No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Nuggets guard Jamal Murray suffers torn ACL in left knee, out indefinitely .. Wow it looks like a play he has done a million times .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
      Denver Nuggets guard Jamal Murray suffers torn ACL in left knee, out indefinitely .. Wow it looks like a play he has done a million times .
      Hope he recovers. I just heard speculation on TV that maybe he rejoins his Nuggets team after the all star break, next year.

Comment

• Damn.

Comment

• This is pretty devastating for team Canada. Murray was our best player.

Comment

• That was the nail in the coffin for me. The only thing keeping me invested in the season was the Nuggets making a deep run and Murray showing out once more. This is officially the worst NBA season I have witnessed (counting the post bosh years).

Comment

• Lu Dort with 42 points last night. Still only 21. Good for him.
              Interesting watch OKC bench or rest all these guys. They have some good young pieces they could develop but instead they are resting guys like Lu and Shai longer than their injuries need in my opinion. I bet after last nights game they make up some injury for Dort.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                Lu Dort with 42 points last night. Still only 21. Good for him.
                Interesting watch OKC bench or rest all these guys. They have some good young pieces they could develop but instead they are resting guys like Lu and Shai longer than their injuries need in my opinion. I bet after last nights game they make up some injury for Dort.
                That's the beauty of going into full on, shameless tank mode, sitting the vets. You play the young guys and somebody has to take the shots. Eventually, a young guy will break out for 20, 30 even a 40-point night and everybody drools at the 'future potential' and they now become a trade asset. OKC are tank savants.

Malachi is slowly becoming a trade asset (or core piece), but you would never have seen that if FVV & Lowry are in the lineup.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

That's the beauty of going into full on, shameless tank mode, sitting the vets. You play the young guys and somebody has to take the shots. Eventually, a young guy will break out for 20, 30 even a 40-point night and everybody drools at the 'future potential' and they now become a trade asset. OKC are tank savants.

Malachi is slowly becoming a trade asset (or core piece), but you would never have seen that if FVV & Lowry are in the lineup.
                  Yep, it doesn't make sense to me to have an NBA ready prospect 3rd string behind two heavy usage players. Hopefully he continues to get heavy minutes and some starts for the rest of the season and Lowry or FVV are let go / moved in the off-season so we have minutes for Flynn.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    This is pretty devastating for team Canada. Murray was our best player.
                    2nd best. But yeah. The Best Canadian Basketball Player is a guy most casual sports fans on either side of the border have never heard of.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Some good Canadian players should be available for the qualifying tournament which happens to run during the playoffs.

Boucher and Birch from the Raptors
                      Shai (hopefully) and Dort from the Thunder
                      Olynyk from Houston
                      Wiggins from Minnesota
                      CoJo from Detroit
                      NAW from New Orleans

May not have RJ, Tristan or the two guys from Memphis (Brooks and Clarke) though... although NY and Memphis seem like first round exits if they even make it through the play-in.

Let's hope we get some guys to show up.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

2nd best. But yeah. The Best Canadian Basketball Player is a guy most casual sports fans on either side of the border have never heard of.
                        Who do you think is the best? After that cryptic answer I must know.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Who do you think is the best? After that cryptic answer I must know.
                          He must be talking about Shai.. who I agree is better than Jamal.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Dort started for them during their playoff push last year and during the playoffs was probably their second most important player. He didn't get discovered by anyone frm one game, he's part of their future, especially on that contract (probably the best contract in the NBA outside Lebron).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

He must be talking about Shai.. who I agree is better than Jamal.
                              Yes, SGA in OKC has become the best player weve had since steven nash graced the courts. The fact primer wasnt sure just goes to show how underappreciated this kid is. Hes a 22 year old averaging 24 and 6 efficiently, and really impacts winning and losing in OKC.

When it comes to u23 in the nba, I think its

1. Luka
                              2. Zion
                              3. SGA
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Dort started for them during their playoff push last year and during the playoffs was probably their second most important player. He didn't get discovered by anyone frm one game, he's part of their future, especially on that contract (probably the best contract in the NBA outside Lebron).
                                Yeah sure, we all know the Dort story... he guarded Harden like stink in the bubble and has flashed some all-NBA defensive potential. Just a general statement on what OKC is doing, in addition to shameless tanking, i.e., freeing up minutes and shots for guys who wouldn't normally take as many. That said, Dort is still mostly a trainwreck on the offensive end, so these are great development reps for him. He does seem like a guy who can have these huge moments, though.

Don't get me started on his contract. Feel sorry for Dort and the guy needs to fire his agent.... but what a steal by OKC.

Comment

Working...
                                X