Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    I'm so totally out of the loop these days. What the hell is a G League? and what's the difference between the D League and the G Leauge?
    Same league, new sponsor. D League is now named after Gatorade

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Same league, new sponsor. D League is now named after Gatorade
      lol are you serious? the Gatorade League? lol
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

lol are you serious? the Gatorade League? lol

Comment

I'm so totally out of the loop these days. What the hell is a G League? and what's the difference between the D League and the G Leauge?
          The G league is simply the D League rebranded as a result of Gatorade now being the major sponsor/advertiser .

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
            The G league is simply the D League rebranded as a result of Gatorade now being the major sponsor/advertiser .
            I fucking hate rebranding and new sponsor naming to a structure known for years by 1 name!! I still refer to Roger Centre as the skydome, i dont care if they change it.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              I fucking hate rebranding and new sponsor naming to a structure known for years by 1 name!! I still refer to Roger Centre as the skydome, i dont care if they change it.
              I'm with you, but 'D-league' was an already horrible name if not outright insulting to the players that might have to play there. You hear 'D' and you think 'fail' or 'nowhere close to good enough'. There isn't much associated with the letter G aside from 'good', and now - Gatorade!

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                I'm with you, but 'D-league' was an already horrible name if not outright insulting to the players that might have to play there. You hear 'D' and you think 'fail' or 'nowhere close to good enough'. There isn't much associated with the letter G aside from 'good', and now - Gatorade!
                G-Spot League

Comment

Google pretty much owns all things G.

Comment

• Didn't D stand for Development?

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                      Didn't D stand for Development?
                      Yup. It was known as the National basketball development league.

Comment

D stands for Developmental. But if you are looking at it from a slang perpective, there is more reason for ridicule with the new name if you think about it.

" Yo you best fear my boy Bruno, he's a real G...3 years running!". But seriously naming a league after a toxicated coroprate "Sports" drink makes the league be taken less seriously. Its bad enough that the "Sprite Zone" at the ACC is a snickered joke as it is.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          Google pretty much owns all things G.
                          Dr dre and snoop dogg beg to differ
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DX's Jonathan Givony has an ESPN Insider story featuring R. J. Barrett

This year, tournament MVP R.J. Barrett stood out as clearly the best and most productive prospect despite only recently turning 17 and, in some cases, competing against players 2½ years older. On the verge of reclassifying to the 2018 high school class and in turn making himself eligible for the 2019 NBA draft, Barrett made a strong case as a potential No. 1 pick while leading Canada to its first title in the event.

Barrett completely outplayed U.S. wings Cameron Reddish (No. 3 in ESPN's 2018 Top 100) and Hamidou Diallo (a potential 2018 lottery pick) in their head-to-head matchups, looking virtually unstoppable off the dribble and getting to the free throw line 15 times en route to a 38-point, 13-rebound, 5-assist, 1-turnover outing -- one of the best individual performances we've ever witnessed at the FIBA youth level.

The young forward even knocked down a pair of 3-pointers against the U.S., something that is considered the weakest part of his game (he's a 33 percent career 3-point shooter on 83 attempts in 26 games in our database). His mechanics are sound and he was effective at this tournament rising up and making shots off the dribble, so it's likely only a matter of time until he's able to expand his range. The rest of his game is as polished as you'll find from a 17-year-old.

He's incredibly smooth in transition, displays elite body control and footwork attacking the rim in the half court, looks unselfishly for the open man and can play lockdown, multipositional defense when he puts his mind to it. Barrett's poise was arguably the most impressive thing he showed in Cairo earlier this month. His demeanor never changed in the medal rounds, and he looked locked in and focused as he delivered big play after big play.
                            http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/stor...u19s-nba-draft
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              DX's Jonathan Givony has an ESPN Insider story featuring R. J. Barrett

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/stor...u19s-nba-draft
                              Just read that DraftExpress got bought out by ESPN. Sucks. Looks like all that great content going behind the Berlin paywall. :-(

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Just read that DraftExpress got bought out by ESPN. Sucks. Looks like all that great content going behind the Berlin paywall. :-(
                                I guess that answers the question of who was replacing Chad Ford after ESPN pink-slipped him.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X