Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dp.
    Last edited by Hotshot; Thu Sep 20, 2018, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• jerome wrote: View Post
      So is Nash still affiliated with the national team anymore?
      He is only a figurehead and frankly I believe there is too much Nepotism there. This reshuffling from Jay Triano to Leo Rautins and back to Triano is tiresome and so as putting his friends in different management position ( although the hiring Rowen Barrett is his best move because his kid RJ is something special and his involvement will help to recruit others).

Also this man will change things: https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...itions-medals/

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        He is only a figurehead and frankly I believe there is too much Nepotism there. This reshuffling from Jay Triano to Leo Rautins and back to Triano is tiresome and so as putting his friends in different management position ( although the hiring Rowen Barrett is his best move because his kid RJ is something special and his involvement will help to recruit others).

Also this man will change things: https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...itions-medals/
        I wonder if one day Vince Carter may get a gig with Canada basketball ... Steve Nash has so many interests and if Glen get put all the pieces together to take Canada Basketball to the next level then Steve Nash may say good bye to his gig .. Hopefully Jay will follow him ...

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
          I wonder if one day Vince Carter may get a gig with Canada basketball ... Steve Nash has so many interests and if Glen get put all the pieces together to take Canada Basketball to the next level then Steve Nash may say good bye to his gig .. Hopefully Jay will follow him ...
          Making Vince Carter an ambassador for team Canada would be great. Many of today's players in Canada are playing ball because of Vince, his impact on the Raptors and Canada still ripples and felt today.

Comment

• How y'all feeling about Wiggins?

Comment

• Jay Triano is a terrible coach. Leo Rautins is worse. I would just hire a European.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                Jay Triano is a terrible coach. Leo Rautins is worse. I would just hire a European.
                Or just stick with Rana.

Comment

• Im all for it

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                    Jay Triano is a terrible coach. Leo Rautins is worse. I would just hire a European.
                    Leo got a team with one 1 NBA player to a World Event ( with Nash ) ... Leo I think did the smart thing and surround himself with strong assistants who he relied on ... Jay I think he is the " head coach " ...

Rana is a career coach who started from the grass roots .
                    Last edited by guyroch; Fri Sep 21, 2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      How y'all feeling about Wiggins?
                      What I don't like is Wiggins and Bennett image is reflecting on Canada basketball and it seems
                      " soft " is being the image they are portraying .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                        What I don't like is Wiggins and Bennett image is reflecting on Canada basketball and it seems
                        " soft " is being the image they are portraying .
                        RJ's going to change that hopefully, but until then it is what it is. Not sure if this is relevant to our softness, but a lot of the Canadian players have grown up in traditional middle-class families with nowhere near the same conditions that some of the US guys had to overcome.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          RJ's going to change that hopefully, but until then it is what it is. Not sure if this is relevant to our softness, but a lot of the Canadian players have grown up in traditional middle-class families with nowhere near the same conditions that some of the US guys had to overcome.
                          Oh I am not saying Canadians are soft ... I am saying American media is generalizing the image to all Canadians ... You could say this whole youtube generation is soft ... Heck every young star thinks they are max players and are getting 30 million a year before they have even accomplished anything ..

Comment

• Softness is a taunt not a way of being. Nobody making it to the NBA is soft, it took lots of hard work and dedication to get there.

Comment

• Women won 81 to 51 at worlds vs Greece.France beat their team by 31.Blg game will be Canada vs France for number one in group.

Comment

• The women just beat Korea by 20. Day and a half rest then France for 1st in the pool and automatic berth in quarter finals.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X