Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post
    Barrett has a little T-Mac in his DNA ... Wiggins is Rudy Gay
    Similar bodies. T-Mac played smooth; at worst, borderline aloof. Barrett seems to play with better intensity. He looks a little like Pippen.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      Similar bodies. T-Mac played smooth; at worst, borderline aloof. Barrett seems to play with better intensity. He looks a little like Pippen.
      Pippen was tough, Barrett is more finesse at this point.

I see Barrett potential to that of Demar Derozan (without the defensive limitations and a better 3 point shot).

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        So this is what the American network ESPN posted for highlights of the Duke game:

And this was the TSN one:

But of course there isn't an American favoritism bias...
        In the midst of this Barrett/Williamson stuff, my observations are:

Zion: far more raw talent, more athletic

RJ: the more skilled player, will have the necessary skills to translate to the NBA game and stay long-term.

Zion is 6'6 and 285 pounds, so he's physically destroying everyone in his path. But, his range needs to improve and has to build more of a versatile offensive repertoire to counter a lot of defences, which will happen in the NBA. Against men during the Canada Basketball stint, RJ made the right reads, had counters to defences, and made some spectacular plays -- he's also deceptively strong.

Now, I'm not trying to sound bias here -- I do think Williamson is far more talented than anyone in the upcoming class, even to Barrett, however, as high as his ceiling is, Zion will also have a serious risk. Apparently he's not in "conditioned" shape.

After seeing these athletic monsters come into the league and bust really quick, I'm a little more skeptical on Zion, even though he is a fc!$ing specimen.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Does Duke have the top 2 freshmen in college?
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• This has got to be the heaviest guy with the longest hangtime I have ever seen:

Last edited by Hotshot; Fri Aug 17, 2018, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Does Duke have the top 2 freshmen in college?
              Top 3 ranked prospects.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Top 3 ranked prospects.
                Nice simple preview:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2018-2019-nc...ketball-top-25

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Does Duke have the top 2 freshmen in college?
                  Cam Reddish is gonna be really good. It’s crazy that all three are going to the same school. It’s the super team era I guess. I have a feeling that the pendulum will swing back the other way and guys will want to compete against each other again, but there’s a chance that the buddy buddy aau mentality never goes away. Hopefully I’m right.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                    Cam Reddish is gonna be really good. It’s crazy that all three are going to the same school. It’s the super team era I guess. I have a feeling that the pendulum will swing back the other way and guys will want to compete against each other again, but there’s a chance that the buddy buddy aau mentality never goes away. Hopefully I’m right.
                    We are in a era in " what is the easiest way to get a Championship "

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                      We are in a era in " what is the easiest way to get a Championship "
                      Kentucky is still favorite.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Zion reminds me a lot of Larry Johnson. Just with more hops. Duke is going to have a great team this year.
                        He's a bit more Shawn Kemp imo. Kemp was on pace to have a hof career...... and then he got fat.

My only concern with Zion is his weight. He needs to lose 10-20lbs imo.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• He looks like Larry Johnson. Has the athleticism of Kemp. But plays a lot like Barkley. The kid will be special. Hope the Celtics don't get him

Comment

He looks like Larry Johnson. Has the athleticism of Kemp. But plays a lot like Barkley. The kid will be special. Hope the Celtics don't get him
                            They still own Brooklyn's 1st this year?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              They still own Brooklyn's 1st this year?
                              Sacramento's. Top 1 protected though. So if RJ goes #1, and Kings pick #2.. Zion could go to the Celtics.

They got it from the Fultz/Tatum trade.

Comment

Sacramento's. Top 1 protected though. So if RJ goes #1, and Kings pick #2.. Zion could go to the Celtics.

They got it from the Fultz/Tatum trade.
                                If the Celtics get a top 3 pick out of this, I am ready to walk away from watching the NBA for a while. The Warriors already making it nauseating with the addition of Durant and now the Celtics will be getting another star because of some retarded GM's moves in this league. Also there are rumors that the Celtics could be making a push for A.Davis, and that will just be turrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X