No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edey is the big man we need (to develop). But I guess he’d miss some/most of the qualifiers with the college season? And then there’s the draft process etc.

Boucher + Birch would help too. It’s almost like Nirse didn’t want them there…

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Edey is the big man we need (to develop). But I guess he’d miss some/most of the qualifiers with the college season? And then there’s the draft process etc.

Boucher always has an excuse it seems . Birch was a free agent and couldn't risk playing and getting hurt . Birch loves playing for Canada

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        Edey is the big man we need (to develop). But I guess he’d miss some/most of the qualifiers with the college season? And then there’s the draft process etc.

Edey is one young big that will be important in FIBA play, but keep your eye on Fardaws Aimaq. https://gouvu.com/news/2021/8/2/mens...he-nation.aspx

He put up 14ppg with 15rpg as a redshirt sophomore at Utah Valley. He has learned to look after his body and is a solid 6'11" big body. I would love to see his FG% increase this year and also see if he has any range, he is 2 for 2 from 3 in his career. Good sign also that he increased is free throw shooting from 42% as a freshaman to 62% as a sophomore.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Canadian pipeline keeps on producing talent....

Comment

• Good for Pangos

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Good for Pangos

We could have used him this summer instead of Cory but looking for a payday is a good reason for a like Pangos . It would have be nice if Raptors could have signed him .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

We could have used him this summer instead of Cory but looking for a payday is a good reason for a like Pangos . It would have be nice if Raptors could have signed him .
                Pangos is a baller. You give him 10% more athleticism and physical tools and he would carve out a 10-15 year career in the NBA. Probably a lot of guys like that, though.

Comment

• ‎The Bob McCown Podcast: EP 221 - NICK NURSE on Canada Basketball, Scottie Barnes and the Toronto Raptors. on Apple Podcasts

A nice Nick Nurse interview talking about team Canada

Comment

• One on One with Canadian draft pick Josh Primo.

Comment

• Canadian Andrew Wiggins denied religious exemption by NBA to skip COVID-19 vaccine .

The line speaks for itself .

Comment

Canadian Andrew Wiggins denied religious exemption by NBA to skip COVID-19 vaccine .

The line speaks for itself .

I'm not sure how he thought that was going to work. Even if he did get approved by the NBA, state authority wasn't going to allow it. These guys have to ask themselves are their convictions strong enough that they don't want to play in the NBA anymore. When all these players say they will retire if forced to get the shot, then we will see some changes.

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post

I'm not sure how he thought that was going to work. Even if he did get approved by the NBA, state authority wasn't going to allow it. These guys have to ask themselves are their convictions strong enough that they don't want to play in the NBA anymore. When all these players say they will retire if forced to get the shot, then we will see some changes.
                          It is a players league it seems and these guys are going to push the limits and see how far they can get .. It could be about the vaccine or it could be about don\t tell us what to do when it comes to non - basketball stuff . Funny when these guys get hurt they will be running to the medical community to get injury taken care of but when it comes to the vaccine the doctors and medical community don't know shit .

I don't want this to get political and so that is all I am going to say .. I think Wiggins marches to his own drum .. Although in defense of Wiggins this wouldn't be a issue if he was playing for the Rockets . This is a State guideline ..
                          Last edited by guyroch; Tue Sep 28, 2021, 08:33 AM.

Comment

It is a players league it seems and these guys are going to push the limits and see how far they can get .. It could be about the vaccine or it could be about don\t tell us what to do when it comes to non - basketball stuff . Funny when these guys get hurt they will be running to the medical community to get injury taken care of but when it comes to the vaccine the doctors and medical community don't know shit .

I don't want this to get political and so that is all I am going to say .. I think Wiggins marches to his own drum .. Although in defense of Wiggins this wouldn't be a issue if he was playing for the Rockets . This is a State guideline ..
                            I saw an article saying they should stop giving so much media to the tiny minority of players refusing the vaccine and I agree. Over 90% of the players are vaxxed. It's insane to keep promoting their nonsensical garbage when you've got players like KAT that lost half their family to Covid. Start interviewing the 90%+ that is vaxed about why they did it, how they don't have any side effects and feel safer around their family and friends. These guys have influence in poor communities and they're only magnifying the dumbasses like Wiggins. Also not a coincidence the guys holding out make over $30M per year so it's truly the most out of touch players.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I saw an article saying they should stop giving so much media to the tiny minority of players refusing the vaccine and I agree. Over 90% of the players are vaxxed. It's insane to keep promoting their nonsensical garbage when you've got players like KAT that lost half their family to Covid. Start interviewing the 90%+ that is vaxed about why they did it, how they don't have any side effects and feel safer around their family and friends. These guys have influence in poor communities and they're only magnifying the dumbasses like Wiggins. Also not a coincidence the guys holding out make over $30M per year so it's truly the most out of touch players.
                              It's not insane. The media is paid to generate eyeballs and everybody's talking about it. Rolling Stone hit that out of the park.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

It's not insane. The media is paid to generate eyeballs and everybody's talking about it. Rolling Stone hit that out of the park.
                                Just because it makes media outlets money doesn't make it not insane.

Comment

Working...
                                X