No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turned it up defensively in the 4th. Need to close them out and keep running whenever possible
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Nate is back on the bench with Nurse.

Comment

• Good game. You expect some rust and unfamiliarity with one another. Barrett and Wiggins can get buckets and Dort just puts guys in jail.

Comment

• Dort is unbelievable defensively. He really is. But the story of this game is Wiggins. Maple Jordan has arrived folks. He's here.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
            Good game. You expect some rust and unfamiliarity with one another. Barrett and Wiggins can get buckets and Dort just puts guys in jail.
            What a great game to watch !!! They had me sweating the last minute .. I love they didn't settle for the 3 and were aggressive the whole night .

Comment

• Nurse & Pitino swearing on the sidelines had me rolling.

Comment

• Good start, obviously some familiarity issues to work out but our talent shined through and we started to look a level above in the 4th.
                China is a great next game to work out the kinks.
                If Canada had the full team healthy we'd be scary good.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  Good start, obviously some familiarity issues to work out but our talent shined through and we started to look a level above in the 4th.
                  China is a great next game to work out the kinks.
                  If Canada had the full team healthy we'd be scary good.
                  If we had Murray & 1 of either Olynyk or Tristan, this team is busting thru this competition with ease.

It's a damn shame we don't. Hope it will be enough to jell before the finals. It's clear if Canada wants to win a medal at the Olympics they will need to upgrade as they probably won't crack the top 5 with their deficiencies at the Centre & PG position.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

If we had Murray & 1 of either Olynyk or Tristan, this team is busting thru this competition with ease.

It's a damn shame we don't. Hope it will be enough to jell before the finals. It's clear if Canada wants to win a medal at the Olympics they will need to upgrade as they probably won't crack the top 5 with their deficiencies at the Centre & PG position.
                    Most of the players who didn't commit to the team didn't commit because they have impending free agency - both Olynyk and Birch are free agents and they don't want to risk injury immediately before their next contract.

The most likely upgrades, if we make the Olympics, are Dillon Brooks and Tristan Thompson. They both have guaranteed money next year.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post

Most of the players who didn't commit to the team didn't commit because they have impending free agency - both Olynyk and Birch are free agents and they don't want to risk injury immediately before their next contract.

The most likely upgrades, if we make the Olympics, are Dillon Brooks and Tristan Thompson. They both have guaranteed money next year.
                      Tristian Thompson would help the most ..

Comment

• Very good job by the players of tuning their individual skills/styles to their fellow teammates. This was essentially their first preseason game. By the fourth quarter they (or Nurse) had figured a few things out. Now the other teams have some video to study while working on defensive strategies. Might make things a little tougher. I remain hopeful, because last night was almost equivalent to a pickup game with strangers.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Tristian Thompson would help the most ..
                          I'd rather have birch. I also think Brooks could help

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I'd rather have birch. I also think Brooks could help
                            We have a lot of Brooks type of players on the roster but Tristian's big body to compact these Euro bigs would help more .. We can agree the more the better .

Comment

• I wonder Nurse seeing Wiggins up close and coaching him may influence any trade possibilities with the Warriors or discourage .

Comment

Working...
                              X