No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the game pack tickets sold out after 5 minutes, single game tickets to go on sale at a later date

Comment

• Steamer3 wrote: View Post
      All the game pack tickets sold out after 5 minutes, single game tickets to go on sale at a later date
      I take that back - still a few lower bowl tickets that'll set you back $1470

Comment

• Steamer3 wrote: View Post
        All the game pack tickets sold out after 5 minutes, single game tickets to go on sale at a later date
        Way to go Victoria !!! Great job buying tickets

Comment

• What do people have as their dream lineups going into qualification at this point (assuming all healthy people play)?

PG Locks: Jamal Murray, Cory Joseph
          SG Locks: SGA
          SF Locks: Wiggins, Dillon Brooks, RJ Barrett
          PF Locks: None..
          C Locks: Olynyk, Thompson

That leaves 4 spots. Looks like one more spot for a traditional big so I'd go Boucher since he brings a dimension neither Olynyk or Thompson have but Khem Birch and Nicholson should be considered. From there there's room for a stretch 4, I like Trey Lyles or Brandon Clarke but not both..but I think Brandon Clarke because the rest of the team needs D, not more offense (special consideration to Wiltjer but he'd get killed on D). From there looks like maybe a couple of wings and maybe a ballhandler are possible and I think I'd go Lugentz Dort (killer defender which again this team is lacking) and Nickeil Alexander Walker. NAW is the highest ceiling but he's playing horrible. I have Melvin Ejim in his spot though if things don't shape up. (I also like Kevin Pangos a lot but he's injured and there's too many playmakers already; I think the team could use another 3 and D guy who could play 4)

So in the end:

PG: Jamal Murray, Cory Joseph
          SG: SGA, Lugentz Dort, NAW
          SF: Wiggins, Dillon Brooks: RJ Barrett
          PF: Brandon Clarke
          C: Olynyk, Thompson, Boucher

Comment

• TaeTaeyeon wrote: View Post
            What do people have as their dream lineups going into qualification at this point (assuming all healthy people play)?

That leaves 4 spots. Looks like one more spot for a traditional big so I'd go Boucher since he brings a dimension neither Olynyk or Thompson have but Khem Birch and Nicholson should be considered. From there there's room for a stretch 4, I like Trey Lyles or Brandon Clarke but not both..but I think Brandon Clarke because the rest of the team needs D, not more offense (special consideration to Wiltjer but he'd get killed on D). From there looks like maybe a couple of wings and maybe a ballhandler are possible and I think I'd go Lugentz Dort (killer defender which again this team is lacking) and Nickeil Alexander Walker. NAW is the highest ceiling but he's playing horrible. I have Melvin Ejim in his spot though if things don't shape up. (I also like Kevin Pangos a lot but he's injured and there's too many playmakers already; I think the team could use another 3 and D guy who could play 4)

So in the end:

Why would you not want both Brooks and Lyles? I think you take as many NBA guys as you can get.
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• TaeTaeyeon wrote: View Post
              What do people have as their dream lineups going into qualification at this point (assuming all healthy people play)?

So in the end:

chris vernon (who is a memphis guy) said on a recent-ish podcast that brandon clarke doesn't consider himself canadian and tells everyone he's from arizona. which makes sense, he's about as canadian as steve nash is south african or og anunoby is british.

maybe he takes an opportunity to develop and play for nurse in the summer, but i sort of doubt it and think he'll just concentrate on workouts.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

chris vernon (who is a memphis guy) said on a recent-ish podcast that brandon clarke doesn't consider himself canadian and tells everyone he's from arizona. which makes sense, he's about as canadian as steve nash is south african or og anunoby is british.

maybe he takes an opportunity to develop and play for nurse in the summer, but i sort of doubt it and think he'll just concentrate on workouts.
                Well if B
                randon Clarke doesn't think he is Canadian ? Well he is okay being Canadian when asked to play in the rising stars tournament . He wouldn't have made the American side and so he like being Canadian when it's convenient

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Well if B
                  randon Clarke doesn't think he is Canadian ? Well he is okay being Canadian when asked to play in the rising stars tournament . He wouldn't have made the American side and so he like being Canadian when it's convenient
                  OG also played for rising stars but doesn't play for Britain. I wouldn't take it personally. In fact I get it. You identify with where you grew up.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

OG also played for rising stars but doesn't play for Britain. I wouldn't take it personally. In fact I get it. You identify with where you grew up.
                    Oh I don't take it personally .. Days are gone when this type of news would be devastating … Can't blame the guy he only called Canada his home for the 1st 3 years of his life .. Although if he wanted to play in any World Championships Canada would be a better option .

Comment

• Brooks get a 3 year 32 mil extention. Helps clear up some trouble of being a RFA this summer and should make him able to play
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        Brooks get a 3 year 32 mil extention. Helps clear up some trouble of being a RFA this summer and should make him able to play
                        Good for him. Carved out a nice career (so far) for himself as a second round pick
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Good for him. Carved out a nice career (so far) for himself as a second round pick
                          Wiggins is going to the Warriors . That may sure mean no playoffs and he could play for Canada or built in excuse that he wants to get ready
                          for next season ie cause he is going to a new team .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Wiggins is going to the Warriors . That may sure mean no playoffs and he could play for Canada or built in excuse that he wants to get ready
                            for next season ie cause he is going to a new team .
                            Hopefully they say “time to start learning how to win. Go to the worlds.”

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Hopefully they say “time to start learning how to win. Go to the worlds.”
                              With Both Klay and Steph rushing to get back to play for the US, I wouldn't be surprised if they change Wiggins mind.

Comment

• so i just looked at our group for the tournament... and luckily will only have to worry about turkey who isn't even in our group. So i feel strongly about this. I guess greece is the other big threat but I think overall we have a much stronger team at full strength. Our guard rotation is pretty solid. With or without wiggins. We will have SGA/COJO/Brooks/Murray. We have SGA's cousin but I am not sure if he plays in this tourney

Forwards: Olynyk (can play PF), Wiggins/Barrett is big enough

Birch is another one we can count on.

If we combine these guys with possibly one other guy (not sure if Thompson (Tristan)) has a place on this squad but yeah.

We have a solid bunch of guys. I think based on what I saw last summer I was surprised by how well we did considering the strength of our team. I also think it was pretty clear that we can find ways to score even though we had a talent level, which was effectively sub-par. Our best strength is our wing depth and talent level. Realistically I don't see many wings that can beat us. If wiggins figures his own self out then even better.

Comment

Working...
                                X