No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the most talented roster Team Canada has ever assembled and that's without SGA, Murray, and Boucher. I'm hyped for the qualifying tourney!

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Could we see Nickeil Alexander-Walker picking up some PG duty ?
      Realized I left him off of offensive creators after I posted. I think he will have a big impact on the roster.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        This is the most talented roster Team Canada has ever assembled and that's without SGA, Murray, and Boucher. I'm hyped for the qualifying tourney!

As a Canadian Basketball fan .. I seem to be cheering for Knicks Griz and Celtics to lose . Just want to see Tristian Barret and Brooks to play for Canada ..

Comment

As a Canadian Basketball fan .. I seem to be cheering for Knicks Griz and Celtics to lose . Just want to see Tristian Barret and Brooks to play for Canada ..
          Not that I need any further reasons to cheer for NY & Boston to lose, but excellent point.

Comment

• Looks like Brooks, RJ and Clarke are now available!
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Happy to see those players will be available. Adds an important dimension to Canada's team.

Comment

• In a wrap-up article on the Grizzlys vs the Jazz I found this quote:

"No player personifies the Memphis Grizzlies’ grit more than Dillon Brooks". (Chris Nicoll / USA Today) Certainly enjoyed watching him.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                  In a wrap-up article on the Grizzlys vs the Jazz I found this quote:

"No player personifies the Memphis Grizzlies’ grit more than Dillon Brooks". (Chris Nicoll / USA Today) Certainly enjoyed watching him.
                  I wonder what Wiggins frame of mind coming to camp is ? Does he come thinking he is the Lebron James of Canada basketball ? Other then Murray
                  I think anyone coming to Canada basketball should come knowing they are one of many great players playing in for Canada .

Comment

I wonder what Wiggins frame of mind coming to camp is ? Does he come thinking he is the Lebron James of Canada basketball ? Other then Murray
                    I think anyone coming to Canada basketball should come knowing they are one of many great players playing in for Canada .
                    Wiggins played for Canada already and wasn't very good so I doubt he comes in thinking he's Lebron of Canada. Not to mention his NBA career has been objectively worse than many players on this invite list, plus the few guys missing out due to injuries.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Wiggins played for Canada already and wasn't very good so I doubt he comes in thinking he's Lebron of Canada. Not to mention his NBA career has been objectively worse than many players on this invite list, plus the few guys missing out due to injuries.
                      Last time he played at the 2015 FIBA Americas Olympic qualifiers he was the teams leading scorer and was named to the all tournament team....as a 20 year old!

He's not the GOAT, but he is one of our top 5 guys and is a huge part of the team going forward.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

Last time he played at the 2015 FIBA Americas Olympic qualifiers he was the teams leading scorer and was named to the all tournament team....as a 20 year old!

He's not the GOAT, but he is one of our top 5 guys and is a huge part of the team going forward.
                        2015 is when Wiggins shit the bed in the deciding game against Venezuela that kept us out of the Olympics. When it mattered most he was not good.

Comment

2015 is when Wiggins shit the bed in the deciding game against Venezuela that kept us out of the Olympics. When it mattered most he was not good.
                          2015? lol. Wiggins was just a kid. That whole squad was pretty young. Not to mention Jay Triano was our coach. Just a slight upgrade there with Nurse.

Comment

I'll go back to it, he was 20 years old, what did you expect?
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

I'll go back to it, he was 20 years old, what did you expect?
                              Back then I thought Wiggins was going to be a perennial All Star so I had outsized expectations. Anyone from the USA team at age 20 would have performed a lot better. I think both Murray and Barrett performed better than Wiggins for team Canada at younger ages. Does Wiggins start over Brooks at SF? I'm not sure Wiggins is even a starter for team Canada now.

Comment

Did he shit the bed ? My memory was Jay sat him on the bench for most of the game ( and that could be one of the reasons why he never suited up again )

Did Wiggins shit the bed or did Jay with one of the most talented Canadian teams ever shit the bed ?

Comment

Working...
                                X