No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tallest teen bb player is Canadian ... nice piece...

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      Tallest teen bb player is Canadian ... nice piece...
      Good article. Things seem to be going well for Rioux so far. Looks like he has some good people supporting him as he grows.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

We’ve come a long way from Cojo, Olynyk and the Scrubb brothers (god bless them). But let’s wait to see who actually shows up to play the games.

lmao. I spoke too soon.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

lmao. I spoke too soon.

Cojo, Olynyk and the Scrubs have serious help. Good luck to the team.

Comment

• curious how zach edey looks

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
              curious how zach edey looks
              very seated.

meanwhile, man it’s nice to have a genuine star on the squad. Shai makes life easier for everybody. Guys are looking good.

Comment

• Very happy to see the Canadian men pull it off. Argentina is a good team. Kudos to the guys that just keep coming out. It would be wonderful to see them qualify for the FIBA World's and the Olympics.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                  Very happy to see the Canadian men pull it off. Argentina is a good team. Kudos to the guys that just keep coming out. It would be wonderful to see them qualify for the FIBA World's and the Olympics.
                  SGA has been amazing for Team Canada .. Add Barret , Murray and Dillon Brooks and boy can we compete !! Although when we play the big boys like Serbia vs Greece they have big bodies that will give us trouble .

I hear that is it for SGA ( on twitter ) I don't think we will have him for our next match . Wow what a joke .. Those European teams get their stars playing for them all summer and we can't even get 4 games .

Gilgeous-Alexander has been shut down by the Thunder in the wake of the season-ending foot injury that rookie Chet Holmgren suffered in a pro-am game recently. Alexander-Walker will also miss the game while undergoing surgery to remove his wisdom teeth and Joseph has a family matter

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                    Very happy to see the Canadian men pull it off. Argentina is a good team. Kudos to the guys that just keep coming out. It would be wonderful to see them qualify for the FIBA World's and the Olympics.
                    Argentina is a shell of their former selves. Their golden era has passed. A blowout was expected and they delivered.

Canada has the 2nd most talent in FIBA, after USA. Not qualifying for the World Cup would be nothing other than a colossal failure, especially after not making the Olympics with even more NBA talent last summer.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

SGA has been amazing for Team Canada .. Add Barret , Murray and Dillon Brooks and boy can we compete !! Although when we play the big boys like Serbia vs Greece they have big bodies that will give us trouble .

I hear that is it for SGA ( on twitter ) I don't think we will have him for our next match . Wow what a joke .. Those European teams get their stars playing for them all summer and we can't even get 4 games .

Gilgeous-Alexander has been shut down by the Thunder in the wake of the season-ending foot injury that rookie Chet Holmgren suffered in a pro-am game recently. Alexander-Walker will also miss the game while undergoing surgery to remove his wisdom teeth and Joseph has a family matter
                      I have the game on PVR so will watch it tonight.. but I suspect Shai was only shut down for that Panama game. They likely don't need him. Panama isn't ranked really highly. Currently 49th in FIBA world rankings (Canada is 18th).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I have the game on PVR so will watch it tonight.. but I suspect Shai was only shut down for that Panama game. They likely don't need him. Panama isn't ranked really highly. Currently 49th in FIBA world rankings (Canada is 18th).
                        Panama should be a walk in the park.

Comment

• do we have enough to win in September?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

well after the panama game i think the last four are in November and February, so i doubt he plays those ones either. will be up to the scrubbs for those

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

well after the panama game i think the last four are in November and February, so i doubt he plays those ones either. will be up to the scrubbs for those
                              No NBA players will be on it. Essentially it will be made from some euro leaguer guys, G leaguers and CEBL players. This is why its important to win now cause you can absorbs a one or two loses during the fall & winter run without hurting your standings.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

No NBA players will be on it. Essentially it will be made from some euro leaguer guys, G leaguers and CEBL players. This is why its important to win now cause you can absorbs a one or two loses during the fall & winter run without hurting your standings.
                                yeah i know, that's why i said those games would be up to the scrub(b)s

Comment

Working...
                                X