Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post

I think with the worse case sernerio he is Wiggins ....

RJ's game is much more well rounded than Wiggins, and I agree with golden that RJ brings much better intangibles.

I said Turner as a worst case as they are both roughly 6'7" ish point/playmaking forwards that do most things well except shoot. If he learns to shoot he'll be a lot better than ET.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

that's a strange comp, i don't see any resemblance in their games.

he looks like evan turner to me, as a worst case.
      Young Thad Young

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• RJ has DeRozan potential
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          RJ has DeRozan potential
          Which is good I guess, right? Right?
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RJ has DeRozan potential
            Walmart Kobe.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

For his career it would great. DeRozan has issues with his playstyle but he made a lot of money for himself and became All-Star

Comment

I think RJ will be as good as he wants to be . If he dedicates his summers as a pro to always working on his game and puts in the time then he has the tools to be great . DeRozan wasn't at RJ level when he was playing for USC and so RJ is already ahead of DRoz in the development stage . It will also depend on the organization that chooses him . God help him if the Cavs draft him ..

It seems to me Wiggins was born with some specular athletic ability and he milked it to getting a max contract but his development has been marginal .

Comment

• Kelly Olynyk has now played 1,700 minutes and will receive a $1M bonus. Olynyk will also earn $400K if Miami participates in the playoffs.

Comment

• USA Basketball will gauge Zion’s interest in joining its 12-man World Cup team ... That tells me RJ will almost certainly be on Canada's ...

Comment

• I do think what happened to Duke should be noted .. You can't just send the 12 best NBA Canadian players ... You have to create a team ... Shooting and lock down defense is what will get you a win in the big games ..

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                        I do think what happened to Duke should be noted .. You can't just send the 12 best NBA Canadian players ... You have to create a team ... Shooting and lock down defense is what will get you a win in the big games ..
                        Indeed, Canada hasn't shown any signs of national team system (like Serbia, Spain or Lithuania) in their previous appearances, which is essential in my opinion if you want to win these blitz championships. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just loooking at the most recent results.
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• A whole page of people telling us what a 19 year old elite basketball player will turn out to be.

Please people start posting the lottery numbers for Friday so I can use your powers for good
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            A whole page of people telling us what a 19 year old elite basketball player will turn out to be.

Please people start posting the lottery numbers for Friday so I can use your powers for good
                            02 03 07 09 14 23 24 33 43

Comment

Indeed, Canada hasn't shown any signs of national team system (like Serbia, Spain or Lithuania) in their previous appearances, which is essential in my opinion if you want to win these blitz championships. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just loooking at the most recent results.
                              Rana has coached the junior teams to fantastic results in recent world tournaments, including a gold at the U17s with Barrett as his star player. I keep harping on him as coach because the results suggest he's got a great understanding of how to bring players together and get them to play cohesively in this style of tournament. Plus he's coached most of the younger guys who will likely make the roster in past tournaments, and that familiarity should help.

Comment

02 03 07 09 14 23 24 33 43
                                Can you imagine if you got that right but didn't buy a ticket?
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X