No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SGA has a Grade 2 left MCL Sprain and will miss the start of training camp ..

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
      SGA has a Grade 2 left MCL Sprain and will miss the start of training camp ..
      OKC can sit him for the year just to be safe

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Which means the common denominator is coaching.

Being from the Nick Nurse coaching tree, Sergio obviously read Nurse’s book “How to win damn near everywhere”.

Spain had a lot of young guys and 9 Eurobasket rookies. That would have been a prime Team Canada excuse for losing.
        Sergio could get a NBA head coaching job but he is too committed to the Spain national team. We had to ensure him he could leave the raps to go coach Spain mid season to get him to agree
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

SGA has a Grade 2 left MCL Sprain and will miss the start of training camp ..
          After playing 82 games as a rookie he followed up with 70 in year 2. Then 35 and 56 games in the next two seasons. This is not a good start for year 5 and may impact his ability to play for Canada going forward.

I hope he will rehab and be ready for the start of the regular season although grade 2 sprains can take 4 weeks or longer to recoup from.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Canadian women beat Serbia in their opening match at worlds.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• My wife PVR'd it.. I'll likely watch it later today. Good to see Kia Nurse back and healthy.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

After playing 82 games as a rookie he followed up with 70 in year 2. Then 35 and 56 games in the next two seasons. This is not a good start for year 5 and may impact his ability to play for Canada going forward.

I hope he will rehab and be ready for the start of the regular season although grade 2 sprains can take 4 weeks or longer to recoup from.
                OKC might continue to ban SGA from off-season competition because of what happened to Chet.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

OKC might continue to ban SGA from off-season competition because of what happened to Chet.
                  i'd say they're more likely to ban him from in-season competition because of what happened to chet

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                    Canadian women beat Serbia in their opening match at worlds.
                    They follow it up with a win against France ... They just beat the 6 and 10th rank team ... Although Canada is ranked 4th
                    but France and Serbia were both semi finalist in the last Olympics ..

Comment

• Great start for the women. Winning games in your pool will help avoid top team when crossovers begin.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Congrats to the women's Senior team. Defeated Japan (who eliminated them last tournament I think) and play Australia tomorrow (6:30 am on Sportsnet). The Canadian women didn't score for the first 6 minutes of play while Japan moved into a 10 or 11 point lead, but things improves after that and they were up by double digits at the end of the second.

Fingers crossed for the team tomorrow.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Congrats to the women's Senior team. Defeated Japan (who eliminated them last tournament I think) and play Australia tomorrow (6:30 am on Sportsnet). The Canadian women didn't score for the first 6 minutes of play while Japan moved into a 10 or 11 point lead, but things improves after that and they were up by double digits at the end of the second.

Fingers crossed for the team tomorrow.
                          I only saw the tail end of the game. Japan looked like they were ready for a come back, but our defense held up. Canada is looking really good. They looked really good against France and they are a tough opponent.

Australia should be a good one. The one against Mali should be a cake walk. They have a +/- of like -108 in 3 games. Saw that on the screen. Surprised they even got invited to this tournament.

Comment

• Was looking forward to watching the Japan game as it would have been on at 7:30am Atlantic time....but NS got hit by Fiona and power is out. Estimated to be back Wednesday at 11pm.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Canada had a hard fought loss to Austraila .. They are going to finish 4-1 and really what they do in the knock out stage will be their biggest stage .. Last World's they started 3-0 but then finished 7th .

Comment

Canada had a hard fought loss to Austraila .. They are going to finish 4-1 and really what they do in the knock out stage will be their biggest stage .. Last World's they started 3-0 but then finished 7th .
                                Tomorrow will determine what place they finish in the group and who they play in the quarter finals. Australia left in all on the floor vs. Canada. Does that leave them susceptible to Japan? France Serbia will be a tough match as well. Canada should roll Mali build on their schemes.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X