No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 3 host countries for the FIBA Word Cup have each selected a team to host. Indonesia has selected Canada. The draw for groups to know who else is playing where will take place in April.

I happen to be off work on a sabbatical starting at the beginning of July. I will be looking into to make this one of my trips while off.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
      The 3 host countries for the FIBA Word Cup have each selected a team to host. Indonesia has selected Canada. The draw for groups to know who else is playing where will take place in April.

I happen to be off work on a sabbatical starting at the beginning of July. I will be looking into to make this one of my trips while off.
      I read this and don't know what it means ..

Comment

• The 2023 FIBA World Cup is being hosted by 3 countries, Japan, Philippines, and Indonesia. Each countries host committee selected one of the already qualified teams to host and ensure they will play games in their country. USA will play group phase games in the Philippines, Slovenia will play in Japan and Canada in Indonesia. I assume Canadas large contingent of NBA players played into us being selected over traditional powerhouses such as Spain and France. https://www.fiba.basketball/basketba...nia-and-canada

The remaining teams will find out where they play once the group draws are done in April.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

I read this and don't know what it means ..
          FIBA World Cup is being played in 3 countries (Japan, Indonesia, Phillipines). All of the other teams will travel in between those 3 countries during the tournament .... except for 3 chosen countries, who are picked by Japan, Indonesia & Phillipines to be hosted for the entire round. That means less travel for those teams that are picked.

Phillipines picked USA (because of the NBA mega star power)
          Japan picked Slovenia (because of Luka)
          Indonesia picked Canada (again, because of our NBA star power)

The host countries chose USA, Slovenia & Canada to generate box office. And that gives us a travel advantage in the tournament.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

FIBA World Cup is being played in 3 countries (Japan, Indonesia, Phillipines). All of the other teams will travel in between those 3 countries during the tournament .... except for 3 chosen countries, who are picked by Japan, Indonesia & Phillipines to be hosted for the entire round. That means less travel for those teams that are picked.

Phillipines picked USA (because of the NBA mega star power)
            Japan picked Slovenia (because of Luka)
            Indonesia picked Canada (again, because of our NBA star power)

The host countries chose USA, Slovenia & Canada to generate box office. And that gives us a travel advantage in the tournament.

Thanks for explanation .

Comment

• Tristan Thompson ? Just saw him on the new version of " the jump " on ESPN .. Is this guy's career over at the age of 31 years old ? If you google his name nothing about NBA but all about Kardashian ..

Comment

• https://twitter.com/Truenor23860723/...NDa8gekVg&s=19

https://www.fiba.basketball/basketballworldcup/2023/americas-qualifiers/news/roster-tracker-who-will-be-playing-in-the-february-window1

Canada clinched but 2 more games to go ...Some familiar faces ... Banton only playing garbage minutes maybe he should go .. I know it will never happen .. Tristian seems to be playing zero ball lately ..
                Last edited by guyroch; Tue Feb 14, 2023, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• This last window will be interesting as there will be quite a few new bodies in the lineup. Too bad some of the G-League guys like Wigginton, Darling and Mfiondu Kabengele can't suit up. They have been looking very good this year. Kabengele is on a two with the Celtics, but the two Nova Scotian guards are free agents.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                    This last window will be interesting as there will be quite a few new bodies in the lineup. Too bad some of the G-League guys like Wigginton, Darling and Mfiondu Kabengele can't suit up. They have been looking very good this year. Kabengele is on a two with the Celtics, but the two Nova Scotian guards are free agents.
                    You have to give props to the guys going .. The team has already clinched and they are making the sacrifice .. I don't understand if G-League is for development then why not lone players for just a two game span .. It would be good if FIBA could have lined up these two games that would go at the same time as NBA all star break ..

Comment

You have to give props to the guys going .. The team has already clinched and they are making the sacrifice .. I don't understand if G-League is for development then why not lone players for just a two game span .. It would be good if FIBA could have lined up these two games that would go at the same time as NBA all star break ..
                      Argentina v Canada boxscore - FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023 Americas Qualifiers - 23 February - FIBA.basketball

Comment

• Have to give props to these guys .. On away court they battled through the whole game but missed a lot of guys from the C squad
                        that could have helped but since this was a meaningless game what can we really expect . Next game up is Sunday and this long
                        stupid qualification tournment will be over .

Comment

• What a great win !! 72-57 !! Finished tournment 11-1 .. Way to go Canada .. Beat Venezuela on the road .

https://www.fiba.basketball/basketba...lifiers/groups
                          Last edited by guyroch; Sun Feb 26, 2023, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Tristan Thompson ? Just saw him on the new version of " the jump " on ESPN .. Is this guy's career over at the age of 31 years old ? If you google his name nothing about NBA but all about Kardashian ..

Well. For years and years (since 2014 to be exact!) the Raptors have NEEDED TRISTAN THOMPSON.

Now, it seems he may need us.

Can Tristan Thompson be saved?? Maybe if he sorts out his family drama first.

#NEEDTRISTANTHOMPSON

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

Well. For years and years (since 2014 to be exact!) the Raptors have NEEDED TRISTAN THOMPSON.

Now, it seems he may need us.

Can Tristan Thompson be saved?? Maybe if he sorts out his family drama first.

#NEEDTRISTANTHOMPSON
                              You look at his draft class .. JV is still going strong but Tristian is now a ESPN hot take guy ..

Comment

What a great win !! 72-57 !! Finished tournment 11-1 .. Way to go Canada .. Beat Venezuela on the road .

https://www.fiba.basketball/basketba...lifiers/groups
                                Argentina out of the World Cup after todays loss

Comment

Working...
                                X