Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      When's first game?
      Sep 1 against Australia.

Here are all the games:

09/01: Australia (3:30am EST)
      09/03: Lithuania (7:30am EST)
      09/05: Senegal (3:30am EST)

Can't find the schedule for later rounds.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Sep 1 against Australia.

Here are all the games:

Damn, I guess I'm not watching these games live lol. Thankfully they will be on-demand on DAZN so I can just wake up and watch
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Sep 1 against Australia.

Here are all the games:

Game 1 could be critical.

If you are 0-1 going up next against Lithuania, that is a bad place to be.

Better play your best basketball in the first game and beat Australia.

How shitty is the schedule?! At least place Sengal in the 2nd game so the 3rd game would be the most potential & interesting.

FIBA really suck at everything.

Comment

• Australia looked tough - with NBA veterans - when I watched a bit of their first game vs the States. And they won the second game...

Comment

• I believe we can get out of the group of death. 3 point shooting percentage will be a reason why this comes to pass.

Comment

• Gonzz wrote: View Post
                I believe we can get out of the group of death. 3 point shooting percentage will be a reason why this comes to pass.
                This group I hope has a chip on their shoulder and hope they prove everyone wrong .. Big shout out goes to Joesph .. He could have done the trending thing to do and stay in T.O but he didnt

Comment

• Was thinking, this whole Team Canada thing has been so disappointing as far as participation from nba players, I really hope that this level of disappointment doesn’t come to pass with our Raps. Like, ever.

Some of my regular friends, heck even some here, who are understandably disappointed with Kawhi’s departure, are sort of writing next season off and tuning out. And I’m just not at all prepared to do that. I still have so much hope for good basketball, maybe not championship basketball sure, but great competitive basketball that we can be proud of and that can give us some hope of putting up a real fight along the way and surprising people.

Looking at Team Canada and the no-shows makes me feel like.... shit, we’ve had it really, REALLY good here in Raptorland for the last 5/6 years.. you almost start to take it for granted.

I hope nba players don’t avoid us on mass. I hope we don’t return to dark Raptor days. Because, with (truly) much respect for the Team Canada guys who showed up... (And Championship winning coach, Nick Fucking Nurse), overall: this is looking pretty dark, and all too familiar.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                    ...I really hope that this level of disappointment doesn’t come to pass with our Raps. Like, ever...
                    Don't see this happening in the next half a decade at the very least. Players will naturally gravitate to where they can get a big paycheque, get public recognition, have a great environment for daily and professional life, have a chance for success, and get treated well. Some players want sunshine and beaches but I really think that is secondary.

The Raptors have done an incredible job of creating almost all of the above. The team is currently built of tough luck, overlooked players. It is almost a team identity. These guys really seem to automatically gel with each other. The organization has demonstrated the willingness and ability to make the moves to place the chance for success on the table. They have also shown they are willing to spend when it makes sense.

I don't have a good sense of endorsement opportunities and how it compares financially with simple paycheques. But I think endorsement deals are only significant with 5% or less of the players. Out of 450 rostered players, in 2018 only 10 earned $12 million or more from endorsement deals according to this article in Forbes magazine. So for most players, it is all of the items I mentioned above that are more important. And in those categories, the Raptors have to rank near the top of the league.

Comment

• anyone watching?
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I’m watching, which surprises even me. Canada fouling every other possession isn’t making me happy with my decision

Comment

• Yeah, Australia is just more talented than us. Fuck this is depressing to watch considering what this team could have looked like

Comment

• Well, fantastic 3rd quarter but it all falls apart in the 4th. Two must-wins now

Comment

• The 108 point total was not a great number to see .. 92 points is usually a good total that will win a FIBA game ..

Comment

• man our team is small. we need to shoot about 50% from deep against lithuania because i don't see birch and wiltjer slowing down JV and sabonis too much. hopefully they can stay out of foul trouble

Comment

Working...
                                X