Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    Daily Banton Boxscore --- only 2 players were worse than minus 2 for Canada --- Dalano being one of them, was minus 20...

Perhaps DAZN would've told a particular story, but as I'm not a subscriber, I can only extrapolate that that's ... a disappointing performance. (Again.)

.... Still pulling for the Kipling Express ...
    Totally agree .. Major disappointing performance .. Maybe a wake up call for this guy .. He gave us a negative performance
    and in game that was only decided by 4 points . His just playing impacted the game in the wrong way .

Canada v USA boxscore - FIBA AmeriCup 2022 - 11 September - FIBA.basketball
    Last edited by guyroch; Sun Sep 11, 2022, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
      Daily Banton Boxscore --- only 2 players were worse than minus 2 for Canada --- Dalano being one of them, was minus 20...

Perhaps DAZN would've told a particular story, but as I'm not a subscriber, I can only extrapolate that that's ... a disappointing performance. (Again.)

.... Still pulling for the Kipling Express ...
      I'm pulling for him as well and gotta remember he's still young and has a ways to go before he's a rotation calibre player on an NBA team.

Comment

• he has been up and down but htis was a good experience for him... but yeah like you said he has a ton of development left.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

It's Nate Mitchell the coach who is also Raptors assistant coach so it's all connected.
          Nick Nurse coaching tree…. if we had won anything.

Comment

• What's the deal, I haven't been following, in terms of future tournaments/Olympics? Are we qualified?

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
              What's the deal, I haven't been following, in terms of future tournaments/Olympics? Are we qualified?
              We are on the cusp of qualifying for the World Cup. We are currently on the second round of qualifying ad sit atop the group with an 8-0 record. Next window is November, then February.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

We are on the cusp of qualifying for the World Cup. We are currently on the second round of qualifying ad sit atop the group with an 8-0 record. Next window is November, then February.
                Ahh thanks, I'm guessing then we don't need the superstar players in Nov and Feb since they will be busy and we should be able to win enough still to qualify without issue.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

dont jinx

Comment

• Dalano Banton named tournament 1st team

Comment

• Zach Edey named Number One "Most intriguing men’s college basketball players this season" by The Athletic's Brian Hamilton.

Some nice recognition for the big guy.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                        Dalano Banton named tournament 1st team
                        All the talk has been about his performance being underwhelming and he gets named tournament 1st team LMAO!

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

All the talk has been about his performance being underwhelming and he gets named tournament 1st team LMAO!
                          Like I've been saying... the talent level of these other countries is getting worse, while Canada is on the rise.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                            Zach Edey named Number One "Most intriguing men’s college basketball players this season" by The Athletic's Brian Hamilton.

Some nice recognition for the big guy.
                            Has he stopped growing yet? He's actually a very good athlete but moving around that size isn't easy. Hopefully he can put together a good season at Purdue.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Has he stopped growing yet? He's actually a very good athlete but moving around that size isn't easy. Hopefully he can put together a good season at Purdue.
                              Most people stop growing at the age of 21 so there is a chance he can grow a bit more.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Like I've been saying... the talent level of these other countries is getting worse, while Canada is on the rise.
                                My expectations for Delano are coming down to reality and more in line with what you'd expect from a late SRP. If he becomes a rotational player (some day) that is a huge win, but being drafted by the Raps doesn't mean it's a lock he will exceed the expectations for a lat SRP.

Comment

Working...
                                X