Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Limited defender.

Banton due to his slender and slim body (like Boucher) has problems defending near the paint when smaller players will use their bodies to push him.

More effective as a perimeter defender.

His 3 point shot will probably determine how long he would stay in a game this season.
    Yeah, coz he is not strong and physical.
    When he was drafted, l was hoping he can be a Ben Simmons - lite for us.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Yeah, coz he is not strong and physical.
      When he was drafted, l was hoping he can be a Ben Simmons - lite for us.
      A taller Shaun LIvingston would be perfectly acceptable.

Comment

• Well Poland with a bunch of non - nba players beat the mighty Luka today at Euro basketball ...

Slovenia v Poland boxscore - FIBA EuroBasket 2022 - 14 September - FIBA.basketball

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
          Well Poland with a bunch of non - nba players beat the mighty Luka today at Euro basketball ...

Slovenia v Poland boxscore - FIBA EuroBasket 2022 - 14 September - FIBA.basketball
          No more excuses for Team Canada. We have more than enough talent, experience, chemistry, blah, blah, blah…

It’s all about coaching now and doing it when it matters.

Comment

• 16 year-old Toby Fournier 2022 BioSteel All-Canadian Slam Dunk Contest Highlights - YouTube

Found about this Toronto HS girl on Tik Tok .. Toby Fournier is a Canadian HS player who can dunk already and are clean dunks ..

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Watching highlights of the Serbia/Greece game from a couple of days ago, the insane play of Giannis and Jokic tells me that Team Canada likely still has a distance to go...

I feel like maybe I've become a bit desensitized over the last couple of years with the fantastic level of parity the NBA is presently enjoying... but watching clips of that game reminds one, it's still a superstar's game. (I'm not saying the Raps don't have enough depth to go far ..... Team Canada though, as much as there is to be excited about there... I think we still have to gain more talent to easily take down those kind of countries... and yeah, not to be all Demo-shift about it (Much love, Demo) but we may need more than we got for big bodies, cause the Giannis/Jokic's of the world are gonna BULLY us ...

Or maybe I'm wrong. (GO CANADA)
              lol. This aged like spilled milk...

Comment

16 year-old Toby Fournier 2022 BioSteel All-Canadian Slam Dunk Contest Highlights - YouTube

Found about this Toronto HS girl on Tik Tok .. Toby Fournier is a Canadian HS player who can dunk already and are clean dunks ..
                She's not only a dunker. She has a well rounded game at still a young age. Big time upside! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIcsR5-y650
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Wonderful to see. Sixteen years old. The game is growing across the country and the women's game is having monster success. You can only imagine what kind of an example Toby Fournier is providing to other young women in Canada.

Comment

• Can we get Sergio to coach Team Canada? No excuses…. he just wins. FIBA GOAT coach.

Comment

• Just a heads up that our Women's National Team starts their World Cup competition on September 22nd. https://www.basketball.ca/team-canad...a-wwc-edmonton
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                        Just a heads up that our Women's National Team starts their World Cup competition on September 22nd. https://www.basketball.ca/team-canad...a-wwc-edmonton
                        I can't find news about TV coverage. Hopefully sportsnet comes through

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

I can't find news about TV coverage. Hopefully sportsnet comes through
                          My understanding is Sportsnet has the rights for the next couple years. Here is a streaming option. https://watch.sportsnet.ca/fiba
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            Can we get Sergio to coach Team Canada? No excuses…. he just wins. FIBA GOAT coach.

The roster keeps changing but results remain the same .. It is something about putting on that national jersey ..

Comment

The roster keeps changing but results remain the same .. It is something about putting on that national jersey ..
                              Which means the common denominator is coaching.

Being from the Nick Nurse coaching tree, Sergio obviously read Nurse’s book “How to win damn near everywhere”.

Spain had a lot of young guys and 9 Eurobasket rookies. That would have been a prime Team Canada excuse for losing.

Comment

• Germany won bronze, led by a Canadian coach, btw.

Comment

Working...
                                X