No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's crazy not only how many NBA-level guys we have, but how young that team is. We can field an entire roster of NBA-level players all currently aged 27 and under. Though I think we may want to include both Ejim and Heslip, who respectively might be our best wing defender and pure shooter.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
      Yup, and you look at the group Venezuela got:
      China, Poland, Ivory Coast. That slim margin that Venezuela had in world ranking ended up being huge for the seeding.

Lithuania is going to be really tough, but Australia is definitely beatable for Canada; it just sucks that our very first game is probably the most important of the tournament for us. Beat Australia, and they probably don't have another must-win game against a top team until the quarterfinals.
      Australia is more dangerous than Lithuania due to depth.

The Australian team consists of:

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        The Bounce - a - roo's... are not in the same class as Canada...
        Heard here first.. fuck Wiggins.. leave him at home....
        Murray... RJ Barrett... Olnyk... T.Thompson and Khem BIrch.... CoreyJo.. Dillon Brooks.. Powell...Gilgeoous-Alexander .... the Scrubb brothers.l.. Joel Anthony We are going to kick them right in the pouch !
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Murray... RJ Barrett... Olnyk... T.Thompson and Khem BIrch.... CoreyJo.. Dillon Brooks.. Powell...Gilgeoous-Alexander .... the Scrubb brothers.l.. Joel Anthony We are going to kick them right in the pouch !
          Love the enthusiasm but Murray, Barrett & Brooks aren't likely to play in 2019 due to probable pressure from their NBA teams.

Comment

Have a like for "kick em right in the pouch"
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Australia is more dangerous than Lithuania due to depth.
              To me, Lithuania is tougher. They always do well in these tournaments because all of their players play together and against one-another in domestic leagues, know each other well, and so they can play a much more sophisticated offense than a team that just brings its stars together a couple times a year. This has always been true at the international level; teams like Spain, Argentina, Italy and Greece consist primarily of domestic-league players, drop in a couple elite NBAers, and they play like a team that has been playing together for years, even to the point that they can play tough against US All-star level teams.

I think we can beat both Lithuania and Australia... but both of them are going to be tough and very different from one-another. Australia will be a much more comfortable game because they'll play something closer to an NBA style.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post

To me, Lithuania is tougher. They always do well in these tournaments because all of their players play together and against one-another in domestic leagues, know each other well, and so they can play a much more sophisticated offense than a team that just brings its stars together a couple times a year. This has always been true at the international level; teams like Spain, Argentina, Italy and Greece consist primarily of domestic-league players, drop in a couple elite NBAers, and they play like a team that has been playing together for years, even to the point that they can play tough against US All-star level teams.

I think we can beat both Lithuania and Australia... but both of them are going to be tough and very different from one-another. Australia will be a much more comfortable game because they'll play something closer to an NBA style.
                I think teams like Argentina, Lithuania, Spain and Italy are no longer the power houses as they used to be. Teams like Canada, Australia, Greece and Serbia are having resurgent in talent and are set to take over.

Australia is not only dangerous because of depth but because they play a very physical game which almost made them beat the Americans in the Olympics in Brazil 2 years ago (they are better now). This physical style has proven problamatic to team Canada since the team is build with mostly finesse type of players. In order to beat the Australians, Canada's top talent has to show up.

Comment

Love the enthusiasm but Murray, Barrett & Brooks aren't likely to play in 2019 due to probable pressure from their NBA teams.
                  I think teams may put pressure if it is a qualifying event but World events I think they will have more pressure to send their players .. Denver has Nikola Jokiæ and I am pretty sure he wants to play in this event .

Comment

I don't know if you will see Ben Simmons on the Australia ... His relationship with the national team isn't that close ..

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

I don't know if you will see Ben Simmons on the Australia ... His relationship with the national team isn't that close ..
                      But the important thing is, how's his relationship with the Jenner girl

Says Elle magazine:

Who is Ben Simmons? Meet Kendall Jenner's NBA-Player Boyfriend

Comment

I have nothing against the Scrubbs, but that's just an unlucky name to have on a basketball team. lol.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I have nothing against the Scrubbs, but that's just an unlucky name to have on a basketball team. lol.
                          You should see the Stiffs, the British front court duo

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

You should see the Stiffs, the British front court duo
                            Have seen 'em. One of them was a Raptor. Name this guy (without Googling):

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

But the important thing is, how's his relationship with the Jenner girl

Says Elle magazine:
                              Well team Canada has It's own TMZ distractions with Tristan Thompson who will use the summer time to play in China for team Canada just to escape the Kardashians.

Comment

• I think guard play is critical and shooting in FIBA ... Hey if Murray and Joseph can play we will have the strongest guard unit since Steve Nash .. We know Olnyk , Tristian and Powel for sure and so that is a good start . I hope Jay doesn't do like he always does and plays like it's house league and everyone gets a chance to play .. I do think you can't just go with a Canada's best 12 to 13 players . You have to go with the best team . The U.S got in trouble thinking they can
                                just send a bunch of all stars and throw the ball out and expect immediate success . Chemistry and knowing roles will be the key ..

Comment

Working...
                                X