No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrubbs and Ejim should get their jerseys retired when it’s all said and done.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

That would be great. I don't know if its legally allowed. Maybe the NBA doesn't want their players playing in other leagues/teams during the NBA season as it can affect their insurance policies. But if it was allowed then that would be a good idea. Heck, they could even borrow Khem Birch
      Instead of Edmonton they could have had this game in Mississauga . That would have even made it easier for Birch and Banton. I hear there is a ex Spurs player who has free time on his hands if he just keep his cloths on in front of ladies .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Instead of Edmonton they could have had this game in Mississauga . That would have even made it easier for Birch and Banton. I hear there is a ex Spurs player who has free time on his hands if he just keep his cloths on in front of ladies .
        Too soon...2022 for basketball is over for him.

Maybe 2023 if he does things right.

Comment

• I only recognize a few guys. Probably a good thing though, I'm familiar with all the old team Canada retreads and they never won anything so fresh blood is a positive.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I only recognize a few guys. Probably a good thing though, I'm familiar with all the old team Canada retreads and they never won anything so fresh blood is a positive.
            The old Canadian retreads are the main reason they are 8-0 .

Comment

The old Canadian retreads are the main reason they are 8-0 .
              Banton is not one of the old retreads.

I was referencing guys like Heslip, who retired from basketball at age 29. He was legit a top 3 player for us for years. The team was just bad.

No hate on Heslip, I appreciate the contributions, but it was a dark time for Canada that he was one of the best talents we were putting out there.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

That would be great. I don't know if its legally allowed. Maybe the NBA doesn't want their players playing in other leagues/teams during the NBA season as it can affect their insurance policies. But if it was allowed then that would be a good idea. Heck, they could even borrow Khem Birch
                I am sure it is both an insurance thing and a team/player money thing. Losing a player to an injury midseason potentially hurts the team, during a time when they are paying the players to play, while the player hurts his value to his or other teams. Fiba seems like a more physical league so maybe the chance of injury goes up.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Scrubbs and Ejim should get their jerseys retired when it’s all said and done.
                  There is a crowd of guys who have come through year after year and who get little recognition outside of their hometowns and families. I'd love to see a Canadian documentary that does justice to the growth of Canadian basketball. Tom English is another icon of the sport during the desert years. I should contact a Canadian film producer and start a GoFundMe campaign. :-)

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

There is a crowd of guys who have come through year after year and who get little recognition outside of their hometowns and families. I'd love to see a Canadian documentary that does justice to the growth of Canadian basketball. Tom English is another icon of the sport during the desert years. I should contact a Canadian film producer and start a GoFundMe campaign. :-)
                    I would love to see that type of documentary. We have come along way from Alex English , Denham Brown , Carl English , Levon Kendall etc to today's NBA stars .

Comment

I would love to see that type of documentary. We have come along way from Alex English , Denham Brown , Carl English , Levon Kendall etc to today's NBA stars .
                      Yes Carl English. Tom English is a kid I went to Grade 8 with. LOL

Comment

Maybe get Nash to narrate it. Since he's got the time.

Comment

1000 likes.

Comment

Maybe get Nash to narrate it. Since he's got the time.
                            The Team Canada Nash GM Era was a disaster. He doesn’t care about those no-name guys either. Nash jumped on the bandwagon because he saw the influx of new Canadian talent. There are quotes from him talking about that. Just like he jumped on the Nets KD/Kyrie bandwagon.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The Team Canada Nash GM Era was a disaster. He doesn’t care about those no-name guys either. Nash jumped on the bandwagon because he saw the influx of new Canadian talent. There are quotes from him talking about that. Just like he jumped on the Nets KD/Kyrie bandwagon.
                              When his first move was hiring Jay Triano as coach I knew Nash as GM was not going to work out well.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

When his first move was hiring Jay Triano as coach I knew Nash as GM was not going to work out well.
                                Steve Nash made a lot of people look smarter and better then they actually were and Jay was one those guys

Comment

Working...
                                X