No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada FIBA under 16 going on ... So far 2-0 with wins against the Brazil and Uruguay .. 101-63 and 90-67 ... This Raptor success and seeing Canada going nuts is going to benefit the Senior team ...

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
      Canada FIBA under 16 going on ... So far 2-0 with wins against the Brazil and Uruguay .. 101-63 and 90-67 ... This Raptor success and seeing Canada going nuts is going to benefit the Senior team ...
      Where ca we watch it?

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Where ca we watch it?
        Go to the FIBA Youtube site. All the games are being live streamed. Pretty good quality but the announcing is in either Spanish or Portuguese.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Great idea.. now is the optimal time to grow this sport in this country:

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Great idea.. now is the optimal time to grow this sport in this country:

Pascal Siakam....damn, the only non Canadian. Love this kid
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Pascal Siakam....damn, the only non Canadian. Love this kid
              Maybe it's good practice for him if he wants to look at growing the sport in Cameroon

Comment

• can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post

Maybe it's good practice for him if he wants to look at growing the sport in Cameroon
                Maybe he is getting ready to apply for Canadian citizenship, and growing the sport in Cameroon.

Comment

• Let's Go Canada !!! Let's carry this NBA Championships momentum to the World Champions !!!

Comment

• I've been a Leo hater for years, but what he said after the game was right. Paraphrasing but essentially he said with all the press this will give the youth of Canada to potentially play bball, it was great to see it come from a team that plays the right way. Play D, pass the ball, Don't show boat, never too high, never too low, just win.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                      I've been a Leo hater for years, but what he said after the game was right. Paraphrasing but essentially he said with all the press this will give the youth of Canada to potentially play bball, it was great to see it come from a team that plays the right way. Play D, pass the ball, Don't show boat, never too high, never too low, just win.
                      I know I am a Raptor fan but I would go even more nuts if Canada won a medal in a World Event .

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                        I've been a Leo hater for years, but what he said after the game was right. Paraphrasing but essentially he said with all the press this will give the youth of Canada to potentially play bball, it was great to see it come from a team that plays the right way. Play D, pass the ball, Don't show boat, never too high, never too low, just win.
                        I can highly recommend "The Carter Effect" on Netflix I think, for the discussion of the impact his being in Toronto had on a generation of Canadian ballers. He is the primary resaon we are seeing over a dozen Canadians playing in the NBA now and 24 playing in the NCAA tournament. The impact of Toronto Raptors winning the Gold Ball will be at least as strong. If the Raptors can repeat, even stronger. Hard to over emphasize this, I believe.

Comment

• Expect a surge in Canadian talent entering the NBA draft in 8-12 years. Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            Expect a surge in Canadian talent entering the NBA draft in 8-12 years. Lol
                            It's amazing Canada currently have 5 players in the NBA draft that could potentially be all drafted in the first round.

Wouldn't have been a possibility without the Raptors organization being around.

Comment

• I’m really excited for the World Cup in September, hopefully we can get our full squad out there!
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                                I’m really excited for the World Cup in September, hopefully we can get our full squad out there!
                                I don't expect a full squad but if at least get our top tier talent to show up like Murray and Barrett or Wiggins than we should be damn hard to beat.

Kelly Olynyk is our Fiba Scola.

Comment

Working...
                                X