No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Nurse says Cojo is playing...more egg on intrepid local reporter Doug Smith's face
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Nick Nurse says Cojo is playing...more egg on intrepid local reporter Doug Smith's face

He sources must be Jalen Rose # 90 percent sure Kawai is signing with the Raptors . : ) … What was funny was him not playing people were using Doug Smith as a source
      Last edited by guyroch; Wed Aug 21, 2019, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
        On the secrecy note... what the hell happened with Boucher?
        He was doing what was trending in Canada basketball and that is say he won't go for personal reasons ? IF he were Canadian playing in Golden State or any other nba team he would be a 12th man / GLeague player that is interchangeable part by any home fan but playing for Toronto he has become a fan favorite and a fan base rooting for his success and his thanks for that is saying no to playing Canada ..

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

He sources must be Jalen Rose # 90 percent sure Kawai is signing with the Raptors . : ) … What was funny was him not playing people were using Doug Smith as a source
          Seems like Cojo just wants to chill closer to home and will fly to China closer to the start of the tournament. Do NBA professionals like that really need all these exhibition games and a month together practicing? Maybe they'd get more participation if they just allowed the big guys to show up a week before the real games start...food for thought

Comment

Seems like Cojo just wants to chill closer to home and will fly to China closer to the start of the tournament. Do NBA professionals like that really need all these exhibition games and a month together practicing? Maybe they'd get more participation if they just allowed the big guys to show up a week before the real games start...food for thought
            I totally agree ..

I remember watching Olynyk play in 2013 for the 1st time and so he has been playing for Canada for 6 years and so he could have been allowed to skip 1st 3 weeks of camp and joined the team now .. Although I don't think all NBA professionals … I think the ones who are older and have suited up in the past for more then one time should only got this privilege .. Heck Tristian who plays a type of game of just getting boards and play tough defense is a guy who can show up a few days before tournament starts .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPZsziHDqgs

On another note .. Where did Brady Heslip go ? Anybody heard anything .
            Last edited by guyroch; Wed Aug 21, 2019, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Trying to find the status updates Nembhard and Heslip is almost impossible .. Heck if a Leaf player goes to the washroom we will 10,000 stories about it ..

Is this a Canada thing but why all the drama .. Why are we still talking about where is Joseph and where is Heslip going into the final weeks of camp ..
              Last edited by guyroch; Wed Aug 21, 2019, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Trying to find the status updates Nembhard and Heslip is almost impossible .. Heck if a Leaf player goes to the washroom we will 10,000 stories about it ..

Is this a Canada thing but why all the drama .. Why are we still talking about where is Joseph and where is Heslip going into the final weeks of camp ..
                I've been wondering the same thing... this article briefly alludes to his absence and sort of makes it sound like it's Heslip's choice. As far as I can tell he doesn't have a professional team to play for... played for the Frankfurt Skyliners last year but isn't listed on the current roster on Wikipedia. Perhaps he and his agent are looking for a contract somewhere before committing to the national team?

Adding to the overall uncertainty heading into the World Cup is the continued absence of Brady Heslip, who also hasn’t joined the team since the Canada leg of their preparations... and regardless of what Heslip ends up doing from here

Comment

• Even Brady Heslip is acting too cool for Canada...this may be a new low...adding Rowan Barrett and Nick Nurse did diddly

Comment

Even Brady Heslip is acting too cool for Canada...this may be a new low...adding Rowan Barrett and Nick Nurse did diddly
                    I wouldn't hold it against him if he were focusing on securing his livelihood instead of the World Cup... dude has put his time in with the national program. I am purely speculating though based on a brief search of the google.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

I wouldn't hold it against him if he were focusing on securing his livelihood instead of the World Cup... dude has put his time in with the national program. I am purely speculating though based on a brief search of the google.
                      I don't care..there's an excuse for every guy down the list. We have the 2nd most NBA players in the world and it isn't even close, and 1 of them is playing, and he's a benchwarmer. Sad.

Comment

I don't care..there's an excuse for every guy down the list. We have the 2nd most NBA players in the world and it isn't even close, and 1 of them is playing, and he's a benchwarmer. Sad.
                        That's not true at all man and you know it... we have two

Comment

• So Pop/Team USA named Marcus Smart their team Captain. That's pretty high praise because Smart is injured and not playing.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                            So Pop/Team USA named Marcus Smart their team Captain. That's pretty high praise because Smart is injured and not playing.
                            that sucks... was really pulling for the last cut to be a celtic

Comment

Sorry but honestly most of these guys saying no are on lottery teams and will be experiencing a lot of losing . As an organization I would say go to the Worlds and try to achieve something special and bring that to camp and build on it ..

Comment

Sorry but honestly most of these guys saying no are on lottery teams and will be experiencing a lot of losing . As an organization I would say go to the Worlds and try to achieve something special and bring that to camp and build on it ..
                                Exactly! RJ and Jamal are injured and want to get ready for the season. Kelly would've played too if the mop person at Rye High did his/her job properly. But the others? They're pretty much bench warmers, role players, washed up players, and even draft busts!

Comment

Working...
                                X