Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post
    I’m really excited for the World Cup in September, hopefully we can get our full squad out there!
    Well it's a official . The Canadian team's coach will have " head coach of a NBA Champion " on his resume . With all the great things being said by everyone about how he coached means he will have the respect of everybody at the camp ..

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...h-team-canada/
    Last edited by guyroch; Mon Jun 17, 2019, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• He's back
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

He's back
        We don't even want him. (we do, but still)

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

We don't even want him. (we do, but still)
          I dont know if we do..I'd personally rather have Jamal Murray and possibly rj barrett as the go to guys
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I think we do. We're thin at SF, especially with Brooks probably being out. Hopefully with his experience since 2015, he's going into this with the perspective that he can be a useful cog in a winning team, rather than being the centerpiece. I think he'd welcome that opportunity, and I would expect that Barrett had that conversation with him.

Comment

• This is one of those things that when other guys see who is in the lineup, it helps them step forward as well. Feel bad for the guys who played through the years when support was less, and who have to give up their spots when guys who didn't show step forward, but I imagine it's similar in other sports.

On another note, just imagine you are a young player watching on TV or even being in Toronto for the Championship parade today. Man, that is a memory that will get locked into your brain forever. That has to solidify in some young brains that basketball is going to be their serious sport. Play some other stuff for fun maybe, but put the serious work in on your shooting and handles and defense. Especially with all the two way players on the Raptors who are heralded as much for their "D" as for their points. This bodes well for the future of the sport.

Pumped for the future as well as for today.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I dont know if we do..I'd personally rather have Jamal Murray and possibly rj barrett as the go to guys
                What's with the hate to Wiggins?! I'd love it if he plays for team Canada.

The Nick Nurse/Raptors effect is happening.

Comment

Of course we do. C'mon guys. We need all the real players we can get. And when properly motivated with proper coaching, I think he could be huge for us.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Of course we do. C'mon guys. We need all the real players we can get. And when properly motivated with proper coaching, I think he could be huge for us.
                    This is a chance for Nick to get to know all the Canadian players, and go through some tough times together. I could possibly have an impact on players entering free agency. Wonder if he even considered that.

Comment

A sit down with Wiggins maybe required . I say the more the better ...... But like Nick Nurse did in the playoffs you shorten the bench and you go with the guys who have it going that night but that doesn't mean if your not playing you are sulking . The positive for the players is everyone has a blank slate with Nurse and doesn't have any favorites or any past bad experiences with players

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

A sit down with Wiggins maybe required . I say the more the better ...... But like Nick Nurse did in the playoffs you shorten the bench and you go with the guys who have it going that night but that doesn't mean if your not playing you are sulking . The positive for the players is everyone has a blank slate with Nurse and doesn't have any favorites or any past bad experiences with players
                        NN is now a legit high level, highly respected NBA coach.

All NBA players now know how he coached in the playoffs, Wiggins will listen to him and be used appropriately book it.

I am so glad no more Jay Triano or Leo Rautins coaching.

If we got NBA talent on the roster, we definitely need a respectable NBA coach at the helm.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

NN is now a legit high level, highly respected NBA coach.

All NBA players now know how he coached in the playoffs, Wiggins will listen to him and be used appropriately book it.

I am so glad no more Jay Triano or Leo Rautins coaching.

If we got NBA talent on the roster, we definitely need a respectable NBA coach at the helm.
                          Can't wait for jazz to infiltrate the Team Canada program.

Comment

• We now have 18 active Canadian NBA players. What's the best roster we could field if everyone played?

G: Murray, Barrett, Wiggins, Alexander, Joseph, Brooks, Stauskas, Alexander-Walker, Mitrou-Long
                            FC: Thompson, Powell, Olynyk, Lyles, Birch, Boucher, Clarke, Jackson, Kabengele

That's how I'd rank them by position.

So dream rotation would be:

G: Murray, Barrett, Wiggins, Alexander, Joseph
                            FC: Thompson, Powell, Olynyk, Lyles, Birch

That's a team made entirely of accomplished and currently playing NBA players (Barrett is an obvious heavy minutes starter). A first for team Canada.

You'd have to run a 3 guard lineup most of the time but that seems to work well in International play.

​​​Murray and Barrett are the key to really competing. If either skip our chances drop quite a bit.

​
                            Last edited by Primer; Thu Jun 20, 2019, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• Canada sets a record with 6 draftees, the most for any non-US country in a single draft
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                We now have 18 active Canadian NBA players. What's the best roster we could field if everyone played?

G: Murray, Barrett, Wiggins, Alexander, Joseph, Brooks, Stauskas, Alexander-Walker, Mitrou-Long
                                FC: Thompson, Powell, Olynyk, Lyles, Birch, Boucher, Clarke, Jackson, Kabengele

That's how I'd rank them by position.

So dream rotation would be:

G: Murray, Barrett, Wiggins, Alexander, Joseph
                                FC: Thompson, Powell, Olynyk, Lyles, Birch

That's a team made entirely of accomplished and currently playing NBA players (Barrett is an obvious heavy minutes starter). A first for team Canada.

You'd have to run a 3 guard lineup most of the time but that seems to work well in International play.

​​​Murray and Barrett are the key to really competing. If either skip our chances drop quite a bit.

​
                                I have a feeling Clarke is gonna lap a lot of those bigs.

Seems like we are weak on the wing in terms of depth. Depending on how the six draftees pan out maybe we add one at each general area.

Guards: Murray, SGA, Cojo, NAW
                                Wings: Barrett, Wiggins, Brooks, Iggy/Shayok
                                Bigs: Olynyk, Powell, Thompson, Clarke

Comment

Working...
                                X