Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post
    Can somebody tell me what do we make of Boucher ? He can dominate GLeague and summer league … To me if we are going to pay Gasol 25 million .. I hope he can be a teacher to guys like Boucher
    Boucher is still really raw and lacks the strength, consistent jump shot and BBIQ to be a force in the next level. I think he can be used in certain matchups for short periods in the NBA this fall, but I don't see him getting many minutes.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Keep stuffing the shute with Canadian talent. All grist for the Raptors plans for NBA domination.
      Clarke, NAW and Boucher should all be invited to team Canada training camp. To be named the first and 2nd team of summer league is impressive feat, not to mention that probably close to half of team Australia & Lithuania (our biggest rivals in China) would not be able to make it on an NBA summer league squad.

Comment

• http://basketball.ca/en/news-article...XdJ3D7I0Hjw8ho

Well list sent everyone who is invited .. I don't see Andrew Wiggins ???

Comment

• Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
            http://basketball.ca/en/news-article...XdJ3D7I0Hjw8ho

Well list sent everyone who is invited .. I don't see Andrew Wiggins ???
            Yeah no Wiggins.

Comment

• Jamal will be there... someone said above that he may not because of a new contract.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                That's a fantastic turnout. Every established NBA player except Wiggins is there, plus seven(!) incoming rookies. Interesting to see Nembhard and Brissett there, I didn't know NCAA players could play at international tournaments?
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Also, only three of those 29 players are over 28 years old (Heslip, Rautins and Doornekamp), and twelve are 23 or younger. The future is bright, especially if we've got this level of buy-in from our top players
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

That's a fantastic turnout. Every established NBA player except Wiggins is there, plus seven(!) incoming rookies. Interesting to see Nembhard and Brissett there, I didn't know NCAA players could play at international tournaments?
                    The question is giving how many Canadian players have sacrificed their time to get to this point, I don't believe any of the rookies (except Barrett) will be given a spot.

Best, Ejim, Heslip and the Scrubb brothers will probably be given a roster spot just for all the sacrifices they endured in the last 3 years by showing up to most of the tournaments and helping Canada to reach to this goal and I think it's the right thing to do.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Damn, that's nice.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

The question is giving how many Canadian players have sacrificed their time to get to this point, I don't believe any of the rookies (except Barrett) will be given a spot.

Best, Ejim, Heslip and the Scrubb brothers will probably be given a roster spot just for all the sacrifices they endured in the last 3 years by showing up to most of the tournaments and helping Canada to reach to this goal and I think it's the right thing to do.
                        Why? They never won anything? They didn’t even get us anywhere. Commitment is nice but we’re trying to win.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Why? They never won anything? They didn’t even get us anywhere. Commitment is nice but we’re trying to win.
                          A few reasons:

1) Bench players aren't going to give you many minutes anyway and if those aforementioned players are on your bench they are still good enough to match up against team Australia and Lithuania bench.

2) This is all strategic: You have to reward players that did the heavy lifting to get to this position, its a simple as that.

Most FIBA tournaments Canada plays in to get to the World Cup or Olympics will be depended on high end non NBA guys to commit because they are being played during the year as opposed to the summer and pretty much all NBA teams and EuroLeague teams would not allow their players to attend during the season. You will always need the G league guys or players playing on less superior European clubs to carry the burden of showing up in November & February and fly around commercially for a week or two to South America just to make sure they don't lose out. Who wants to do that and not be promised to be on the finals team when they go for the big trophies?! Not gonna happen.
                          Last edited by Hotshot; Tue Jul 16, 2019, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Also the head coach is Nurse … He is going to go with the players who give him the best chance to win … He isn't going to be worried about rewarding players ...

Murray , Joseph .
                            Kelly Olynyk , Tristian and Powel …. Other then Murray .. These guys have played a lot together and that is important …
                            Last edited by guyroch; Tue Jul 16, 2019, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Murray has some heavy lifting to do.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

that's always been the case

Comment

Working...
                                X