Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think guys will come out for Nurse.

He made a point of saying to the media that he likes the guys that showed up, suggesting there were maybe only 5 or 6 spots available for the NBA players who didn't show this time around. I think he has got a great opportunity to scout internationally for the Raptors as well. Canadian players currently playing overseas as well as international players. I think he has a mind that works like that. Maybe coaching a medal-winning team at the Olympics is on his bucket list.

It sounds as if he will be actively recruiting NBA players for next summer. He will certainly have the opportunity to do that.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      I think guys will come out for Nurse.

He made a point of saying to the media that he likes the guys that showed up, suggesting there were maybe only 5 or 6 spots available for the NBA players who didn't show this time around. I think he has got a great opportunity to scout internationally for the Raptors as well. Canadian players currently playing overseas as well as international players. I think he has a mind that works like that. Maybe coaching a medal-winning team at the Olympics is on his bucket list.

It sounds as if he will be actively recruiting NBA players for next summer. He will certainly have the opportunity to do that.
      I wanna hear rumors of wine and steak dinner with Murray and Thompson and alexander when they're in town visiting the raptors. Maybe nurse can break out the guitar and take requests..
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
        I think guys will come out for Nurse.

We're counting on an American to do our recruiting for us. smh. How pathetic is that?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

We're counting on an American to do our recruiting for us. smh. How pathetic is that?
          He's almost more Canadian currently than Steve Nash, who lives in LA and goes to MLS games and works with the Warriors and does corporate events shaking hands and kissing babies and is basically an American
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I wanna hear rumors of wine and steak dinner with Murray and Thompson and alexander when they're in town visiting the raptors. Maybe nurse can break out the guitar and take requests..
            The NBA will fine Nurse for that.

Comment

• I’m surprised Doug Smith hasn’t suggested firing Nick Nurse already. He’s been giving more than enough time.

Comment

• Hey it's not just Canada .. This qualifying tournament will have some strong teams in them . I am pretty sure every bracket will be hard.

Comment

• It seems as the years go .. Spain and Argentina are again in the semi''s .. Gasol went too Spain's camp less then a week after his season ended and Scola is still playing for his national team .. Canada legacy is Steve Nash who quit playing for Canada and Magloie who quit before he started ..

Comment

• Basketball Canada has lacked real leadership forever. There's no Masai there, no Colangelo. Jerry Colangelo overhauled USAB by kicking it off with basically a GOAT meeting of all USAB vets and picked their brains. MJ, Magic, everybody was there. Guy walked in with swagger and had the cache to get shit done. There's no personality or resume like this involved in Canada Basketball. That's probably what it'll take to really get buy in from the majority of our NBA guys, but maybe Barrett can still help move things in the right direction.

Doug Smith = smug drivel. Don't waste your time.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Basketball Canada has lacked real leadership forever. There's no Masai there, no Colangelo. Jerry Colangelo overhauled USAB by kicking it off with basically a GOAT meeting of all USAB vets and picked their brains. MJ, Magic, everybody was there. Guy walked in with swagger and had the cache to get shit done. There's no personality or resume like this involved in Canada Basketball. That's probably what it'll take to really get buy in from the majority of our NBA guys, but maybe Barrett can still help move things in the right direction.

Do you think in today's NBA where the players run the asylum that anybody has that clout ..

In defense of the players which I find hard .... on this side the ocean the media cares less about this tournament.. Argentina beat Serbia and crickets news about it .. Heck with all these sports channels and no games on the tube .. We want our players to care and feel passionate but we care more about a LA Raider who got cut .

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Basketball Canada has lacked real leadership forever. There's no Masai there, no Colangelo. Jerry Colangelo overhauled USAB by kicking it off with basically a GOAT meeting of all USAB vets and picked their brains. MJ, Magic, everybody was there. Guy walked in with swagger and had the cache to get shit done. There's no personality or resume like this involved in Canada Basketball. That's probably what it'll take to really get buy in from the majority of our NBA guys, but maybe Barrett can still help move things in the right direction.

We got Glen Grunwald, it's still better than anything we had before.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

We got Glen Grunwald, it's still better than anything we had before.
                          Yeah, it's pretty sad. But until Masai gets citizenship (why hasn't this happened already?) - it's hard to think of any Canadian with better NBA executive-level stred cred than Grunwald, i.e., somebody who has experience building relationships with NBA players, agents and teams. Still, GG is not much of an influencer. Nash was supposed to be that guy, but he doesn't appear to be wired for that role. Drake is probably the best we got.

BTW - Grunwald is back in the league as an advisor to the Grizzlies and Dillon Brooks and Brandon Clarke were no-shows, fwiw.

Comment

• We can talk about Canada and NBA players but the U.S with a roster of NBA players have just been knocked out of the tournament … Heck they have Pops and Steve Kerr on the coaching staff ..

Comment

• lol actually get a kick out of the USA Celtics losing this year. Can we finally stop hyping those guys all over ESPN? Ditto for Kris Middleton, a glorified catch and shoot guy?

This is why the Sixers will win the East but honestly the whole conference probably peaked last year.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Screw the Celtics, but I actually do think they will return to form this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X