• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We had a better team 20 years ago with Steve nash and Todd McCullough
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      It's their choice and you gotta respect it but when Canada underachieves it'll be on them. There's honestly noone else to blame. It's as simple as that. A lot of hype but no medals to show for it.
      So it seems that NBA players don't want to play for T.O ( that can be debated ) and it seems Canadian NBA players don't want to play for Canada .. Oh Canada eh … The solution seems that the Raptors should go Euro ( that can be debated ) and it seems Canada basketball also has to go Euro ( build around Canadian players who play in Europe )

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        We had a better team 20 years ago with Steve nash and Todd McCullough
        But this is the "Golden Era" of Canadian basketball. At least that's what Michael Grange and all these Canadian (homer)basketball reporters told me.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Bottomline - can't really blame Joseph for withdrawing. This is ALL on Wiggins, Stauskas, Powell, Lyles, the two rookies, the dude that got traded to OKC in the Paul George deal etc...these dudes have ZERO excuse. These dudes shouldn't be celebrated when they play here. I'd boo the heck out of them if i'm in the arena. They're not Canadians in my book.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            Bottomline - can't really blame Joseph for withdrawing. This is ALL on Wiggins, Stauskas, Powell, Lyles, the two rookies, the dude that got traded to OKC in the Paul George deal etc...these dudes have ZERO excuse. These dudes shouldn't be celebrated when they play here. I'd boo the heck out of them if i'm in the arena. They're not Canadians in my book.
            too early for that....

we will see... even if this tourney doesn't go as planned we still have next year as a qualifier... We just need to finish 7th... so if we can escape the group phase and move on to the next portion.. We will be fine.

I am not sure about wiggins but I expect Barrett, TT, and Lyles, and Powell to show up in the olympics. You cant blame Barrett either. We will also have murray. If wiggins shows up for the olympics GREAT. If he doesn't thats fine. I think we would have a strong line up regardless of him being there or not.

Olympics / final qualifier is the test of who is really here to show out.... I hope it doesn't come to the qualifier next year because that would be right after the playoffs.

The other thing that's great is the olympics doesn't tend to happen too late during summer so it is typically far enough away from the nba schedule to be a potential conflict.

I think nurses coaching is good enough that we can get through. If we do well here it will spur on more ppl.

I'm envisioning a line up like:

CO-JO/Murray as a potential PG but i'd rather Co-jo.

Murray

Barrett/Wiggins depending on how he is actually doing.

Lyles/Powell if he shows up.

Olynk/Tristan.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

But this is the "Golden Era" of Canadian basketball. At least that's what Michael Grange and all these Canadian (homer)basketball reporters told me.
              To be fair it is the golden era. We haven't had as many NBA rotation level talent as right now EVER. Yes Nash was MVP level good ... but lets be real... that was it.... You need a balanced roster to beat teams like lithuania.

Comment

• yeah if talent continues to grow we will have 2nd most NBAers after USA. This is a golden age that's why it's so disappointing.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Funny how many qualifying games has Joseph played to qualify for something and finally a world event hapoens and he stays home ..

Also whats with all this bullshit .. NBA sources he has withdrawn . You have a damm Twitter account .. Use it .. This whole thing has been secretive B.S . Heck your teammates it would be nice to know what the fuck is up ..

Let me get this straight .. Canada basketball hires great people in Barrett , Grundwald and Nick Nurse and these players have no problem pissing all over them ..

I am sorry but Joseph's disappearing act kind of disrespectful to Canada basketball .
                  Last edited by guyroch; Tue Aug 20, 2019, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• On the secrecy note... what the hell happened with Boucher?

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                      Funny how many qualifying games has Joseph played to qualify for something and finally a world event hapoens and he stays home ..

Also whats with all this bullshit .. NBA sources he has withdrawn . You have a damm Twitter account .. Use it .. This whole thing has been secretive B.S . Heck your teammates it would be nice to know what the fuck is up ..

Let me get this straight .. Canada basketball hires great people in Barrett , Grundwald and Nick Nurse and these players have no problem pissing all over them ..

I am sorry but Joseph's disappearing act kind of disrespectful to Canada basketball .
                      CoJo and TT’s agent is Rich Paul. Klutch doesn’t give AF about international competitions.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

CoJo and TT’s agent is Rich Paul. Klutch doesn’t give AF about international competitions.
                        Thanks that explains everything

Comment

• Well it took overtime but Canada beats New Zealand ..

Comment

• https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/reports-cory-joseph-expected-to-rejoin-canada-for-fiba-world-cup-134739526.html

Team Canada head coach Nick Nurse called previous reports saying point guard Cory Joseph will miss FIBA Worlds
                            is incorrect . He spoke to Cory yesterday and he said he will be here .
                            Last edited by guyroch; Wed Aug 21, 2019, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Thanks that explains everything
                              Yeah, if it doesn't put money directly into Rich Paul's pocket, or help Lebron in some way, then it's not worth doing, apparently. Lebron already got what he needed from his Olympic experience way back and he's moved on to bigger and better things. All the young players look up to him and he & Rich Paul have decided that the World Cup isn't something that the NBA cool kids do. Not prestigious enough. And FIBA/IOC corruption gives them the perfect excuse to refuse to support these events on a moral basis - and the owners back them up on it.

So for now these events are just for G-League, Euro, fringe NBA'ers and guys that want to raise their profile within NBA circles for whatever reason. And also the dying breed of patriots like Giannis, Gasol & JV. But....... I bet you'll see more NBA players show up for the Olympics next year after the heavy lifting has been done.

Comment

• Guys keep getting injured. Now its Nembhard
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X