Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post
    There is another Nik Staukas sighting .. He went off for 57 in a G League game .

Former lottery pick Nik Stauskas goes nuclear with 57 points, the sixth-highest total in G League history - CBSSports.com
    After getting 100 points in his last 2 GLeague games .. Nik gets a NBA gig again .. 2 year contract with Celtics

Comment

• Also per Eric Smith:

Rowan Barrett & Nick Nurse said this core committed to 3 things:

1. Be committed to 3 years...through Paris 2024
      2. We require you to be in camp no matter what
      3. Direct communication (while still respecting existing teams & agents etc)

Wiggins can't commit just yet to the 3 years, so is not in the 14-man core.

Comment

• Edey is going to be a difference maker.. we need size, and he has it.

Comment

• Why can't Wiggins commit?

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
            Why can't Wiggins commit?
            My guess is that he doesn't want to be committed until they qualify for the Olympics or they have a really good roster (one where he doesn't need to carry the team again).

I am pleasantly surprised Jamal Murray is there considering he missed a big chunk of time due to injury as well as happy to have SGA suit up. Got to be happy with that and not always look at the negatives so much (maybe i am more sadden by the fact Brandon Clarke isn't committed which he said he was going to)

At the moment they aren't playing very dangerous teams in the summer so I wouldn't worry.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

My guess is that he doesn't want to be committed until they qualify for the Olympics or they have a really good roster (one where he doesn't need to carry the team again).

I am pleasantly surprised Jamal Murray is there considering he missed a big chunk of time due to injury as well as happy to have SGA suit up. Got to be happy with that and not always look at the negatives so much (maybe i am more sadden by the fact Brandon Clarke isn't committed which he said he was going to)

At the moment they aren't playing very dangerous teams in the summer so I wouldn't worry.
              By 2024 Wiggins will likely be the 4th best player on that team. my stance hasn't changed. His fairweather ass can gtfo
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

By 2024 Wiggins will likely be the 4th best player on that team. my stance hasn't changed. His fairweather ass can gtfo
                He played last year in team Canada most important tournament and was their best player so what do you want from him?! Got to lay more of the blame for lots of other Canadians for not committing. Suppose they would have won and qualified against the Czech Republic, If they would arrive to the Olympics with the exact same roster they wouldn't even be in the top 7. Lots of holes in the big men spots as well as the bench was ass.

Nobody gave Jamal Murray this much shit from missing time in between his rookie year and his injury last season as well as SGA.

Comment

He played last year in team Canada most important tournament and was their best player so what do you want from him?! Got to lay more of the blame for lots of other Canadians for not committing. Suppose they would have won and qualified against the Czech Republic, If they would arrive to the Olympics with the exact same roster they wouldn't even be in the top 7. Lots of holes in the big men spots as well as the bench was ass.

Nobody gave Jamal Murray this much shit from missing time in between his rookie year and his injury last season as well as SGA.
                  This
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Also per Eric Smith:

Rowan Barrett & Nick Nurse said this core committed to 3 things:

1. Be committed to 3 years...through Paris 2024
                    2. We require you to be in camp no matter what
                    3. Direct communication (while still respecting existing teams & agents etc)

Wiggins can't commit just yet to the 3 years, so is not in the 14-man core.
                    That is quite the list .. Heck I would be pleased and excited if we even had 7 core commitment .. If you gave
                    me a commitment of Murray, and SGA , Dillon Brooks , Dort , Olynyk , Barrett , and Dwight Powel I would
                    be satisfied ... Sad to see Triston Thompson not on this list ..

We have to have a core of starting unit that get reps in with playing with each other ..

I love Cory's dedication but at this point he should pass the torch to the younger core .. His
                    dreadful showing in the last event tourney shows he thinks he just has to show up .

Comment

I love Cory's dedication but at this point he should pass the torch to the younger core .. His
                      dreadful showing in the last event tourney shows he thinks he just has to show up .
                      I don't mind Cory at the backup spot but yes as a starter he was absolutely turrible and was outplayed by every opposition PG starter including team China.

Comment

I don't like Wiggins.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Wiggins not playing was due to him being anti-JayTriano, not fairweather. GM Nash never should have brought back his good buddy to coach the team.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Wiggins not playing was due to him being anti-JayTriano, not fairweather. GM Nash never should have brought back his good buddy to coach the team.
                            To quote Chuck "I just don't like him. I gotta like a player just cause y'all like him?"

Comment

That is quite the list .. Heck I would be pleased and excited if we even had 7 core commitment .. If you gave
                              me a commitment of Murray, and SGA , Dillon Brooks , Dort , Olynyk , Barrett , and Dwight Powel I would
                              be satisfied ... Sad to see Triston Thompson not on this list ..

We have to have a core of starting unit that get reps in with playing with each other ..

CoJo and Olynyk are likely there because they are always committed to Canada basketball. But yeah CoJo should retire, and maybe be an assistant or something. He's not good. Would have preferred a kid like Sharpe or Mathurin if we wanted another guard.

We also gave spots to Ejim and Pangos even though they're not really that talented. But they have the international experience, and again always show up for Canada basketball.

Boucher, Clarke, Lyles, Thompson, Wiggins and the two kids from the 2022 draft (Sharpe/Mathurin) are the odd men out IMO.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

CoJo and Olynyk are likely there because they are always committed to Canada basketball. But yeah CoJo should retire, and maybe be an assistant or something. He's not good. Would have preferred a kid like Sharpe or Mathurin if we wanted another guard.

We also gave spots to Ejim and Pangos even though they're not really that talented. But they have the international experience, and again always show up for Canada basketball.

Boucher, Clarke, Lyles, Thompson, Wiggins and the two kids from the 2022 draft (Sharpe/Mathurin) are the odd men out IMO.
                                Olynyk is there cause his games translates very well to FIBA basketball . He is always Canada's leading scorers when he plays .. Again I see Boucher isn't committing . He always seems to have a excuse .. Oh well ..

It would really be nice if Tristian Thompson committed .. We don't really have a bruising Centre men who crash under the boards ..

I guess Nik Stakus only likes being Canadian when it gets him a TV gig on TSN .

Comment

Working...
                                X