Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

If the LAC could have chosen any player to send the other way in that deal, they would have chosen Gallo.

Guys are bailing on the US team too. The new FIBA window freaking sucks and this is the result. Such is life.
    I know a lot of guys saying no .. but they still have a lot of stars saying yes ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eucWFeQoi_E

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Thanks Hotshot …
      Gallo is only 30 years old and avg 20 ( 19.8 ) 6 rebounds and is on an expiring contract .. He was given to the Thunder cause the thunder had the Clippers by the balls cause they needed George to get Lenard …

I just pointed out Gallo situation cause it proves that organizations aren't holding a gun to these players heads to tell them not to play …

Guys I am just saying something smells .. Look at the 29 guys invited and really only
      Olynyk and Joseph are really left standing …
      Powel and Brooks were excited last summer and played and that was a qualifying event and now it's an actual world event they say no ? You would think after what the Raptors did and so much excitement about basketball in Canada that this would have be the first time we had all hands on deck .. Heck we got a NBA coach who won an NBA title to coach the team …

Ya I tend to agree. It's probably just timing and geography; close to the season and far from home. Considering so many players are bailing from a lot of countries, it could also be something else, but we will probably never know the true reason.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post

Ya I tend to agree. It's probably just timing and geography; close to the season and far from home. Considering so many players are bailing from a lot of countries, it could also be something else, but we will probably never know the true reason.
        I think the only time Canada had a dream team was in 1994 cause the World's Championships were in T.O .. Heck Rick Fox actually signed up to play ….

Comment

I think the only time Canada had a dream team was in 1994 cause the World's Championships were in T.O .. Heck Rick Fox actually signed up to play ….
          I was there, watched shaq block a shot into the 10th row. Was pretty cool for a young lad.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post

I was there, watched shaq block a shot into the 10th row. Was pretty cool for a young lad.
            I was there watching Canada vs Greece and the Greek crowd took over the joint .

Comment

• Doug Smith good interview .. Media often apologic and pro players but he is very disappointed.. He is close to the scene .. Hey if we really stink it up the worlds we won't even be invited to qualify for the Olympics .. We will officially have nothing to show for this golden era of Canadian basketball..

Comment

• Lowry officially withdrawals...

Comment

Lowry officially withdrawals...
                  But why oh why are only the Canadian players doing this??? Betcha he'll be at training camp in September...
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

He actually had surgery Remember and thought he would have recovered by now ..

But why oh why are only the Canadian players doing this??? Betcha he'll be at training camp in September...
                    He actually had surgery Remember and thought he would have recovered by now .. He has actually been at camp .. Some could say they might have not wanted to hold a spot cause he isn't healthy and he let him be the one leaving .
                    Last edited by guyroch; Mon Aug 12, 2019, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• I keep thinking what the heck happened in that tournament where we lost to Venesulza .. Since then Wiggins and Nik has given a finger to Canada .. What's up with Nik ?? He is out of the league and really he acts like he is a mega star when he says no ..

I love Barret but you could say he has failed as a recruiter ..
                      Last edited by guyroch; Mon Aug 12, 2019, 10:00 PM.

Comment

He actually had surgery Remember and thought he would have recovered by now .. He has actually been at camp .. Some could say they might have not wanted to hold a spot cause he isn't healthy and he let him be the one leaving .
                        Has Murray not been at camp? He's was certainly at camp for a part of it even after his injury. Probably didn't travel for the friendlies.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Has Murray not been at camp? He's was certainly at camp for a part of it even after his injury. Probably didn't travel for the friendlies.
                          The camp is in Toronto .. He lives close to Toronto … U.S camp is in Vegas and Lowry goes to U.S camp every year … It's not just Canada Dominican Republic doesn't have Al Harford or Townes say no …
                          Last edited by guyroch; Tue Aug 13, 2019, 07:53 AM.

Comment

OK so Lowry and Murray both had legit reasons. Doesn't change the fact 15 other Canadians backed out for lesser reasons
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

OK so Lowry and Murray both had legit reasons. Doesn't change the fact 15 other Canadians backed out for lesser reasons
                              And just as many guys from the US team.

If you are mad at anyone, be mad at FIBA. They ruined the scheduling, people said at the time that players would skip if the events were so close to training camp, and no one should be surprised that most guys are skipping. Guys have to be so injury-cautious with so little time before the season.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

And just as many guys from the US team.

If you are mad at anyone, be mad at FIBA. They ruined the scheduling, people said at the time that players would skip if the events were so close to training camp, and no one should be surprised that most guys are skipping. Guys have to be so injury-cautious with so little time before the season.
                                More guys skipped for Canada, definitely per capita

and 2nd, why do guys with multi years deal have to be so injury cautious? Wiggins is gonna get 150 million no matter if he tore an ACL or stubbed a toe. And really, you can tear an acl in the practice gym. Didnt john wall slip in the shower?
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X