No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Canadians drafted this year. 2 in the top 7.

Mathurin at 6
    Sharpe at 7
    Nembhard at 31
    Houstan at 32

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...two-in-top-10/

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      4 Canadians drafted this year. 2 in the top 7.

Mathurin at 6
      Sharpe at 7
      Nembhard at 31
      Houstan at 32

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...two-in-top-10/
      is it too late for any of these guys to join our camp?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
        is it too late for any of these guys to join our camp?
        Yes.

Got to sign a contract first and there is team obligations of summer league. Typically first year NBA rookies are out of the question especially if they are considered a rotation piece.

Comment

• Our wing depth is getting amazing

Just wish we could get some legit star bigs

Comment

• Great win by Team Canada .. That may have been the best PG on display since Steve Nash .. You put Murray and SGA on the floor at the same time and that will be a killer 1 2 punch .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
              Great win by Team Canada .. That may have been the best PG on display since Steve Nash .. You put Murray and SGA on the floor at the same time and that will be a killer 1 2 punch .
              Looking very nice.

(It does make me ask the question... would it be wiser to sell the farm for 2 remaining years of prime KD (+2 of inevitable decline)? .... or take everybody by surprise, come outta left field and bring Shai home. ... Man, he would be so, so great as a Rap... and could remain so for a long, long time.)

Glad he's on Team Canada though -- Things are looking bright!

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...ican-republic/

Comment

• The first quarter of the game against DR showed the benefits of having players commit to playing together. The Dominican squad were more integrated in their play and were obviously more familiar with each other. Canada took the first two quarters to sort things out and then were in control. Kelly looked as good as I've seen him on the national team for the last few years. The Alexander cousins were huge and Dwight Powell brought it in the second half.

Hopefully, these guys can get it done on Monday and nail an entry ticket for the FIBA tournament.

Comment

• Highlights from the game:

NAW

SGA

Olynk

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                    Highlights from the game:

NAW

SGA

Olynk
                    FIBA Olynyk is always a beast.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

FIBA Olynyk is always a beast.
                      On the opposite end of a beast ... Zach Edey ... Boy is he raw ... This is the first time I actually saw him live in action .

Comment

On the opposite end of a beast ... Zach Edey ... Boy is he raw ... This is the first time I actually saw him live in action .
                        Facts, but he's been slowly improving during his NCAA career. He used to run with the worse posture ever. LOL. He'll get there. He loves basketball and knows what his flaws are.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post

Facts, but he's been slowly improving during his NCAA career. He used to run with the worse posture ever. LOL. He'll get there. He loves basketball and knows what his flaws are.
                          Yes he was smart to stay in the NCAA .. Hopefully playing with NBA bigs in practice at Canada basketball will help with his growth .

Comment

• Dammit... only just remembered this game was today and juuuust missed it. Could've watched.

WJF
                            guyroch
                            Puffer

....I'm counting on you guys to not let me slip up again...

I need the heads up!

(Puffer... I know you tried.)

It was complete and utter destruction... 113 CAN - 67 Virgin Islands

https://www.fiba.basketball/basketba...a#tab=boxscore

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                              Dammit... only just remembered this game was today and juuuust missed it. Could've watched.

WJF
                              guyroch
                              Puffer

....I'm counting on you guys to not let me slip up again...

I need the heads up!

(Puffer... I know you tried.)

It was complete and utter destruction... 113 CAN - 67 Virgin Islands

https://www.fiba.basketball/basketba...a#tab=boxscore
                              I recorded the game but it looks like Kassius ROBERTSON came up big for us ... Only team
                              undefeated in the 1st group stage ...
                              Colombia beat Brazil which was a weird result ..

Comment

I recorded the game but it looks like Kassius ROBERTSON came up big for us ... Only team
                                undefeated in the 1st group stage ...
                                Colombia beat Brazil which was a weird result ..

What does this mean for us going forward?
                                Do we have more games on the immediate horizon?

Comment

Working...
                                X