Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    Dammit... only just remembered this game was today and juuuust missed it. Could've watched.

WJF
    guyroch
    Puffer

....I'm counting on you guys to not let me slip up again...

I need the heads up!

(Puffer... I know you tried.)

It was complete and utter destruction... 113 CAN - 67 Virgin Islands

https://www.fiba.basketball/basketba...a#tab=boxscore
    After winning six in a row at this level, (first time for Canada to win 6 in a row) Canada automatically moves into first place of their group at the next level of the battle for the Americas when games begin late in August. My understanding is that it now goes like the typical NBA playoff format in that Canada's first opponent will be the worst of the teams that have moved to that round, so they get an easier path to the finals.

Olynik and Powell played very well as bigs, while SGA and Kassious Robertson filled up the net. KR hit 8 threes. Nickeil Alexander-Walker came up big with a very balanced game, 11 points and some strong defense. Canada led from start to finish and won by just two points less than their 48 point margin in their last game against the US Virgin Islands. The Walker cousins fit in seamlessly with the rest of the squad and looked as if they had been playing together for years. The Scrubs played great D and forced numerous turnovers while also hitting some shots. The whole Canadian team was just on another level compared the the Virgin Islands, as they should be.

It's in my Clendar. As well as a reminder to remind YOU.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

What does this mean for us going forward?
      Do we have more games on the immediate horizon?
      There are games in August that will be on the west coast. Also, a window in November so it will be interesting to see who plays on that roster.

Check out the Global Jam https://www.basketball.ca/globljam games start today with some of the top U23 aged players from bot the men's and women's sides. Games are in Toronto so go support if you are lucky enough to live in the area.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

There are games in August that will be on the west coast. Also, a window in November so it will be interesting to see who plays on that roster.

Check out the Global Jam https://www.basketball.ca/globljam games start today with some of the top U23 aged players from bot the men's and women's sides. Games are in Toronto so go support if you are lucky enough to live in the area.
        It's Argentina who is first up for Canada in August and so we better have some NBA talent on board and then 2 days letter it will be Panama .. Maybe guys like RJ ( who will be signed by then ) and Murray will be on that August team ..

Comment

• are we playing right now?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
            are we playing right now?
            Canada under 23 is playing Brazil

Leonard Miller is playing.

Masai is watching.

Comment

• Under 2 min left — Canada up 8

(SN1)

Comment

• Missed the game but Canadian men and women's teams both won their first matches. Great start.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                  Missed the game but Canadian men and women's teams both won their first matches. Great start.
                  Bigger test today -- both going up against USA who will both be focused and angry after losing yesterday.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Bigger test today -- both going up against USA who will both be focused and angry after losing yesterday.
                    Will catch most of the Women's game but not the Men's. Too bad.

Comment

• I watched the men against Brazil last night.. it was kind of tough to watch at times. The skill level is just not there. Lots of raw players. I still watched though. The one thing that was disappointing was the crowd. Felt like nobody was there.

Was this not advertised well? I doubt the pandemic has anything to do with the sparse crowd. Or I guess nobody wants to see C or D level talent play here.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I watched the men against Brazil last night.. it was kind of tough to watch at times. The skill level is just not there. Lots of raw players. I still watched though. The one thing that was disappointing was the crowd. Felt like nobody was there.

Was this not advertised well? I doubt the pandemic has anything to do with the sparse crowd. Or I guess nobody wants to see C or D level talent play here.
                        It's not just a Canada thing. No one in the USA gives a shit about their U23 team either. If you look historically not that many guys that go on to be great NBA players are in these games.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

It's not just a Canada thing. No one in the USA gives a shit about their U23 team either. If you look historically not that many guys that go on to be great NBA players are in these games.
                          I am curious and wonder if I am not alone .. I keep seeing promotions for this event but really don't know what it is ?

Comment

• I watched some of the women's game after the Jays today. Looked like a local college team....
                            Other than being team Canada, not much reason to watch it really.

Comment

• Shaping up for a tight finish in the men's game right now...

Comment

• After a putrid 3rd, Canada stormed back and dominated the 4th and put it away. Fun finish.

Scottie B was in attendance. As was Shai.
                                And Masai & Bobby.

Nice that both men’s and women’s squads beat the US today for us to go up 2-0 for both teams — and US meanwhile starts the tourney 0-2 on both counts

Comment

Working...
                                X