Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    So who are they going to play next?
    Assuming turkey beats Cheks tonight then. Winner of cheks and uraguay tomorrow
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Assuming turkey beats Cheks tonight then. Winner of cheks and uraguay tomorrow
      Probably be the Czech. Turkey won easily 87-70.

Comment

• Turkey will be tough. They have a few big dudes as well. Ilyasova is always a handful. And Sengun is looking like a great prospect.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Probably be the CzechTurkey. won easily 87-70.
          Well Saturday match ups are set . After a 80 - 79 victory for Czech over Uruguay .. It is Canada vs Czech and Turkey vs Greece ..

The FIBA Americas have 6 teams in the semi's through out the world .. Considering U.S and Argentina already there .. Canada does play in in a great zone .
          Last edited by guyroch; Fri Jul 2, 2021, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Well Saturday match ups are set . After a 80 - 79 victory for Czech over Uruguay .. It is Canada vs Czech and Turkey vs Greece ..

The FIBA Americas have 6 teams in the semi's through out the world .. Considering U.S and Argentina already there .. Canada does play in in a great zone .
            I like these matchups for us. If Czech barely beat Uruguay and got spanked by Turkey we should beat them easily (knock on wood). Hopefully Greece pulls the upset and beats Turkey, they're a much better matchup for us as we saw in game 1.

Comment

• The Canada/Czech game is at 4:00pm on Saturday. Seems like it might actually be on the main network this time. But didn't confirm yet on my guide.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                The Canada/Czech game is at 4:00pm on Saturday. Seems like it might actually be on the main network this time. But didn't confirm yet on my guide.
                Yup, checked my rogers listings, shows that it's on CBC from 3:30 - 6:30pm... (perhaps some pre-game coverage in there.).

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I like these matchups for us. If Czech barely beat Uruguay and got spanked by Turkey we should beat them easily (knock on wood). Hopefully Greece pulls the upset and beats Turkey, they're a much better matchup for us as we saw in game 1.
                  Actually I don't want to face Greece again.

Now that they know the squad lineup & how they matched against Canada, they will be more comfortable in adjusting & executing their schemes.

My preference is that Greece will exhaust Turkey to the point where they will be very tired the next day & simply fall apart in the game against Canada after the first half.

2 years ago Turkey almost beat the Americans in China & they pretty much have almost the same team (Sengun looks to be an upgrade at the 5 ) so they are dangerous.

http://www.fiba.basketball/basketbal...209/USA-Turkey

Although if Turkey get rattled they are bound to drop the big one against an inferior opponent like they done in their final qualifying game in China:

http://www.fiba.basketball/basketbal...Czech-Republic

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Actually I don't want to face Greece again.

Now that they know the squad lineup & how they matched against Canada, they will be more comfortable in adjusting & executing their schemes.

My preference is that Greece will exhaust Turkey to the point where they will be very tired the next day & simply fall apart in the game against Canada after the first half.

2 years ago Turkey almost beat the Americans in China & they pretty much have almost the same team (Sengun looks to be an upgrade at the 5 ) so they are dangerous.

http://www.fiba.basketball/basketbal...209/USA-Turkey

Although if Turkey get rattled they are bound to drop the big one against an inferior opponent like they done in their final qualifying game in China:

http://www.fiba.basketball/basketbal...Czech-Republic

I saw the same thing about Turkey but they almost beat U.S.A but then lose to New Zealand .. You look around the world and all the tournaments and there are going to be a lot of great teams who aren't going to make it . I think Canada downfall ( which I hope they win ) is size is going to kill them . Here is hoping
                    they go nuts hitting 3's in game the clinching game .

The fact they beat a Greece team who had played 3 exhibition games is still a testament on how much talent Canada has . They have the most NBA players and that should mean something .

Comment

I saw the same thing about Turkey but they almost beat U.S.A but then lose to New Zealand .. You look around the world and all the tournaments and there are going to be a lot of great teams who aren't going to make it . I think Canada downfall ( which I hope they win ) is size is going to kill them . Here is hoping
                      they go nuts hitting 3's in game the clinching game .

The fact they beat a Greece team who had played 3 exhibition games is still a testament on how much talent Canada has . They have the most NBA players and that should mean something .
                      Size isn't a whole lot of issue as long as Powell & Nicholson step up which they have done. Canada also leads the tournament in rebounds.

The concern is mostly on team chemistry & the ability to execute plays at the end of close games which will determine if they will travel to the Olympics or not.

Comment

• I just noticed Andrew Nembhard didn't make the final cut . He was in camp but I guess we were too deep at the position. He did play in the last Worlds

Comment

I just noticed Andrew Nembhard didn't make the final cut . He was in camp but I guess we were too deep at the position. He did play in the last Worlds
                          It must be tough to be one of the players who are good enough for the worlds, but who have to step away for the Olympics. Everyone understands there are hierarchies, but still, it must be a little tough. Kudos to those guys who put in the time and effort when the lights aren't so bright.

Comment

• Canada is playing Lithuania right now in the U19 World Cup. Game is live on YT:

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Canada is playing Lithuania right now in the U19 World Cup. Game is live on YT:

Thanks for this. Selected "Watch Later."

Comment

• Good finish.. bad look by Nembhard in the end there though.

Comment

Working...
                                X