X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    Forgot that Canada played tonight…

Watching presently on replay on SN.

Just an absolute drubbing… Canada was up 33-7 at the end of the first, and it continued like that most of the way. Olynk was lights out from 3. Pangos, Ejim played very well. Edey looked great when he got in… The whole team just played so well, absolutely smothering their opponent. Looking like that brand that Nick wants to play of brutally stifling coverage. Easier against this competition. Man would it be something else to see the Raps beat NBA competition in this fashion. Lol

If anyone was worried about Shai not showing up for this one… I think Canada was confident they didn’t need him.

They went on to win 106-50 and remain undefeated with a massive margin of error in the point differential department.

Write up on the game here:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...ifying/?sn-amp
    Yes a very good game with time for the bench players to get floor time to solidify their patterns and understanding of each other's play. You can see the team is improving over the months. Time to puch their ticket this November for the next level and nail their entry into the final round.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Yes a very good game with time for the bench players to get floor time to solidify their patterns and understanding of each other's play. You can see the team is improving over the months. Time to punch their ticket this November for the next level and nail their entry into the final round.
      I have to give Canada credit . They came out with this Stifling Defense and didn't let up .. Take away that fluke half time shot and they only allowed 47 points ..Pangos was amazing and is a great floor general .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

I have to give Canada credit . They came out with this Stifling Defense and didn't let up .. Take away that fluke half time shot and they only allowed 47 points ..Pangos was amazing and is a great floor general .
        Pangos > C.Joseph on team Canada.

You can see how its a different game and players like Pangos seems to thrive better than Joseph who's game more suited to the NBA but tends to lay an egg on the international stage.

Comment

• Only got through the first quarter in that blow out win. I felt pretty bad for Panama. They just aren't good. Saw the final score. Yikes.

Olynyk was awesome in the first quarter. Powell worked really hard too. Sucks that we won't get these guys in November.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Only got through the first quarter in that blow out win. I felt pretty bad for Panama. They just aren't good. Saw the final score. Yikes.

Olynyk was awesome in the first quarter. Powell worked really hard too. Sucks that we won't get these guys in November.
            And I guess Edey won't be there either, as he's back to Purdue? ...... Otherwise it'd be time for Edey to eat.

Comment

...Sucks that we won't get these guys in November.
              All the more important that the bench got so many minutes from the second quarter on. Felt sorry (a little) for Panama, but happy for the Canadian team. Real game time minutes getting more cohesive.

Comment

• Nice to see the C squad still whooping ass.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  Nice to see the C squad still whooping ass.
                  Well enjoy it cause its going to get pretty ugly when the D squad plays for 3 games starting Friday against teams who still kept their squads mostly intact.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Well enjoy it cause its going to get pretty ugly when the D squad plays for 3 games starting Friday against teams who still kept their squads mostly intact.
                    While I really don't know what to expect from the AmeriCup squad. It doesn't look like stiff competition. Banton and Trae Bell-Haynes is a good back court in this competition. If their frontcourt players can hold their own they might do OK.

Argentina just released their coach, will their NBA guys that played in the qualifying window suit up for this.

Here is a link to potential rosters. https://www.fiba.basketball/americup...-americup-2022
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Can someone help explain the AmeriCup to me? Is it tied in anyway to the qualification process for the world cup? Or is it just a separate, unrelated tournament?

If it was important I would think team Canada would put together a better roster.

Comment

Can someone help explain the AmeriCup to me? Is it tied in anyway to the qualification process for the world cup? Or is it just a separate, unrelated tournament?

If it was important I would think team Canada would put together a better roster.
                        It used to be tied to qualification but it is now a stand alone tournament . It does contribute to your FIBA ranking points for which it will help in your seeding when you qualify for the World Cup .. I think other then being the home country their isn't much motivation to bring your A squad .

It seems this is more of a big deal in Europe .

Comment

• The US squad has McCaw and Meeks on it. That's hilarious.

Comment

Americup doesn't count so I'm not really even going to pay attention to it.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Americup doesn't count so I'm not really even going to pay attention to it.
                              Not even if Banton is set to be playing there?!

Comment

Not even if Banton is set to be playing there?!
                                I will be checking this thread to hear about how Banton did. Its about as interesting to me as Rico Runs. I appreciate everyone watching those for me and letting me know how everyone did, but cannot bring myself to watch more than a few quick highlights.

Comment

Working...
                                X