No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like if we get Murray and Barrett fully committed alongside the regular NBA stalwarts (Joseph, Olynynk, Thompson and now I guess Birch), that'll nudge at least a couple of our other high-end guys to commit next summer.

Really, I feel that it all comes down to Murray (our best player) and Barrett (high-end prospect + his dad literally runs the national team program). We need them to set the tone, and hopefully others will fall in behind them
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
      I feel like if we get Murray and Barrett fully committed alongside the regular NBA stalwarts (Joseph, Olynynk, Thompson and now I guess Birch), that'll nudge at least a couple of our other high-end guys to commit next summer.

Really, I feel that it all comes down to Murray (our best player) and Barrett (high-end prospect + his dad literally runs the national team program). We need them to set the tone, and hopefully others will fall in behind them
      No way Rowan Barrett keeps his job if RJ doesn't play next year in the qualifiers (if they make even). What a shit show...

Comment

• Barrett has the passion for playing for his country . He has been around it all through his childhood .. His godfather is Steve Nash ..

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

No.. we win the next two and we make the Olympic Qualifying Tournament.. which we compete against 6 or 7 other teams.. winner of that tournament goes to the Olympics. The qualifying tourney is next summer - just before the Summer Games. Hopefully after the NBA playoffs so we can get some guys like Murray on that squad.
          And to be clear, even if we lose the next two we probably make the qualifying tourney anyway as a wild card selection. Still, winning better than losing.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• https://nationalpost.com/sports/bask...9-99c6fed4b6ab

Read this article .. These 2 players had every reason to say no cause circumstances made it difficult for them to say yes but they both ran when Canada called .. Heck one Canadian player played and missed the birth of one of his kids ..

To me there seems to be a snobbery aspect to NBA guys not playing for Canada … It's like " I am big time now and I don't do that national team stuff "

Nk Sauskas… I know I am repeating myself but he is the most " WTF " … You don't think playing for Canada under a NBA coach would benefit him getting back into the league ? Seriously TSN stop giving this guy a gig … If he wasn't Canadian no network would be calling him to ask him to be on air .

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

And to be clear, even if we lose the next two we probably make the qualifying tourney anyway as a wild card selection. Still, winning better than losing.
              Most likely they beat Jordan and probably lose to Germany.

Will that be enough?

Comment

• At least coaching is no longer an issue......

“The level of coaching is amazing,” Klassen said. “These guys are the top coaches in various leagues and Nick Nurse, obviously you could say he’s the best coach in the world right now if you want to, but you learn a lot from them and the competition is obviously at a really high level and that gets you better prepared than anything.”
                https://nationalpost.com/sports/bask...9-99c6fed4b6ab

“As you can see I’m doing things I have never done in the NBA that I’m getting to do right now,” Birch said referring to handling the ball and stepping outside to shoot. “That’s what a lot of guys don’t understand. Coach Nurse gives you the confidence and freedom to do whatever you want. Basically everything you want in the system you have here so I’m lucky.”
                https://clutchpoints.com/magic-news-...national-team/

Comment

• How does Dominican Republic beat Germany ? Germany losses by 4 to France .. Dominican Republic losses by 33 to France … Germany beats Jordon by 32 points and Dominican Republic beats Jordon by 4 points … In the ideal world Canada would be playing Dominican Republic and not Germany but Canada always has situations like this happening to them .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                    How does Dominican Republic beat Germany ? Germany losses by 4 to France .. Dominican Republic losses by 33 to France … Germany beats Jordon by 32 points and Dominican Republic beats Jordon by 4 points … In the ideal world Canada would be playing Dominican Republic and not Germany but Canada always has situations like this happening to them .
                    Horrible luck and why the fuk they place Canada with like the best of the loser team?! going from the group of death to this ain't fun.

I don't see how Canada beat Germany frankly they got much more talent and they had 1 bad hiccup against the Dominicans which would have been a more ideal matchup.

I am hoping for an upset here too but Canada hasn't surprised anyone yet.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Horrible luck and why the fuk they place Canada with like the best of the loser team?! going from the group of death to this ain't fun.

I don't see how Canada beat Germany frankly they got much more talent and they had 1 bad hiccup against the Dominicans which would have been a more ideal matchup.

I am hoping for an upset here too but Canada hasn't surprised anyone yet.

The positive is Canada is will be going into that match on a 2 game winning streak .. It seems both Germany and Canada will be hungry cause they are two countries that deserve to be in the Olympics ..

Comment

• Canada just steamrolled Jordan, setting a FIBA Championship record with 24 three pointers made.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                          Canada just steamrolled Jordan, setting a FIBA Championship record with 24 three pointers made.
                          Wow ... This team has some mini momentum going into its final game.. I hope they just dont depend on the 3 in their next game .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Wow ... This team has some mini momentum going into its final game.. I hope they just dont depend on the 3 in their next game .
                            Even if they lose to Germany, as long as they don't get destroyed and keep the game fairly close they are a shoe-in to grab the 22nd or 23rd spot. Their +38 is way above any of the 2nd place teams thanks to the huge points margin vs Jordan.

Comment

• Funny thing I heard on Lowe podcast.. Bill Simmons saying he would have loved Murray on the U.S squad and Lowe had to tell him he is Canadian ..

Comment

• After a summer of NBA players saying no to Canada .. We got to end the summer how it began with another 1st championship . The NBA players could learn something from Bianca

Comment

Working...
                                X