Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post

You look at his draft class .. JV is still going strong but Tristian is now a ESPN hot take guy ..
    Maybe this is blasphemy from me. WE STILL NEED TT

But. I feel like it just comes down to who's a good pro who wants to get better, adapt and improve every year, and who just wants to sit there and expects to be in the league based on their natural skill set and physical assets into their late 30s.

JV always seemed like a good dude and a hard worker and developed a 3 point shot.

TT's had that weird Kardashians thing going on for some time, skipped out on team Canada, so on.

Greg Monroe same deal. I don't know for sure but my guess is that TT and Greg Monroe didn't really work hard to make their games any better while JV did. So, JV stays in the league, the other tall guys find out even though they're tall they are replaceable by younger tall guys who are cheaper and in some cases will improve way more in the years to come.

It's too bad.

TO SAVE TT

#TTNEEDSTO
    #BRINGHIMHOME???

Comment

What a great win !! 72-57 !! Finished tournment 11-1 .. Way to go Canada .. Beat Venezuela on the road .

https://www.fiba.basketball/basketba...lifiers/groups
      I really hope that Canada Basketball finds a way to include Phil Scrubb this summer. He would make a good assistant coach. That guy deserves to go to the FIBA championships...I guess Tommy as well.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

I really hope that Canada Basketball finds a way to include Phil Scrubb this summer. He would make a good assistant coach. That guy deserves to go to the FIBA championships...I guess Tommy as well.
        TLC was wrong. Yes Scrubbs. lol.

Comment

• Bennedict Mathurin strongly wants to play for Canada in FIBA World Cup

Bennedict Mathurin strongly wants to play for Canada in FIBA World Cup | Flipboard

Comment

What a great win !! 72-57 !! Finished tournment 11-1 .. Way to go Canada .. Beat Venezuela on the road .

Glad I caught most of it. Loved the way they turned it up in the second half. Played like a team and the ball moved where it was supposed to go. Happy for all the players and happy I am living through the greatest days of Canadian National Basketball.

Comment

Bennedict Mathurin strongly wants to play for Canada in FIBA World Cup

Bennedict Mathurin strongly wants to play for Canada in FIBA World Cup | Flipboard
              I think having the National Team head coach being an NBA guy helps. He sees every team at least twice per year providing extra time to build relationships and plant seeds about playing for Canada. Nurse's presence may be as big a factor as his coaching.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

11-1 record is actually pretty amazing considering we only had like 4-5 games with NBA talent. Coach Nate should get his flowers too.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

11-1 record is actually pretty amazing considering we only had like 4-5 games with NBA talent. Coach Nate should get his flowers too.
                  Lots of depth now. I would like to see a couple of these guys on the World Cup team, too. But it’s going to be a tough team for many of the NBA guys to make!

Comment

Bennedict Mathurin strongly wants to play for Canada in FIBA World Cup

That's great news. Canada is absolutely loaded with wings.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

That's great news. Canada is absolutely loaded with wings.
                      SGA growth may motivate a " Dream Team " senerio from occurring .. With him at PG we have a legimate shot to make noise ... Before SGA the closest thing we had was Steve Nash .. We have had a lot of Canada NBA players but how many have achieved what SGA has done this year . Even Murray could never claim to have been one of the best PG in the league pre injury ..

Comment

SGA growth may motivate a " Dream Team " senerio from occurring .. With him at PG we have a legimate shot to make noise ... Before SGA the closest thing we had was Steve Nash .. We have had a lot of Canada NBA players but how many have achieved what SGA has done this year . Even Murray could never claim to have been one of the best PG in the league pre injury ..
                        What do we have then? SGA, Murray, Barrett, Brooks, Dort, Boucher, Clarke, Powell, Olynyk would all be locks I am guessing. That's 9. Then you've got Alexander-Walker, Mathurin, Nemhard, Joseph, Brissett, Lyles.

Wiggins would be a lock but he's opted out as far as I know. Would like to Scrubb make the team. How big is the roster? 12 or 15? Going to be some really good players that don't make the team.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

What do we have then? SGA, Murray, Barrett, Brooks, Dort, Boucher, Clarke, Powell, Olynyk would all be locks I am guessing. That's 9. Then you've got Alexander-Walker, Mathurin, Nemhard, Joseph, Brissett, Lyles.

Wiggins would be a lock but he's opted out as far as I know. Would like to Scrubb make the team. How big is the roster? 12 or 15? Going to be some really good players that don't make the team.
                          Neither Scrubb is making the team.

The only way a non NBA guy makes the team is if he's a big man, we're low on those.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Neither Scrubb is making the team.

The only way a non NBA guy makes the team is if he's a big man, we're low on those.
                            That would be unfortunate. Personally, would like to see at least 1 or better 2 spots reserved for non-NBA players. You're not going 12 deep anyway and it's a good incentive for guys to travel and play in the qualification windows, especially if you can carry reserves.

Comment

That would be unfortunate. Personally, would like to see at least 1 or better 2 spots reserved for non-NBA players. You're not going 12 deep anyway and it's a good incentive for guys to travel and play in the qualification windows, especially if you can carry reserves.
                              That's the idea. I would give Bennedict and Sharpe another year to develop for Olympics medal competition in 2024 and simply drop the players that didn't play well but earned a berth in 2023.

Comment

Boucher didn't make the team. He could get a special invitation but I don't see it. They wanted a 3 year commitment and I don't think he could do it.

The list of guys that made the cut are here:
                                https://www.basketball.ca/news/athle...-core-revealed

Comment

Working...
                                X