Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Some good Canadian players should be available for the qualifying tournament which happens to run during the playoffs.

Boucher and Birch from the Raptors
    Shai (hopefully) and Dort from the Thunder
    Olynyk from Houston
    Wiggins from Minnesota
    CoJo from Detroit
    NAW from New Orleans

May not have RJ, Tristan or the two guys from Memphis (Brooks and Clarke) though... although NY and Memphis seem like first round exits if they even make it through the play-in.

Let's hope we get some guys to show up.
    wiggins on GSW you mean

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yes, SGA in OKC has become the best player weve had since steven nash graced the courts. The fact primer wasnt sure just goes to show how underappreciated this kid is. Hes a 22 year old averaging 24 and 6 efficiently, and really impacts winning and losing in OKC.

When it comes to u23 in the nba, I think its

1. Luka
      2. Zion
      3. SGA
      i might take SGA ahead of murray in a hypothetical draft of players to build around, but i'd still have murray at the top right now based on the utah series alone, which might have been the best 6 game series anyone's ever played offensively. his ortg was 138!

i also might take zion ahead of luka at this point.
      Last edited by chris; Wed Apr 14, 2021, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i might take SGA ahead of murray in a hypothetical draft of players to build around, but i'd still have murray at the top right now based on the utah series alone, which might have been the best 6 game series anyone's ever played offensively. his ortg was 138!

i also might take zion ahead of luka at this point.
        Another thing about SGA is he's part of one of the most lopsided trades in recent history. Offensively speaking, he may be as good as Paul George already. Their numbers across the board are remarkably close: https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_...&p2yrfrom=2021

I mean look at this haul. Crazy. OKC is still pick swapping and taking unprotected in 5 years when Kawhi and George are in their mid 30s. In theory, They could be picking with free lotto picks from the Clip when SGA and Dort are in their prime. They (LAC) better a win a title here, because this is their only window with assets for the forseeable future.

To Clippers:
        • Paul George (and the insurance necessary for Kawhi Leonard to sign as a free agent)

To OKC Thunder:
        • Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
        • Danilo Gallinari
        • Miami Heat 2021 unprotected first-round draft pick
        • Clippers 2022 unprotected first-round draft pick
        • Miami Heat 2023 protected 1 through 14 first-round draft pick
        • Right to swap 2023 first-round pick with Clippers
        • Clippers 2024 unprotected first-round draft pick
        • Right to swap 2025 first-round pick with Clippers
        • Clippers 2026 unprotected first-round draft pick

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Another thing about SGA is he's part of one of the most lopsided trades in recent history. Offensively speaking, he may be as good as Paul George already. Their numbers across the board are remarkably close: https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_...&p2yrfrom=2021

I mean look at this haul. Crazy. OKC is still pick swapping and taking unprotected in 5 years when Kawhi and George are in their mid 30s. In theory, They could be picking with free lotto picks from the Clip when SGA and Dort are in their prime. They (LAC) better a win a title here, because this is their only window with assets for the forseeable future.

To Clippers:
          • Paul George (and the insurance necessary for Kawhi Leonard to sign as a free agent)

To OKC Thunder:
          • Danilo Gallinari
          Not bright, Kawhi. Could've stayed here and def won another chip.
          Instead, ya fucked us and ya fucked the Clips for the next decade with your Lebron GMing impression.
          Thanks for the chip and thanks for the memories. Truly.
          But woof dude. Big woof.

Comment

To Clippers:

To OKC Thunder:
            • Danilo Gallinari
            oh yeah that was complete highway robbery. i am rooting so hard against the clippers and for one or both of kawhi and PG to leave them in the coming years to put that franchise in a pit of despair that would make the new jersey nets of six years ago jealous

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Not bright, Kawhi. Could've stayed here and def won another chip.
              Instead, ya fucked us and ya fucked the Clips for the next decade with your Lebron GMing impression.
              Thanks for the chip and thanks for the memories. Truly.
              But woof dude. Big woof.
              Kawhi's ego was ballooned after bringing the chip to the North. He was the most famous basketball player on the planet, not just Canada, from May to July 2020. The way the fans worshipped him and the mayor got on his knees and slob knobbed him, he thought he was Jesus Christ himself, and would just find an all star and go win more titles in LA. Shit I kind of did too. But we forget how hard it is in pro sports, and we always forget it's NEVER just one man (MJ wasn't winning titles until his teammates became credible)

