Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    I’m surprised Doug Smith hasn’t suggested firing Nick Nurse already. He’s been giving more than enough time.
    He is preparing to write about U.S needing
    to fire Pops lol

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Screw the Celtics, but I actually do think they will return to form this season.
      Yes absolutely, they'll return to the form of a middling EC playoff team. They're behind the Bucks and Sixers and only if things go well on par with the Raps and Pacers (with Oladipo).
      ​​​
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        lol actually get a kick out of the USA Celtics losing this year. Can we finally stop hyping those guys all over ESPN? Ditto for Kris Middleton, a glorified catch and shoot guy?

This is why the Sixers will win the East but honestly the whole conference probably peaked last year.
        My daughter texted me this morning. "They lost by ten points. Pretty shocking...but not shocking to Raptors fans that a team full of Celtics and Bucks couldn't pull it off when it counts." Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

My daughter texted me this morning. "They lost by ten points. Pretty shocking...but not shocking to Raptors fans that a team full of Celtics and Bucks couldn't pull it off when it counts." Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!
          This team had max players and future max players and excuse for losing is a lot of players said no .. This roster had a team good enough to dominate and they lost .

Comment

• Team U.S losses again to Serbia .. They still can't go home cause they have to play for 7th or 8th now … The players are probably saying WTF lets go home who cares about 7th or 8th .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
              Team U.S losses again to Serbia .. They still can't go home cause they have to play for 7th or 8th now … The players are probably saying WTF lets go home who cares about 7th or 8th .
              Brutal.

Comment

• I love it.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Team U.S losses again to Serbia .. They still can't go home cause they have to play for 7th or 8th now … The players are probably saying WTF lets go home who cares about 7th or 8th .
                  Windhorst has a great column on it says Serbia didn’t even celebrate after as they expected to win. Love it.

Comment

• Did we learn that just having a team of NBA players doesn't guarantee you a medal ? There are other ingredients required .

I would be curious did any American on this team even play a FIBA game before ? The Americans under 19 team is usually non future NBA stars
                    Last edited by guyroch; Thu Sep 12, 2019, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• Well our Australian fellow group member were knocked off today by Span 97-88 … Gasol turned back father time and scored 33 points ..

Comment

Did we learn that just having a team of NBA players doesn't guarantee you a medal ? There are other ingredients required .

I would be curious did any American on this team even play a FIBA game before ? The Americans under 19 team is usually non future NBA stars
                        It seems like coaching for the Americans has been pretty poor for some time now... it doesn't help that Pop has to balance a bunch of egos and guys who probably aren't wholly invested but you would still expect good rotations and a semblance of defensive cohesion, neither of which you get. The Americans seem to have become complacent.

I think if Nurse gets the right guys to buy into the program he can be one of the top coaches on the international stage. IMO he's already shown he's a top coach in the NBA. His ability to handle egos and inspire his team is just as valuable as his strategic mind is, especially when it comes to NBA players.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

It seems like coaching for the Americans has been pretty poor for some time now... it doesn't help that Pop has to balance a bunch of egos and guys who probably aren't wholly invested but you would still expect good rotations and a semblance of defensive cohesion, neither of which you get. The Americans seem to have become complacent.

I think if Nurse gets the right guys to buy into the program he can be one of the top coaches on the international stage. IMO he's already shown he's a top coach in the NBA. His ability to handle egos and inspire his team is just as valuable as his strategic mind is, especially when it comes to NBA players.

I see Ginobili at the World Cup cheering his team on ... It would be nice if Nash was there but I guess that is asking too much .. Those are the little things that can help the big picture /

Comment

• Hang up the banners !!! Canada moves up 2 spots to 21 ..

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/can...143323208.html

http://basketball.ca/en/news-article/slug-pnoizy

Comment

If we can't beat Brazil, Dominican, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Uruguay and Venezuela, then we definitely don't deserve to go the Olympics. I fully expect we'll get the big guns for this Qualifier.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

If we can't beat Brazil, Dominican, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Uruguay and Venezuela, then we definitely don't deserve to go the Olympics. I fully expect we'll get the big guns for this Qualifier.

I feel like I read or inferred from one of guyroch's links that we won't be playing exclusively the Americas, but that any teams from around the world not already qualified will be divided into 4 groups and play each other. So we could be up against European, Asian and African teams as well. If that's the case... we have to hope we avoid who? ... Greece, Lithuania, Serbia maybe...

I could be wrong though.

Comment

Working...
                                X