Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post
    I heard on the radio that if you don't participate in this camp you won't be allowed to play in the Olympics .. That means Powel Tristian and Wiggins would not be allowed to play in the Olympics .
    RJ will be participating in the camp but not the tournament
    So much for the "Golden Era" of Canadian basketball.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The best thing Canada have going right now is Nick Nurse. But it doesnt matter how great a coach is, if he doesnt have the players to work with then its not going to matter.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Damn.

Comment

• Canada will now be without the following NBAers for next month's World Cup: Andrew Wiggins, Jamal Murray, Tristan Thompson, Dwight Powell, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Dillon Brooks, Trey Lyles, R.J. Barrett, Brandon Clarke, Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Mfiondu Kabengele, Nik Stauskas.

WTF .. That is a disgrace .. it's not a qualifying event .. Its one of 2 world events ..

Fuck Nik Stauskas who loves to be Canadian when TSN calls for the playoffs but says no now .. Seriously what is his excuse.. Cory Joseph is probably saying why am I always busting my ass and everyone else is saying no

The fact all those other Canadians flew half way across the world to play 2 games every 2 months and these guys saying no is disheartening to everyone who is a Canadian basket fan

Last edited by guyroch; Mon Aug 5, 2019, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Damn.
            What the actual fuck.

I always felt the sentiment that we’re a nation of feckless pussies was erroneous.

It appears, perhaps, that they were right all along.

Comment

• Starting lineup is probably:

Cojo, Heslip, Ejim, Olynyk, Birch

Is that enough to get by Australia and Lithuania...?! Couldn't tell you.

Let's see if Nurse can pull something creative.

Comment

• Embarrassing is what it is. These guys should be jumping at the opportunity to play on the world stage, and to earn a spot for Canada at the olympics. Shameful. Truly shameful.

Comment

• I give Murray a pass bec hes injured. Hes a gamer, he wouldve played if he was healthy. RJ i believe is injured as well.

The other guys? they can all go fuck themselves specially Wiggins, can Canada disown him now?
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Cory Joseph is the ONE Canadian that Canada should get behind with. He never misses any of these tournaments.

Stop talking about overhyped players like Wiggins. Clarke is another one, he's never played for Canada ever.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• 2 Raptors are showing up: Boucher and Brissett.

Got to try to impress the coach early on before preseason start, not a bad place to start.

Comment

• A lot of these players won't see any championships in the leagues they are playing in or the playoffs .. Wouldnt it benefit them to play in pressure cooked situations??

Comment

• Respect Cory Joseph, he’s a true captain for our country. Olynyk too, he’s always there as well.

This is incredibly disappointing though. It feels like we’re never going to have close to as fun and good of a squad that we could have
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Part of me wants to blame money—so much is at stake for the next contract. But damn, Wiggins just signed his and is locked up for a long time.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              Respect Cory Joseph, he’s a true captain for our country. Olynyk too, he’s always there as well.

This is incredibly disappointing though. It feels like we’re never going to have close to as fun and good of a squad that we could have
                              Tristan Thompson has always answered the bell, even after playing deep into the playoffs year after year. But this upcoming season is a contract year and it does seem like Klutch clients are all pulling out (Simmons, AD, TT, Harrell, Lyles, etc...). It does seem like a pattern - Klutch is all about the money and probably haven't figured out a way to monetize playing for your country.... yet.

Comment

• Why is this not a problem for the Europeans and other international players? Most of which are even better than these "canadians". The hockey players always play, even football players like Alphonso Davies played at the Gold Cup this year. They said coaching was the issue so they brought in Nick Nurse who is fresh off a championship run. I would understand guys who are injured (RJ, Murray) or fighting for their NBA lives (Anthony Bennett), but what about the others? This is Rick Fox/Jamal Magloire all over again. Such a disgrace!

Comment

Working...
                                X