• keonclark wrote: View Post
    powell is a huge loss and he's the only big who bad committed afaik

needtristanthompson

needkellyolynyk
    havechrisboucher

havekhembirch

stopyellingalready

Comment

• Powell would have done well in a Nurse offense. Play the Ibaka role for team Canada but is more agile. Sucks to lose him.

Outside of Giannis we don't really need a large front court to win this tourney.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

havechrisboucher

havekhembirch

stopyellingalready
        Boucher does seem like the sort of big who would kill it in international competition.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Do you think anyone would noticed if we put Norm Powell in Dwight Powell's place?
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Boucher does seem like the sort of big who would kill it in international competition.
            Might be the opposite actually. FIBA is kind of like Aussie rules basketball, where old, sloth-like, ultra physical, crafty AF bigs thrive.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
              Any word on tickets? Can't seem to find any info anywhere
              https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/t...week-1.4787123

Tickets for the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament hosted in Victoria's Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre will start to go on sale this Friday.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/t...week-1.4787123

Tickets for the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament hosted in Victoria's Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre will start to go on sale this Friday.
                Ya i signed up for the early email to get tickets. Looks like their only going to be selling the entire 9 game pack and don't know if i need to see every game. Might just wait. Try and get courtside for the Canada-Greece game and buy single tickets for the rest of canadas games

Comment

• Lug Dort has been playing good for the thunder. He has been starting to get playing time the last 7 games. OKC is 6-1 since

Comment

Lug Dort has been playing good for the thunder. He has been starting to get playing time the last 7 games. OKC is 6-1 since
                    Chris Paul is in a better situation then the Rockets .. Who would have said that after the trade . Great for the Thunder fans … There was a time I knew every Canadian playing in the NBA and the
                    Lug Dort is thrown my way … The depth of Canada basketball is downright amazing .
                    z Dort
                    Last edited by guyroch; Thu Jan 30, 2020, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Do you think anyone would noticed if we put Norm Powell in Dwight Powell's place?
                      You kid, but actually made me consider something. Couldnt a raptor that has been with the team x amount of years apply for dual citizenship and play for Canada? I know I've seen it in hockey.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

You kid, but actually made me consider something. Couldnt a raptor that has been with the team x amount of years apply for dual citizenship and play for Canada? I know I've seen it in hockey.
                        Probably easier said than done.. I remember Matt Bonner trying to become a dual citizen but it took him a long time, and I'm not even sure if he ever got it.

But yeah it would be cool to see Siakam, Fred and Norm all part of team Canada. Maybe we can convert Kyle as well?

Comment

Just wait till FVV Jr. grows up that, kids gonna be money

Comment

• Kyle can not play for Team Canada as he already played for Team USA, the others I think theoretically still can if duel citizenship is achieved as they have not played international basketball yet

Comment

Just wait till FVV Jr. grows up that, kids gonna be money
                              Karter Lowry and fred jr canadas Olympic backcourt in 2040
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Matt Bonner wanted to play for Team Canada..... It took him years and it never did happen … I remember Chriss Kaman woke up
                                one morning and wanted to play for Germany and in a blink of a eye he was shooting hoops with Dirk .

More than two years into his quest for Canadian citizenship, Matt Bonner remains grounded by red tape.

So the former Toronto Raptors forward will have to watch with fingers crossed as Canada's men's basketball team bids this week for a berth in the 2012 London Olympics. And then he can only hope he receives his passport in time to suit up next summer if the Canadians do qualify.

"I'm just kind of waiting and hoping," Bonner said in a phone interview. "It's just one of those things. It's hard to talk about because it's kind of a bummer for me. I just wish it would go through so I could represent the country."

The 31-year-old, now with the San Antonio Spurs, owns a home in Toronto. His wife Nadia, whom he met while playing for the Raptors, and daughter Evangeline-Vesper — they call her "E.V." — are Canadian. He also has a grandfather from Newfoundland.

Comment

Working...
                                X