Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF wrote: View Post

Tomorrow will determine what place they finish in the group and who they play in the quarter finals. Australia left in all on the floor vs. Canada. Does that leave them susceptible to Japan? France Serbia will be a tough match as well. Canada should roll Mali build on their schemes.
    I think both teams will give it their A game just so they don't finish 3rd and have to play the U.S in the Quarters .

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

Tomorrow will determine what place they finish in the group and who they play in the quarter finals. Australia left in all on the floor vs. Canada. Does that leave them susceptible to Japan? France Serbia will be a tough match as well. Canada should roll Mali build on their schemes.
      It seems they have a draw after the group phase ... Canada plays Puerto Rico in Quarters instead of Belgium . Good news or bad news ? Canada lost to Puerto Rico at the FIBA Americup although it was a home game for Puerto Rico ..

I am confused where is Brazil in this tournament ? They won a Bronze in 2021 America's Cup ?
      Last edited by guyroch; Tue Sep 27, 2022, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• Australia ended up as the top team in the pool.. is that because they had a better point differential? Or was it because Australia won the head to head? I guess it doesn't matter.

Ultimately they ended up in the same bracket as the US.. so best chance is a 3rd place finish. Although China looks tough too.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Australia ended up as the top team in the pool.. is that because they had a better point differential? Or was it because Australia won the head to head? I guess it doesn't matter.

Ultimately they ended up in the same bracket as the US.. so best chance is a 3rd place finish. Although China looks tough too.
          Head-to-head. If France, Aus and Canada all ended up with the same record then Canada would have been first apparently but France lost.

Comment

• Good news to wake up too .. Canada is off to the semi's after beating Puerto Rico by 19 points .

Puerto Rico v Canada boxscore - FIBA Women's Basketball World Cup 2022 - 29 September - FIBA.basketball

Next up is the American's .. So it looks like Canada vs Australia for the Bronze medal .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
              Good news to wake up too .. Canada is off to the semi's after beating Puerto Rico by 19 points .

Puerto Rico v Canada boxscore - FIBA Women's Basketball World Cup 2022 - 29 September - FIBA.basketball

Next up is the American's .. So it looks like Canada vs Australia for the Bronze medal .
              As much as I would like to see Canada upset their neighbors to the south, USA has not even been tested in this tournament so it's unlikely to happen.

A rematch of Canada and Australia for bronze would be nice. Their game in group play was great basketball. I even picked up a great set with some options from Canada that I am going to steal this year coaching.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• No chance Australia beats China, and Canada faces China for the bronze? I haven't seen China play but their +/- was pretty great coming out of the other pool, despite having the US in their pool too.

Comment

No chance Australia beats China, and Canada faces China for the bronze? I haven't seen China play but their +/- was pretty great coming out of the other pool, despite having the US in their pool too.
                  Of coarse there is a chance but other then U.S ( which they lost by only 14 pts ) they have steam rolled over every opponent . Australia is playing at home .. China steam rolling through group stage could also mean their group other then U.S was not very good . We will see .

Comment

No chance Australia beats China, and Canada faces China for the bronze? I haven't seen China play but their +/- was pretty great coming out of the other pool, despite having the US in their pool too.
                    Well the result was like predicted but it was a nail bitter .. China 61 Australia 59 .. Although U.S kicked Canada's ass by 40 and so that was expected .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Well the result was like predicted but it was a nail bitter .. China 61 Australia 59 .. Although U.S kicked Canada's ass by 40 and so that was expected .
                      That was a humiliating loss. They were down 15-0 or something to start the game. It was just a blood bath for most of the game. US is unstoppable but the Canadians could have put up a better effort.

Australia is still the home country. I'm nervous for that bronze game. Would be a bit of a let down if we leave this tourney without a medal.

Comment

That was a humiliating loss. They were down 15-0 or something to start the game. It was just a blood bath for most of the game. US is unstoppable but the Canadians could have put up a better effort.

Australia is still the home country. I'm nervous for that bronze game. Would be a bit of a let down if we leave this tourney without a medal.
                        That heart breaking loss to China by Australia on last second might leave them emotionally drained for the Bronze medal game ..But like you said playing at home is an advantage ..

Comment

• So 4th place, no medal. Got curb stomped by Australia. It was a close game and then the wheels just started falling off. I'd say 4th in the world rankings is about accurate for them given what I saw.

Comment

• The ladies did very well. Might have won their first game against Australia, then things could have ended up differently. Still have a lot to be proud of. I'm excited to see the growth of the game in Canada and the increasing number of young women/girls participating at all levels. More participation, more Canadian girls playing college ball in the US, more making it to the WNBA or the other national leagues. Only good for the game in this country.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              The ladies did very well. Might have won their first game against Australia, then things could have ended up differently. Still have a lot to be proud of. I'm excited to see the growth of the game in Canada and the increasing number of young women/girls participating at all levels. More participation, more Canadian girls playing college ball in the US, more making it to the WNBA or the other national leagues. Only good for the game in this country.

Ranked 4th in the world and finished 4th ... The Ladies went and took care of business .. On the Men's side the World seems to be catching
                              up to the Americans but it seems on the Woman's side it's the U.S and everyone else seems to be playing for second ..

Comment

• Nice little buzzer beater at the end.

Good to see him back.

Comment

Working...
                                X