No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this summer is going to be great for basketball too!

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

chris vernon (who is a memphis guy) said on a recent-ish podcast that brandon clarke doesn't consider himself canadian and tells everyone he's from arizona. which makes sense, he's about as canadian as steve nash is south african or og anunoby is british.

maybe he takes an opportunity to develop and play for nurse in the summer, but i sort of doubt it and think he'll just concentrate on workouts.
      thanks for reminding me of boucher... that is embarassing that i forgot about them..

Comment

• Last night

Wiggins 27 4 5
        Murray 32 10 assits
        Brandon Clarke ( I know not Canadian ) 27 points
        Tristian Thompson 27 pts 11 boards
        Brooks 11 points
        Barrett 16 points
        Birch 8 points 4 for 5 in shooting

It could be the most points by Canadians in a given NBA night . They
        did it with Shai not playing .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
          Last night

Wiggins 27 4 5
          Murray 32 10 assits
          Brandon Clarke ( I know not Canadian ) 27 points
          Tristian Thompson 27 pts 11 boards
          Brooks 11 points
          Barrett 16 points
          Birch 8 points 4 for 5 in shooting

It could be the most points by Canadians in a given NBA night . They
          did it with Shai not playing .

That's pretty amazing. Unimaginable just 5 years ago. And just from 7 of the Canadians on NBA teams. Great times.

Comment

• Sadly I don't think Canada is going to play in next summer's Olympics … It's not that I think they can't qualify … I don't think there will be an Olympics next summer .. The coronavirus virus maybe something that will result in the Olympics being canceled . Heck even if not cancelled how many NBA stars would go to Toyko with this virus being such a big story .
            Last edited by guyroch; Tue Feb 25, 2020, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
              Sadly I don't think Canada is going to play in next summer's Olympics … It's not that I think they can't qualify … I don't think there will be an Olympics next summer .. The coronavirus virus maybe something that will result in the Olympics being canceled . Heck even if not cancelled how many NBA stars would go to Toyko with this virus being such a big story .
              That would suck but i better still get to watch them in victoria in June
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Never thought of that.. will definitely be an issue. Let's try to get in anyway and then figure out a plan B later.

Comment

• If they quallify, they may just postpone the games for a year. Qualified is qualified.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Never thought of that.. will definitely be an issue. Let's try to get in anyway and then figure out a plan B later.
                    Would you or anyone you know think of traveling to Tokyo right now ? I think anyone right now wants to stay on this side of the ocean right now .

Comment

• Big move by Canada.. I believe Australia also made a similar statement.

Wonder what that means for the Qualifying tournament?

Comment

Big move by Canada.. I believe Australia also made a similar statement.

Agree with the decision to not go to the Olympics if they are held. Would be an absolute blow to Basketball Canada if the IOC decided to hold some quasi official Olympics, with numerous teams not going. Japan has already said they are fine with postponing the games a year. Why does the IOC give a shit? Too many missed international trips and ribbon cutting ceremonies? We will just be starting to see the second wave of infected COVID-19 cases emerging internationally and in Canada in May. Probably irresponsible to participate this summer.

Comment

Big move by Canada.. I believe Australia also made a similar statement.

I think eventually here soon the entire Olympics will be shifted 1 full year. Not really that big a deal, Tokyo still gets their money, IOC gets their money, athletes compete, nobody gets sick
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Nostradamus like prescience Keon. Happy to see this happen, quite honestly. Canada will field a much better Bball team a year from now/

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                              this summer is going to be great for basketball too!
                              This did not age well.

Comment

• This would have been the week of the Olympic Qualifiers in Victoria. I was going to go it's disappointing cause next year it will probably be overlapping with the bulk of playoffs and going to miss out on some of the big names. Giannis will likely sit out since he will be a UFA so that will at least help out Canada
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X