Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post
    RJ Barrett is playing tonight and it's a packed house .. RJ playing for Canada in the Summer and a lot of empty seats .. Confusing ?
    Canadians (and especially Torontonians) just love anything that's cool and popular in the US. Duke is that.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Canadians (and especially Torontonians) just love anything that's cool and popular in the US. Duke is that.
      Duke also posdibly has the 3 best college players in the whole nation on one team.

Comment

• Ryerson leading after the first quarter- Duke has been burned in transition a lot in the first.

Barrett and Williamson have looked good

The height difference between the two teams is rather noticeable

Comment

• So this is what the American network ESPN posted for highlights of the Duke game:

And this was the TSN one:

But of course there isn't an American favoritism bias...

Comment

• I watched the game ... I am a Canadian fan but Williamson stole the show . He is a monster ... RJ has so much raw abilty and a year of Duke will do him good . The problem with the youtube generation the players are so hyped and it may go to their head and think that they are done and are ready for the big show ..

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
              I watched the game ... I am a Canadian fan but Williamson stole the show . He is a monster ... RJ has so much raw abilty and a year of Duke will do him good . The problem with the youtube generation the players are so hyped and it may go to their head and think that they are done and are ready for the big show ..
              Williamson reminds me of a Jason Maxiell / Julius Randle hybrid. Will be interesting to see how his physicality translates to the NBA playing against bigger, smarter and more athletic bodies.

Comment

• Zion reminds me a lot of Larry Johnson. Just with more hops. Duke is going to have a great team this year.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Zion reminds me a lot of Larry Johnson. Just with more hops. Duke is going to have a great team this year.
                  If converse was smart they would pitch to make him be grandmama 2.0. Those kicks in the 90's were solid!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Zion reminds me a lot of Larry Johnson. Just with more hops. Duke is going to have a great team this year.
                    Charles Barkley 2.0

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                      Charles Barkley 2.0
                      More like Shawn Kemp dunking power.

Comment

• This escalated quickly from reminds me of Jason Maxiell.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          More like Shawn Kemp dunking power.
                          Shawn Kemp great example ... Dwight Howard under sized monster is also a good example.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                            This escalated quickly from reminds me of Jason Maxiell.
                            Comparing him to Maxiell is just insulting.

I like the Barkley comp a lot. Most Barkley like player since Barkley.

As for Barrett - I'm not even sure who he reminds me of. Maybe the image in my head of what I thought Andrew Wiggins was going to be.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• This is funny:

"Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                Comparing him to Maxiell is just insulting.

I like the Barkley comp a lot. Most Barkley like player since Barkley.

As for Barrett - I'm not even sure who he reminds me of. Maybe the image in my head of what I thought Andrew Wiggins was going to be.
                                Barrett has a little T-Mac in his DNA ... Wiggins is Rudy Gay

Comment

Working...
                                X