Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post
    Nik Stalkis ( sorry for spelling ) is a real disappointment .... You got to love Heslip who comes every time Canada calls ... Sad not to see Jamaul Murray on this roster ..

Am I not alone but wish Jay Tranio would retire ...
    Were you apologizing for the spelling of Stauskas, or what was about to occur after?
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Basketball Canada is streaming the friendly today against China, if anyone's interested:
      https://sportscanada.tv/canadabasket...h-live-june22/

Comment

• Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Always love seeing those Scrubbs on the roster. lol. Unfortunate name for a basketball player.

Comment

• From the part of the game I watched, Brooks was unstoppable, Barrett fits right in and is one of the better players on the court already, and Boucher was dominant at both ends. Also got surprisingly chippy for a friendly, with Bennett and the Chinese coach both getting tossed.

Great to see this level of talent actually playing for the national team. I continue to say that the style of ball this team should be playing is focusing on spreading the floor with their shooters and then driving. Other countries often have a couple dead-eye shooters similar to Heslip or Stauskis, but few can just constantly roll stretch bigs like Canada can with Olynyk, Bennett, Nicholson, and now Boucher.

It's worth mentioning that while China has a similar FIBA rank to Canada, they've split their squad in preparation for the 2019 worlds, so this isn't China's full team so you can't draw too many conclusions from it. But if they play like this on the 29th against DR, they should handle them easily.

Comment

• I want this fucking team to play together, this would be entertaining as hell.

PG: Murray, Joseph
              SG: Barrett, Shai Alexander
              SF: Wiggins, Brooks
              PF: Lyles, Olynyk, Bennet
              C: Thompson, Bouchard, Birch

Comment

I want this fucking team to play together, this would be entertaining as hell.

PG: Murray, Joseph
                SG: Barrett, Shai Alexander
                SF: Wiggins, Brooks
                PF: Lyles, Olynyk, Bennet
                C: Thompson, Bouchard, Birch
                Screw Wiggins

Joseph
                Murray
                Barrett
                Olynyk
                Thompson

Let's go to war

Comment

• I saw Chris Boucher on the stat sheet and googled his name and hot this great youtube bio

Chris Boucher Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gNd...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• Andrew Nembhard will be a lottery pick next summer. Canada is a stacked team baby.

Comment

Andrew Nembhard will be a lottery pick next summer. Canada is a stacked team baby.
                      You have to know RJ Barrett is going to be something special ... He is a HS player and his stat shows he already belongs with the big boys .. He reminds me of Steve Nash who at a very young age had already become the face of Canada basketball .

Comment

Andrew Nembhard will be a lottery pick next summer. Canada is a stacked team baby.
                        I do hope Jay doesn't screw things up ...

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                          You have to know RJ Barrett is going to be something special ... He is a HS player and his stat shows he already belongs with the big boys .. He reminds me of Steve Nash who at a very young age had already become the face of Canada basketball .
                          Better than Nash ..... RJ's a winner. He won everything you can possibly win last year at the high school level, as a team and individually and for Canada (playing 2 years up).

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            Better than Nash ..... RJ's a winner. He won everything you can possibly win last year at the high school level, as a team and individually and for Canada (playing 2 years up).
                            Better than Nash at same age maybe.. Nash is top 10 all time in his position and a 2x league MVP

Comment

• The recent trend of highly drafted busts from Canada is unsettling. No one in recent memory has lived up to expectations.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                The recent trend of highly drafted busts from Canada is unsettling. No one in recent memory has lived up to expectations.
                                Jamal Murray has.

Comment

Working...
                                X