Kawhi MAY never win another title, and look back on Toronto with a lot of what ifs. He was a god here. A deity. Or maybe he didn't want that, and preferred anonymity. He can probably walk around in a lot of parts of LA fairly unbothered, in Toronto he could barely step outside. Nobody knows what makes this guy tick. But I can say fairly confidently that last years team plus Kawhi would have beat the Lakers in the NBA finals. Sucks.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Yes, SGA in OKC has become the best player weve had since steven nash graced the courts. The fact primer wasnt sure just goes to show how underappreciated this kid is. Hes a 22 year old averaging 24 and 6 efficiently, and really impacts winning and losing in OKC.

When it comes to u23 in the nba, I think its

1. Luka
                2. Zion
                3. SGA
                OK that's an acceptable answer. Murray has lit it up for Team Canada men's team that's why I was saying he's the best. SGA has only played for the under 18 team, but I'm sure he'll be amazing at the men's level also.

Comment

• What a night for Montreal Basketball !!! Boucher 31 pts 7 pts 6 boards and Dort 29 pts ..Add SHAIGILGEOUS-ALEXAN

SHAIGILGEOUS-ALEXAN and you got a good start for Canada basketball this summer .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                    What a night for Montreal Basketball !!! Boucher 31 pts 7 pts 6 boards and Dort 29 pts ..Add SHAIGILGEOUS-ALEXAN

SHAIGILGEOUS-ALEXAN and you got a good start for Canada basketball this summer .
                    Can we load management Canadian players : ) . Cause they going down lately

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Can we load management Canadian players : ) . Cause they going down lately
                      Now we discover the crux of evil Adam Silver's plan.

Comment

• Oshae Brissett started last 3 games for the Pacers.

13p/6reb
                        23p/12reb
                        11p/11reb

Team Canada depth chart looking nice.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          Oshae Brissett started last 3 games for the Pacers.

13p/6reb
                          23p/12reb
                          11p/11reb

Team Canada depth chart looking nice.
                          Thanks for the post .. I wasn't aware of that .

Comment

• Figure after Sunday's game this thread may start to get some more love. Nurse will be free to reach out and put plans in place for qualification.

Boucher is looking like he has recovered from his injury and Birch has demonstrated an expanded offensive game under Nurse. They would be a welcome start to the team for this summer.

Quite a few other NBA guys that wont be in the playoffs that will be considered and can get an early start
                            CoJo
                            SGA and Dort (injuries)
                            NAW
                            Kelly Olynyk (Contract)
                            Mfiondu Kabengele

Some other guys that may be early playoff exits as well.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                              Figure after Sunday's game this thread may start to get some more love. Nurse will be free to reach out and put plans in place for qualification.

Boucher is looking like he has recovered from his injury and Birch has demonstrated an expanded offensive game under Nurse. They would be a welcome start to the team for this summer.

Quite a few other NBA guys that wont be in the playoffs that will be considered and can get an early start
                              CoJo
                              SGA and Dort (injuries)
                              NAW
                              Kelly Olynyk (Contract)
                              Mfiondu Kabengele

Some other guys that may be early playoff exits as well.
                              SGA seems to have a really bad foot injury. Could just be OKC trying to justify sitting him but I'd be surprised to see him play for Canada this year unfortunately.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

SGA seems to have a really bad foot injury. Could just be OKC trying to justify sitting him but I'd be surprised to see him play for Canada this year unfortunately.
                                I think he's fine and that OKC just shut him down to tank. They claimed he had Plantar Fasciitis and that usually takes no more than a couple of months to fully recover from. Hopefully that is what the situation is and we will get to see him play. I've been itching to see some of the top guys take the court for Team Canada.

Comment

Working...
                                X