Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powell has already committed.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/powell-joins-brooks-wanting-represent-canada-olympic-qualifier/

"I’m excited to finally do what I’ve been thinking about for a long while. Having games in your home country is huge," said Powell, who is from Toronto. "At the end, we all want to compete in the Olympics. It’s an opportunity to compete at the highest level and to help your country compete and have success."

Comment

• Man, I hope this just starts a trend.

Our young guys are good! If we can get them playing together now, the team will be great for years to come.

We got Jamal, CoJo is pretty much a shoe in. Olynyk is probably in.

If we could get Shai, Wiggings, Barret, Brooks, Boucher, etc. it would be amazing. Put Nurse in at coach and who knows what happens.

It hurts my soul as a pure and old Canadian Basketball fan, that this is the story line. We would be a medal contender if everyone showed up, but for some reason that the hardest part. Getting Canadian players to play for Canada.

Man on man I hope Jamal just started a trend.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Okay Jamal, now that you've done this work on convincing everyone else to do the same lol
        Canada basketball players got roasted so hard this summer the players could hear it from their mansions in the states.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
          Man, I hope this just starts a trend.

Our young guys are good! If we can get them playing together now, the team will be great for years to come.

We got Jamal, CoJo is pretty much a shoe in. Olynyk is probably in.

If we could get Shai, Wiggings, Barret, Brooks, Boucher, etc. it would be amazing. Put Nurse in at coach and who knows what happens.

It hurts my soul as a pure and old Canadian Basketball fan, that this is the story line. We would be a medal contender if everyone showed up, but for some reason that the hardest part. Getting Canadian players to play for Canada.

Man on man I hope Jamal just started a trend.
          I don't want Wiggins. I do want Tristan Thompson. Wiggins takes minutes from better player like Murray, SGA, and Barrett

Comment

• Murray/SGA/Barrett/Olynyk/Thompson starting lineup with Joseph, Brooks, Boucher and Powell as other options? That's a solid base. Wiggins is still the biggest question mark, if he doesn't come out this summer then he never will again.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Murray/SGA/Barrett/Olynyk/Thompson starting lineup with Joseph, Brooks, Boucher and Powell as other options? That's a solid base. Wiggins is still the biggest question mark, if he doesn't come out this summer then he never will again.
              Fuck wiggins. It's like that Marilyn Monroe quote. If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best.
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Murray/SGA/Barrett/Olynyk/Thompson starting lineup with Joseph, Brooks, Boucher and Powell as other options? That's a solid base. Wiggins is still the biggest question mark, if he doesn't come out this summer then he never will again.
                That's not just a solid base, that's literally the entire roster we need, a medal contender

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Fuck wiggins. It's like that Marilyn Monroe quote. If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best.
                  Like I said, I'm not even sure he makes us better by being on the floor at crunch time. If he wants to accept a bench scorer role than yeah, but I think he would come in like Mr. Captain Canada or something

Comment

• Tristan needs to play... if we get Greece in our pool we need guys that can defend Giannis in the paint.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Like I said, I'm not even sure he makes us better by being on the floor at crunch time. If he wants to accept a bench scorer role than yeah, but I think he would come in like Mr. Captain Canada or something
                      I'm with the majority on Wiggins, but he's actually having a really good season so far.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I'm with the majority on Wiggins, but he's actually having a really good season so far.
                        It seems this Wolves coach has gotten something out of Wiggins that no previous coach has gotten .. He is playing a great season on both sides of the ball.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Tristan needs to play... if we get Greece in our pool we need guys that can defend Giannis in the paint.
                          You are right .. We need some bigs that play big .. The FIBA game is so different to the NBA especially at the center position.
                          The Greek was somewhat neutralized and could wait to play NBA basketball again

Comment

• Hearing these players commit to playing next summer is music to my ears. Of course, having the tournament in Canada should help tremendously. Something about playing in front of friends and family.

Comment

• IShai Gilgeous- Alexander

I have known and made a promise to myself that representing my country is something I will continue to do and as my bro @BeMore27 publicly announced his commitment, I too will be there to do my best to help @CanBball get to Tokyo!
                              Last edited by guyroch; Tue Nov 26, 2019, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Between him and murry thats the best backcourt we can get! Feel like this is going to open the floodgates
                                Last edited by bertarapsfan; Tue Nov 26, 2019, 10:51 PM.
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X