• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJ Barrett reclassified to 2018!

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/the-r-j-...assify-to-2018
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Has anyone scouted Simi Shittu?

With Murray/Wiggins/Barrett looking like a killer 1-2-3 I'm wondering who our best options are up front long-term. Though it's probably too early to say with Shittu.

Comment

• All that stood out was 37% free throw shooting and 41% FG. That's, uh, sub-par for a great athlete.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Has anyone scouted Simi Shittu?

With Murray/Wiggins/Barrett looking like a killer 1-2-3 I'm wondering who our best options are up front long-term. Though it's probably too early to say with Shittu.
          Simi is going to be an NBA player. He is a face up 4 who is still learning to add offensive skill to his great athletic abilities. He is top 10 in his class and had offers from all the big schools. He took home the MVP at the NBA Top 100 camp in June. http://kentucky.247sports.com/Bolt/S...-100--53244461 in
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Has anyone scouted Simi Shittu?

I think going small and having Justin Jackson at PF with that core would be amazing; the speed, athleticism, shooting, and length on that would be great. Throw in a stretch big like Olynyk, Lyles, even Barrett, and it's a deadly lineup. Question is whether we'll ever see them together at a major tournament.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
              I think going small and having Justin Jackson at PF with that core would be amazing; the speed, athleticism, shooting, and length on that would be great. Throw in a stretch big like Olynyk, Lyles, even Barrett, and it's a deadly lineup. Question is whether we'll ever see them together at a major tournament.
              Add in Dwight Powell, Ennis, Jospeh and Thompson and that is a lot of youth and upside.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• The Wolves President wants a sit down with Andrew Wiggins before he would consider giving him a max contract ... Funny the owner wants a commitment form him that he will work hard and is committed to working on his skills to be a better player . Is that weird ? I don't recall Raptors front office talking about that when they gave a max contract to DeRozan . Is it cause they know DeRozan has shown the hard work but on the Wolves side they haven't seen that same dedication .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                  The Wolves President wants a sit down with Andrew Wiggins before he would consider giving him a max contract ... Funny the owner wants a commitment form him that he will work hard and is committed to working on his skills to be a better player . Is that weird ? I don't recall Raptors front office talking about that when they gave a max contract to DeRozan . Is it cause they know DeRozan has shown the hard work but on the Wolves side they haven't seen that same dedication .
                  Wiggins doesn't deserve a max contract.

Comment

The Wolves President wants a sit down with Andrew Wiggins before he would consider giving him a max contract ... Funny the owner wants a commitment form him that he will work hard and is committed to working on his skills to be a better player . Is that weird ? I don't recall Raptors front office talking about that when they gave a max contract to DeRozan . Is it cause they know DeRozan has shown the hard work but on the Wolves side they haven't seen that same dedication .
                    DeMar idolized Kobe and has always had a killer work ethic. I like Wiggins but I haven't heard the same types of stories. But then I'm not a TWolves fan.

I do think having Thibs and Butler around is really going to bring out the best in him though.

Comment

DeMar idolized Kobe and has always had a killer work ethic. I like Wiggins but I haven't heard the same types of stories. But then I'm not a TWolves fan.

I do think having Thibs and Butler around is really going to bring out the best in him though.

Comment

• 18 ATHLETES SELECTED TO ATTEND SENIOR MEN'S TRAINING AND SELECTION CAMP

No Jay Triano this time ..

http://www.basketball.ca/en/news-art...-and-selection

you got to love Brady Heslip when ever Canada calls he comes !!

Comment

18 ATHLETES SELECTED TO ATTEND SENIOR MEN'S TRAINING AND SELECTION CAMP

No Jay Triano this time ..

http://www.basketball.ca/en/news-art...-and-selection

you got to love Brady Heslip when ever Canada calls he comes !!
                          What's the point in playing @ AmeriCup?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            What's the point in playing @ AmeriCup?
                            Qualfing starts in November ... This is the type of roster that we maybe sending

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              1) Euroleague schedule wasn't in serious conflict before tournament changes. FIBA acted in good faith and gave nearly 4 years notice.
                              2) Domestic leagues have more voting power than Euroleague already and all European leagues unanimously approved new FIBA calendar.
                              3) FIBA was very transparent from the start and they didn't threaten anyone, clearly Euroleague is still pissed about FIBA Europe threats.

You think it's just a coincidence that Euroleague changed it's tournament format after they found out about FIBA plans? Maybe, but why they took two full seasons to inform about their decision?

EuroLeague is evil. They've been sued by pretty much every European basketball country in the last 10 years. It's obvious they're pissed about FIBA Europe threats and newly formed league "Champions League".

Don't get me wrong, FIBA is shady as fuck too. They surely deserve to get fucked, but that's unfair to us. Sucks.
                              federations approved it, they aren't the same as domestic leagues. e.g. USA basketball (federation) vs. NBA (league).

I never saw much sense in FIBA new calendar and never thought the clubs would follow it.

I don't think it matters if FIBA announces some unilateral plan 4 years in advance or 10 years in advance, the question is if it makes sense for clubs. Clubs don't owe FIBA anything. If FIBA wants agreement from clubs, it should involve clubs in the decision making process.

Bigger Euroleague with more games is the way to go IMO. Especially great for clubs from countries without big domestic leagues, i.e. not Spain.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                                federations approved it, they aren't the same as domestic leagues. e.g. USA basketball (federation) vs. NBA (league).

I never saw much sense in FIBA new calendar and never thought the clubs would follow it.

I don't think it matters if FIBA announces some unilateral plan 4 years in advance or 10 years in advance, the question is if it makes sense for clubs. Clubs don't owe FIBA anything. If FIBA wants agreement from clubs, it should involve clubs in the decision making process.

Bigger Euroleague with more games is the way to go IMO. Especially great for clubs from countries without big domestic leagues, i.e. not Spain.
                                ex. not "said country" is not an example.

Comment

Working...
                                X