Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post
    Hearing these players commit to playing next summer is music to my ears. Of course, having the tournament in Canada should help tremendously. Something about playing in front of friends and family.
    We have never had potentially so many talented young players many of them with international experience (U-18 etc). Add a core of saavy veterans playing on home court and I like our chances.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Tristan needs to play... if we get Greece in our pool we need guys that can defend Giannis in the paint.
      So what you're saying is we

NeedTristanThompson
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I guess there was a decision amongst the players to plant the flag now. Barrett should be a lock given that his dad literally runs the program, so aside from him that just leaves Joseph, Thompson, Olynyk, Clarke and Wiggins as the major players who haven't officially thrown their hats in the ring...and a couple of them are surely locks as well
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Loving this. And with Nick at the helm. I've got my eyes on some more gold. Let's add to that Larry O'B.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
            Murray/SGA/Barrett/Olynyk/Thompson starting lineup with Joseph, Brooks, Boucher and Powell as other options? That's a solid base. Wiggins is still the biggest question mark, if he doesn't come out this summer then he never will again.
            If everyone's available I guess it would look like this:

Murray/CoJo
            SGA/Brooks/NAW
            Wiggins/Barrett
            Olynyk/Boucher/Clarke
            Thompson/Powell/Birch

Lyles and Iggy B are other NBAers we could use.

Very strong at guard/wing, a little less so up front just because of the lack of star power. But still an incredible team compared to years past.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

If everyone's available I guess it would look like this:

Murray/CoJo
              SGA/Brooks/NAW
              Wiggins/Barrett
              Olynyk/Boucher/Clarke
              Thompson/Powell/Birch

Lyles and Iggy B are other NBAers we could use.

Very strong at guard/wing, a little less so up front just because of the lack of star power. But still an incredible team compared to years past.
              Andrew Nembhard should get a invite cause of his loyality to the program but since this is his draft year he might not play .. Also Kyle WILTJER to that list .. Cause of his loyality and his FIBA experience ..

Comment

• Hard not to get excited. To see this many players publicly committing is encouraging. And, yes, I believe when others who haven't spoken see the public commitments, the rest will follow.

Comment

• They had the live draw this morning.. can watch it again here:
                  https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1ZkKzAVeypLxv

We're in Group A in the Canada Tourney along with Greece and China.
                  Group B in the Canada Tourney will have Uruguay, Czech Republic and Turkey.

Have to get through Giannis and Kanter to get to the Olympics.

Comment

• Comment

They had the live draw this morning.. can watch it again here:
                      https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1ZkKzAVeypLxv

We're in Group A in the Canada Tourney along with Greece and China.
                      Group B in the Canada Tourney will have Uruguay, Czech Republic and Turkey.

Have to get through Giannis and Kanter to get to the Olympics.
                      Kanter wants nothing to do with Turkey since Erduwan wants him in jail.

Comment

That's a pretty good draw for Canada. Giannis is easier (relatively) to stop in FIBA than the NBA, because you can be more physical. Only problem is that Canada doesn't have too many gritty, physical defenders, with quick feet.

I think we really do NeedTristanThompson

Comment

• According to a Grange tweet.. the top two teams in Group A face the top two teams in Group B in the semi's. Only one winner gets to the Olympics.

So we can lose to Greece in the preliminary round, and still advance. And the good thing is we don't have to face them in the semi's only the potential finals.

Comment

According to a Grange tweet.. the top two teams in Group A face the top two teams in Group B in the semi's. Only one winner gets to the Olympics.

So we can lose to Greece in the preliminary round, and still advance. And the good thing is we don't have to face them in the semi's only the potential finals.
                            For those NBA teams who these players belong too . To play in a tournament under a NBA coach where it's a winner take all .. What better way would you want your player to spend part of his summer … For the players … Victoria BC is quite the summer destination to have a tournament and training camp . I wonder if any exhibition games will be scheduled in Toronto ??

Comment

• It was never going to be easy...Greece, Czech Republic and Turkey are all contenders. China should be a win but can’t overlook anybody in such a short tournament
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                                It was never going to be easy...Greece, Czech Republic and Turkey are all contenders. China should be a win but can’t overlook anybody in such a short tournament
                                IF the top Canadian players play, then those teams should be a cakewalk.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X