No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to see Murray there. Wonder why Wiggins, Stauskas and Lyles aren't participating. Hopefully Barrett will in the future
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      No RJ Barrett? Is he pulling a Wiggins on us?

I'd assume he wants to focus on his upcoming college season. Would be awful if he got hurt before his draft year
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        No RJ Barrett? Is he pulling a Wiggins on us?
        No, he's prepping for college.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
          Good to see Murray there. Wonder why Wiggins, Stauskas and Lyles aren't participating. Hopefully Barrett will in the future
          I'm kinda done with Wiggins. Another year, another reason not to play.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
            I'd assume he wants to focus on his upcoming college season. Would be awful if he got hurt before his draft year
            rocwell wrote: View Post
            No, he's prepping for college.
            Boo! Hate that excuse.

Comment

• Comment

• If we don't qualify for 2020 Olympics we will have squandered such a great opportunity. With proper program, coaching and PLAYER PARTICIPATION there should be no reason we can't be a medal winner in the Olympics, with an outside shot at the 1 game upset for gold. That should be our ceiling, not "did not qualify"
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Wiggins.

No desire to win.

Anywhere.

Seriously, if a guy has no heart to play when it comes to his home and his country, no wonder he can't bring it on an NBA floor.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                    Wiggins.

No desire to win.

Anywhere.

Seriously, if a guy has no heart to play when it comes to his home and his country, no wonder he can't bring it on an NBA floor.
                    Trade DD for Wiggins? I don't think so. I believe there's a better chance Derozan puts in the effort to play defense than Wiggins puts in the effort to play to his potential.

Comment

• Why are people so harsh towards Wiggins? He is only 23, was relegated as 3rd option to make Butler happy and keep Towns involved. His future in Minnesota is in question and the Wolves and Wiggins need to do what's best for their future.

He may not be projecting as a top 10 NBA player, but let's not write him off just yet. He should be a big part of Team Canada for the next dozen years. I will reserve judgement when the games ramp up in competition level and importance. Remember we have already punched our ticket to the next round.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                        Why are people so harsh towards Wiggins? He is only 23, was relegated as 3rd option to make Butler happy and keep Towns involved. His future in Minnesota is in question and the Wolves and Wiggins need to do what's best for their future.

He may not be projecting as a top 10 NBA player, but let's not write him off just yet. He should be a big part of Team Canada for the next dozen years. I will reserve judgement when the games ramp up in competition level and importance. Remember we have already punched our ticket to the next round.
                        Ok. Fair enough. Judging by your avatar you know way more about this than I do.

I was just salty and fed up with waiting for him to show up on the international stage. But if you say now is not the imperative time, I rescind my saltiness for the time being. Hopefully he turns up when the appropriate moment comes.

Comment

Why are people so harsh towards Wiggins? He is only 23, was relegated as 3rd option to make Butler happy and keep Towns involved. His future in Minnesota is in question and the Wolves and Wiggins need to do what's best for their future.

Wiggins has a huge long term contract. All the job security in the world and then some. What's his excuse for not participating this summer? The best way to improve his game would be to play high level basketball, which is exactly what playing for Canada would provide.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                            Wiggins has a huge long term contract. All the job security in the world and then some. What's his excuse for not participating this summer? The best way to improve his game would be to play high level basketball, which is exactly what playing for Canada would provide.
                            Lewenberg has a report where he says that Wiggins (and Stauskas) does not like Triano from the tourney a couple years ago, and that's a big part of why he didn't come. I'd guess the Wolves also want him to work on his game rather than play with Team Canada - plus if they do look to move him, they won't want to risk him getting hurt.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I don't care.

He's secured a long-term contract now.

Play for the fucking national team.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                                I don't care.

He's secured a long-term contract now.

Play for the fucking national team.

Comment

Working...
                                X