when he made the cover of SI standing besidea Wilt Chamberlain?

I mean, Wiggins is a good player. But he's nothing special.

Milos Raonic is another one. He's an AWFUL tennis player. An awful tennis player. Never won a Grand Slam in his career and i doubt he wins one. But the Canadian media talks about him like he's Roger Federer. Just ridiculous.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                I once made a mistake of buying the Wiggins hype. Never again. Canadians have this tendency to overhype their own athletes like no one else. I still remember the Wiggins hype. Remember when he made the cover of SI standing besidea Wilt Chamberlain?

Milos Raonic is another one. He's an AWFUL tennis player. An awful tennis player. Never won a Grand Slam in his career and i doubt he wins one. But the Canadian media talks about him like he's Roger Federer. Just ridiculous.
                So the example of Canadians overhyping Wiggins was him on the cover of SI with Wilt, which I didn't realise was a Canadian magazine. Always thought it was American. Learn something every day.

And yeah, Raonic, is awful, only the 7th best player in the word, kind of like all those awful 2nd Team All-NBA players, except for Curry and Durant who've won rings.

A master stroke of hyperbole.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I once made a mistake of buying the Wiggins hype. Never again. Canadians have this tendency to overhype their own athletes like no one else. I still remember the Wiggins hype. Remember when he made the cover of SI standing besidea Wilt Chamberlain?

lol no. 7 in the world (and previously as high as no. 3) is awful? that's fucking dumb dude.

honestly your last paragraph sounds like a trump quote.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    lol no. 7 in the world (and previously as high as no. 3) is awful? that's fucking dumb dude.

honestly your last paragraph sounds like a trump quote.
                    #7 in the world? LOL. That's not really saying much though if you actually follow tennis. Which i don't think you do.

There's the Big 4 and there's everybody else.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

#7 in the world? LOL. That's not really saying much though if you actually follow tennis. Which i don't think you do.

There's the Big 4 and there's everybody else.
                      That doesn't make him an awful tennis player.

he's not all that aesthetically pleasing but he's still pretty much objectively a great tennis player.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        So the example of Canadians overhyping Wiggins was him on the cover of SI with Wilt, which I didn't realise was a Canadian magazine. Always thought it was American. Learn something every day.

And yeah, Raonic, is awful, only the 7th best player in the word, kind of like all those awful 2nd Team All-NBA players, except for Curry and Durant who've won rings.

A master stroke of hyperbole.
                        Do you really want me to retrieve all the Wiggins tweets from the Canadian media during his draft year?

Nevermind, just bump the 2014 draft thread here and you'll see a lot of non sense posts like he's the next great NBA player.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Btw, i still remember the LeBron/Wiggins comparison. Lol.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• When is the final
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Do you really want me to retrieve all the Wiggins tweets from the Canadian media during his draft year?

Nevermind, just bump the 2014 draft thread here and you'll see a lot of non sense posts like he's the next great NBA player.
                              Of course he was overhyped in Canada, but using the preeminent US sports magazine to further your point about Canada was totally incongruous.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                                When is the final
                                2:30pm tomorrow. Canada vs Mini-Bargnanis

Comment

Working...
                                X