Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Steve Nash made the top 75 players of all time list. No brainer decision, but congrats!

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        Hope we can get him involved with the Canadian team, I fear he may go and play for the DR.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

Hope we can get him involved with the Canadian team, I fear he may go and play for the DR.
          Nothing in his Bio screams out that he would want to play for Canada . He isn't a lock to for the Canadian national team but if he did choose DP he might be guaranteed a spot . I think gone are the days we have to search for any player and convince them to join the Canadian team instead of another country .

Duarte was born and raised in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.[2][3] He moved with his family to New York to play his final two years of high school basketball at Redemption Christian Academy in Troy.[4] He participated in the 2017 Jordan Brand Classic Regional Game.[5] Ranked the fifth-best player in New York by 247Sports, Duarte originally committed to play college basketball for Western Kentucky but instead started his career at Northwest Florida State Colleg
          Last edited by guyroch; Fri Oct 22, 2021, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• That is why I I am thinking he is not in the mix for us. Add him to Karl Anthony Towns and some recent solid NCAA players and the DR is starting to build a core.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Nothing in his Bio screams out that he would want to play for Canada . He isn't a lock to for the Canadian national team but if he did choose DP he might be guaranteed a spot . I think gone are the days we have to search for any player and convince them to join the Canadian team instead of another country .

Duarte was born and raised in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.[2][3] He moved with his family to New York to play his final two years of high school basketball at Redemption Christian Academy in Troy.[4] He participated in the 2017 Jordan Brand Classic Regional Game.[5] Ranked the fifth-best player in New York by 247Sports, Duarte originally committed to play college basketball for Western Kentucky but instead started his career at Northwest Florida State Colleg
              Weird ... Some websites I see he was born in Montreal and others Dominican_Republic ... Is he a late bloomer cause I feel if he somebody who can score in the NBA he must have or should have played on the Dominican_Republic under teams .
              Last edited by guyroch; Sat Oct 30, 2021, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Weird ... Some websites I see he was born in Montreal and others Dominican_Republic ... Is he a late bloomer cause I feel if he somebody who can score in the NBA he must have or should have played on the Dominican_Republic under teams .
                I believe he was born in Montreal but was raised in the DR. He's only Canadian by birth. Like Vladdy Jr. from the Blue Jays.

Durate should have a Canadian citizenship. So could play for Team Canada if he/we wanted (him) to.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I believe he was born in Montreal but was raised in the DR. He's only Canadian by birth. Like Vladdy Jr. from the Blue Jays.

Durate should have a Canadian citizenship. So could play for Team Canada if he/we wanted (him) to.
                  That is the only thing that makes sense .. Cause if he wasn't born here there is nothing in his bio that makes him Canadian .

Comment

• Andrew Wiggins 35 pts 3 threes 4 rebs vs Wolves 21/22 season - YouTube

Andrew Wiggins has some monster dunks and a monster game against the team that traded him .. He always has some extra juice when he played the Cavs also and always loves playing against the Raps ..

Comment

Andrew Wiggins 35 pts 3 threes 4 rebs vs Wolves 21/22 season - YouTube

Andrew Wiggins has some monster dunks and a monster game against the team that traded him .. He always has some extra juice when he played the Cavs also and always loves playing against the Raps ..
                      (Be real nice if he didn’t have to rely on instances like that to consistently elevate his game though. … The greats find their own motivation, day in, day out.)

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

(Be real nice if he didn’t have to rely on instances like that to consistently elevate his game though. … The greats find their own motivation, day in, day out.)

Your so right .. Although some players have the raw talent to do extraordinary things but don't have the motor or give a shit meter to use it all the time .. It was one of the knocks on him going into the draft . His desire wasn't always on the display .

Comment

Your so right .. Although some players have the raw talent to do extraordinary things but don't have the motor or give a shit meter to use it all the time .. It was one of the knocks on him going into the draft . His desire wasn't always on the display .
                          And don't get me wrong, I'd love it if he could bottle that shit going forward.

GSW could make it to the Finals this year. It's not too late for a Wiggins redemption story.

Comment

GSW could make it to the Finals this year. It's not too late for a Wiggins redemption story.
                            I think the fact he is in Golden State he might start developing good working habits . If your in a culture of winning it has to rub off on you .. The Wolves develop big stats bad team type of players ...

Comment

THE HERD | Colin "on fire" Andrew Wiggins scores 35 Pts in win vs Timberwolves - YouTube

Colin Cowherd is saying the same thing about Wiggins ..

Andrew Wiggins Career Stats Vs Every Team | StatMuse

His 3 top teams he plays best against ... The Wolves , Cavs and Raptors ..

Comment

THE HERD | Colin "on fire" Andrew Wiggins scores 35 Pts in win vs Timberwolves - YouTube

Colin Cowherd is saying the same thing about Wiggins ..

Andrew Wiggins Career Stats Vs Every Team | StatMuse

His 3 top teams he plays best against ... The Wolves , Cavs and Raptors ..

Except it's not true. Go back the last couple seasons and he has not played all that great against those clubs. It's a false narrative that makes for a good story or podcast.

2 years ago he dropped 15 on the Cavs and averaged 19.5 vs. Toronto, all below his season averages. Last year vs. the 3 teas listed he put up 19ppg vs. the Cavs, 16ppg vs. Toronto, he did have a little more juice vs. the Wolves at 23ppg with nice shooting splits.

I am happy he is back in the fold for Canada and know he will be a valuable part of any team success we have in the near future. At 26 years old we should see him for a while.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X