Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Did he shit the bed ? My memory was Jay sat him on the bench for most of the game ( and that could be one of the reasons why he never suited up again )

Did Wiggins shit the bed or did Jay with one of the most talented Canadian teams ever shit the bed ?
    For real, Triano got punked by that crazy Venezuelan coach, IIRC, and then blamed the young Canadian players as a group. Pretty sure Wiggins has been holding a grudge since then.

Comment

Did he shit the bed ? My memory was Jay sat him on the bench for most of the game ( and that could be one of the reasons why he never suited up again )

Did Wiggins shit the bed or did Jay with one of the most talented Canadian teams ever shit the bed ?
      Eh, it was a little of column A, little of column B. No one came out looking good.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• So guess no frontcourt?
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

So guess no frontcourt?
          No Olynyk , Thompson , Birch or Boucher .. WTF . Why have them on that original list when you have no commitment . It seems like always it is always next tournament ..

Got to love Powel .. After having a major injury he is at camp and is excited about being there .
          Last edited by guyroch; Wed Jun 16, 2021, 02:26 PM.

Comment

No Olynyk , Thompson , Birch or Boucher .. WTF . Why have them on that original list when you have no commitment . It seems like always it is always next tournament ..

Got to love Powel .. After having a major injury he is at camp and is excited about being there .
            Certainly does. The annual tradition. Canada sees a big list, then they slowly drop like flies up until the day of the tournament and you're back with Cory Joseph and the Scrubb brothers
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Certainly does. The annual tradition. Canada sees a big list, then they slowly drop like flies up until the day of the tournament and you're back with Cory Joseph and the Scrubb brothers
              Perfectly said ... Nickeil Alexander-Walker is there though .

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

So guess no frontcourt?
                Birch, Boucher and Olynyk are easily explainable... they have no guaranteed contract for next year. What's TT's excuse? Hitting up another Kardashian?

Where's Tristan Thompson at..... when you actually NeedTristanThompson

Comment

It's always the younger people! TT used to show up allllllll the time back in the day. Also Olynk!

​​​​​

golden wrote: View Post

Birch, Boucher and Olynyk are easily explainable... they have no guaranteed contract for next year. What's TT's excuse? Hitting up another Kardashian?

Where's Tristan Thompson at..... when you actually NeedTristanThompson
                  Not sure why, come on TT. Maybe if we get #TT2022 he'll recommit to the Canadian team out of respect for Nick Nurse????

But yeah TT is probably celebrating his reopening by getting out there! Why limit it to just the Kardashians when you can have all of LA or whatever city he's vacationing in????

#TT2022
                  #FORHISOWNGOOD!!!!!
                  #SAVECANADABASKETBALL (MEN'S)

Comment

• What was the purpose of the original list ? No Kelly Olynyk , Tristan Thompson , Khem Birch , Dillon Brooks , Oshae Brissett, ..

Dwight Powell is an example of the ‘heart and soul’ Canadian men will bring to Olympic qualifying tournament | The Star

Although saying that .. We have a Canadian team with Andrew Wiggins , RJ Barrett , Lu Dort , Dwight Powell , Cory Joseph , Trey
                    Lyles, Mychal Mulder and Nickeil Walker-Alexander . With 8 NBA players and that should be enough talent to get us at least to the Olympics .

Last edited by guyroch; Thu Jun 17, 2021, 07:41 AM.

Comment

We have a Canadian team with Andrew Wiggins , RJ Barrett , Lu Dort , Dwight Powell , Cory Joseph , Trey
                      Lyles, Mychal Mulder and Nickeil Walker-Alexander . With 8 NBA players and that should be enough talent to get us at least to the Olympics .
                      The most important date to remember is 29 June 2021 which is the first game of the tournament for Canada which happens to be against Greece.

If the Bucks are eliminated by the Nets, Giannis is going to be there and the road to the Olympics becomes a whole lot harder.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

The most important date to remember is 29 June 2021 which is the first game of the tournament for Canada which happens to be against Greece.

If the Bucks are eliminated by the Nets, Giannis is going to be there and the road to the Olympics becomes a whole lot harder.
                        I have been thinking the same thing . Although if Giannis has a early exit his mood for basketball may not be so hype to fly to Vancouver .

Comment

I have been thinking the same thing . Although if Giannis has a early exit his mood for basketball may not be so hype to fly to Vancouver .
                          Or maybe he will be so pissed off, he is just going to take his frustrations on team Canada.

Comment

What was the purpose of the original list ? No Kelly Olynyk , Tristan Thompson , Khem Birch , Dillon Brooks , Oshae Brissett, ..

Dwight Powell is an example of the ‘heart and soul’ Canadian men will bring to Olympic qualifying tournament | The Star

Although saying that .. We have a Canadian team with Andrew Wiggins , RJ Barrett , Lu Dort , Dwight Powell , Cory Joseph , Trey

I read a tweet that guys like Dort , Wiggins and CoJo all aren't there yet .. Maybe the 1st few days aren't mandatory for NBA players . I guess if they were in the playoffs currently they would wait and so that is why it isn't mandatory but it seems Cory Joseph isn't even in this continent presently .

Comment

• If i'm not mistaken a lot of these guys just don't want to show up for the qualifying tourney right? I'm sure if Canada made the olympics some of these guys will come through for a chance at a gold. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I doubt that Giannis is gonna play that game or in the qualifying tourney. Going from a deep playoff run to playing even more ball with not much rest in between doesn't sound smart. Then again Giannis is a pretty loyal guy so I guess its a possibility

Comment

Working...
                                X