Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

CoJo and Olynyk are likely there because they are always committed to Canada basketball. But yeah CoJo should retire, and maybe be an assistant or something. He's not good. Would have preferred a kid like Sharpe or Mathurin if we wanted another guard.

We also gave spots to Ejim and Pangos even though they're not really that talented. But they have the international experience, and again always show up for Canada basketball.

Boucher, Clarke, Lyles, Thompson, Wiggins and the two kids from the 2022 draft (Sharpe/Mathurin) are the odd men out IMO.
    Hard to bitch about Ejim and Pangos when we get eliminated by teams with zero nba players. Have you seen the talent level that's been keeping us out of the Olympics? We lose to teams of D list foreign players who would never sniff an NBA roster.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
      There were times we were just happy to sneak in and quailfy in Word Events ... This week 101-59 against Brazil , Canada 79-67 against Dominican Republic and 91 - 70 aginst Puerto Rico .... 3-0 and on off to the semi's in the FIBA Americas under 18 ...
      Well in 2022 they started off slow but left the best for last with a bronze ... Beating Argentina 81-57 in the Bronze medal game .. A team they lost earlier in the tourney ..

Canada v Argentina boxscore - FIBA U18 Americas Championship 2022 - 12 June - FIBA.basketball

Comment

• Am I nuts but is there any correlation to Wiggins playing for Canada last summer and his success this season and post season . He got to be the " man "
        for the Canadian team ... The guy has so much raw talent and it's great he is using it on the defensive assignments and rebounds .

Comment

Am I nuts but is there any correlation to Wiggins playing for Canada last summer and his success this season and post season . He got to be the " man "
          for the Canadian team ... The guy has so much raw talent and it's great he is using it on the defensive assignments and rebounds .
          Didn't Wiggins decline to play for Canada on our upcoming Olympics run?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Didn't Wiggins decline to play for Canada on our upcoming Olympics run?
            Well he didn't make a commitment . I do think some exemptions have to be made .. He is going to play until late June and you can't expect him to commit to a camp that may start next week .

Comment

Well he didn't make a commitment . I do think some exemptions have to be made .. He is going to play until late June and you can't expect him to commit to a camp that may start next week .
              Yeah, it wasn’t that he declined to play. He declined to make a multi-year commitment.

Something tells me that if he’s available and he wants to play, they’ll find a spot for him.

That said, players who go to the NBA Finals often take the summer off to catch their breath.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Yeah, it wasn’t that he declined to play. He declined to make a multi-year commitment.

Something tells me that if he’s available and he wants to play, they’ll find a spot for him.

That said, players who go to the NBA Finals often take the summer off to catch their breath.
                It seems when guys like Boucher go to the NBA Finals they take every summer off to catch their breathe and
                not play for Canada .

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

I think if the qualify for the Olympics you might see make an appearance .

I apologize if it is just speculation but I think Wiggins is great at basketball but I don't think he loves
                  to play basketball and usually wants his summers off .. Although in these NBA finals we have seen
                  a more patient player and has showed emotion .

Comment

I think if the qualify for the Olympics you might see make an appearance .

I apologize if it is just speculation but I think Wiggins is great at basketball but I don't think he loves
                    to play basketball and usually wants his summers off .. Although in these NBA finals we have seen
                    a more patient player and has showed emotion .
                    Maybe he has rediscovered a love for the game. Sometimes, people start to consider what kind of legacy they are going to leave behind. Maybe the chance to win a chip has got him thinking along those lines.

Comment

• So Canadian Roy Rana is no longer assistant coach at Sacramento and is now head coach of Kyoto Hannaryz and head coach of the Egyptian national team

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                        So Canadian Roy Rana is no longer assistant coach at Sacramento and is now head coach of Kyoto Hannaryz and head coach of the Egyptian national team
                        Is Rana still with the senior men’s program?

He’s been great and even won a junior world championship with RJ Barrett, beating the US.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Is Rana still with the senior men’s program?

He’s been great and even won a junior world championship with RJ Barrett, beating the US.
                          dont think so

Ya hes had success everyone he goes...cept sac lol. I think that was first Canada International bball gold ever. Amazing

Comment

• Anyone heard of Shaedon Sharpe .. He is in the NBA draft and saw clips of him .. Freak of an athlete

Comment

Anyone heard of Shaedon Sharpe .. He is in the NBA draft and saw clips of him .. Freak of an athlete
                              He got a good segment on the ESPN Draft special tonight. Bit unknown because he transferred and couldn't play games but wowed in practice (please, no AI quotes)

Comment

• The 2022 NBA draft. That’s the post.

Comment

Working...
                                X