No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another concern was seeing Raptors forward Chris Boucher not dressed for the game, and Canada adding European-based big man Owen Klassen to the roster at the last minute.

There were suggestions that Boucher may have a personal issue that has come up that could keep him from playing and Klassen’s late arrival would seem to lend so credence to that, although given the front-court size of Australia, Lithuania and Senegal – Canada’s opponents in pool play in China – Klassen’s addition may simply be to get more depth up front.

Klassen ??? I wonder why Joel Anthony didn't get a call … I know he is 36 but he recently played for Canada and knows most of the players
    Last edited by guyroch; Thu Aug 8, 2019, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Not a good look for Boucher...especially considering who the coach is..
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Not a good look for Boucher...especially considering who the coach is..
        What a loser.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It states its a personal issue... maybe its family.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
            It states its a personal issue... maybe its family.
            But then why would you be at the game still

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

But then why would you be at the game still
              Barrett and Murray were there as well....

I have no idea what Boucher's issue is (and the useless media won't tell us even though they absolutely know what it is) but I have more sympathy for a guy bailing on this tourney for personal reasons than I do when guys leave for days or even weeks during a season for personal reasons.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I have no idea what Boucher's issue is (and the useless media won't tell us even though they absolutely know what it is) but I have more sympathy for a guy bailing on this tourney for personal reasons than I do when guys leave for days or even weeks during a season for personal reasons.
                Let's not give too much props for Barrett and Murray being there … Barrett family lives in Mississauga and so he is in town … It's not like we will see these 2 guys if the game was in Vancouver or Winnipeg .. Sorry if I sound negative but saying it like it is …

Isn't every Canadian NBA player who isn't there not there for personal reasons ? Powel says he wants to get ready for the upcoming NBA season and I say really ? You are starting next season with the same organization and with the same coach … The U.S team has a bunch of NBA players … Why can all those players play and still be ready for the upcoming season … Heck Walker is starting with a new coach and new organization .

Comment

One of the Scrubs brothers just got married 2 days ago but still shows up for camp ...

Comment

• I wouldn't speculate at this point as to the reason why Boucher isn't playing.

It better be a good reason though, as he is playing in front of his coach who will determined his minutes next season.

It's a huge opportunity, it will be a shame to squandered it for a player turning 27 next season.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

One of the Scrubs brothers just got married 2 days ago but still shows up for camp ...
                      You can't keep the Scrubb Bros down.

Comment

Let's not give too much props for Barrett and Murray being there … Barrett family lives in Mississauga and so he is in town … It's not like we will see these 2 guys if the game was in Vancouver or Winnipeg .. Sorry if I sound negative but saying it like it is …

Isn't every Canadian NBA player who isn't there not there for personal reasons ? Powel says he wants to get ready for the upcoming NBA season and I say really ? You are starting next season with the same organization and with the same coach … The U.S team has a bunch of NBA players … Why can all those players play and still be ready for the upcoming season … Heck Walker is starting with a new coach and new organization .

TBF a lot of their superstars are not playing for Team USA.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          I wouldn't speculate at this point as to the reason why Boucher isn't playing.

It better be a good reason though, as he is playing in front of his coach who will determined his minutes next season.

It's a huge opportunity, it will be a shame to squandered it for a player turning 27 next season.
                          Personal reasons.

Comment

Guys like that don't have the luxury of passing up opportunities....

Comment

Guys like that don't have the luxury of passing up opportunities....
                              what luxury do you get from this opportunity ? They are doing it for free and in fact they don't have the luxury of a NBA contract if they get hurt.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post

TBF a lot of their superstars are not playing for Team USA.
                                But a lot of stars are still playing.. Its not like everyone said no and only NBA bench players and euro / GLeague players are playing ..

Every player on the U.S team have significant role with their NBA team .

Comment

Working...
                                X