Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    SAG putting on a show right now vs GSW. he has had a good all around playoffs espically for a rookie. between him and Murray the have both shown they have that mental toughness to step up in the big moments thus far.
    Who are the Canadian ballers still playing in the NBA?

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Who are the Canadian ballers still playing in the NBA?
      Like, still alive in the playoffs? Off the top of my head:
      SGA
      Birch
      Murray
      Lyles
      Boucher

Naz Mitrou-Long is on Utah but I don't know if he's seen the court these playoffs.

Comment

• Is it just me or is it annoying to see Nik Stalkus on the air . He uses being a Canadian to get gigs cause if he was from Michigan nobody would be asking him to be on the airways but when being a Canadian means playing for Canada he says no .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
          Is it just me or is it annoying to see Nik Stalkus on the air . He uses being a Canadian to get gigs cause if he was from Michigan nobody would be asking him to be on the airways but when being a Canadian means playing for Canada he says no .
          Actually, my thought was "damn cabbie and nik should be the full time panel. Rod and Leo were old and nerdy when they were doing the job in 1998, let alone now"
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Jamual Murray in these playoffs is showing he is a world class PG ... In a world event Canada will never have to worry their is an extreme mismatch at the PG position . We couldn't have said that since Nash .

Comment

Jamual Murray in these playoffs is showing he is a world class PG ... In a world event Canada will never have to worry their is an extreme mismatch at the PG position . We couldn't have said that since Nash .
              He has been there for the national program in the past. All crediut to him. It would be great if he continues to support it.

Comment

Jamual Murray in these playoffs is showing he is a world class PG ... In a world event Canada will never have to worry their is an extreme mismatch at the PG position . We couldn't have said that since Nash .
                Murray vs. Simmons is going to be really interesting... Previously I would have said that's the only position where Australia had a real advantage. At the moment that advantage looks much smaller than it did even a few months ago. Simmons will bounce back from this series of course, but I've never been convinced that his game will adapt that well to the international game at a high level.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post

Murray vs. Simmons is going to be really interesting... Previously I would have said that's the only position where Australia had a real advantage. At the moment that advantage looks much smaller than it did even a few months ago. Simmons will bounce back from this series of course, but I've never been convinced that his game will adapt that well to the international game at a high level.
                  We both will agree that Simmons's lack of shooting might not work very well in FIBA basketball ..

Comment

• I suspect Patty Mills would get the starting spot for team Australia, and not Simmons. FIBA basketball is a different type of animal from the NBA (or the NCAA).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I suspect Patty Mills would get the starting spot for team Australia, and not Simmons. FIBA basketball is a different type of animal from the NBA (or the NCAA).
                      I would think that Australia would use Mills as a scoring guard to help spread the floor for Simmons. No way if he plays he does not start. I think you would go with Mills, Ingles, and Simmons as your perimter players, maybe even add in Deledova and shift Simmons to the 4 spot but with major ball handling responsibilities.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Great series from the NFB called "True North". Keep an eye on this Elijah Fisher guy. #1 ranked Prospect in the 2023 class. There's like 9 or 10 epis in the series, and would recommend watching the whole thing.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          Great series from the NFB called "True North". Keep an eye on this Elijah Fisher guy. #1 ranked Prospect in the 2023 class. There's like 9 or 10 epis in the series, and would recommend watching the whole thing.

They list him as a class of 2023 but say he is in grade 9. Do they automatically add a prep year to his timeframe? Unless my math is off, kids in grade 9 this year will graduate in 2022.

That being said, he would top the 2023 or 2022 rankings.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

They list him as a class of 2023 but say he is in grade 9. Do they automatically add a prep year to his timeframe? Unless my math is off, kids in grade 9 this year will graduate in 2022.

That being said, he would top the 2023 or 2022 rankings.
                            Pretty sure Emoni Bates is in the 2022 class, and I'd be ok with him being over Fisher .. Bates is going to be good. They talk about him quite a bit in that NFB Series actually.

Emoni Bates, high school class of 2022, could lead next generation of players bypassing college for NBA

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

I would think that Australia would use Mills as a scoring guard to help spread the floor for Simmons. No way if he plays he does not start. I think you would go with Mills, Ingles, and Simmons as your perimter players, maybe even add in Deledova and shift Simmons to the 4 spot but with major ball handling responsibilities.
                              Looks like Exum and Broekhoff are not playing this summer. That cuts into the depth of the Boomers.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• How awkward was it for RJ for sitting there and having all the questions being about Zion . I know they are friends and he is happy for him but this is his big day and he is a after thought ... Saying that he maybe smiling cause his reward for not being Zion is going to New York or LA .. Although could the Pelcians make a trade with the Knicks and make Zion and RJ teammates ??
                                Last edited by guyroch; Wed May 15, 2019, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X